“It was okay” 3 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Long Beach
Long Beach Inn
You added Long Beach Inn to your Saves list
2900 E Pacific Coast Hwy, Long Beach, CA 90804   |
Ranked #44 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Sydney
“It was okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Okay. That pretty much sums it up.

I have pretty low standards: I'm a postgrad student on a small income, travelling the US for research purposes and trying to do it as cheaply as possible without staying in hostels. I don't pay a lot of money for accommodation, and I don't expect much in return. I was looking for somewhere cheap and close to CSU where I was doing research. It ticked those boxes. The place is pretty old, and not in an overwhelmingly great area. Still, it was clean, the staff were really friendly (they seemed concerned about the fact I was a young woman travelling alone and were super helpful), and there were no bugs. So there's some more boxes ticked. You have to pay for the internet, but it's pretty cheap.

That said... If you're looking for somewhere close to the sights, this is probably not the place. It's not super far - I travelled Downtown a couple of days while I was there, and there's a bus that leaves from pretty much straight outside the hotel. It's not the most frequent bus and it end pretty early at night, but it's easy to navigate and will take you where you want to go.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

We discovered this motel on the internet and decided to spend 2 days and 2 nights there. We were very happy with our choice. EVERYTHING was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very courteous and helpful and it was a lovely, quiet place. It was a very good price and we will be returning there again whenever we come to Longbeach. They were very dedicated in making their guests happy.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

I recently traveled from Oregon to long beach and I came across this motel long beach inn. Wonderful place! So close to Beach and downtown, but you would never know you are in a big, busy city. The inn has a lot of open space around it . which makes the place peaceful and very restful. I stayed here for three weeks and rented a room with kitchen.

My experience here Was awesome with neat and clean rooms. The staff is attentive and friendly. I highly recommend this reasonable, clean and friendly motel

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Long Beach, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Disgusting doesn’t begin to describe this place!! First and foremost this hotel is infested with cockroaches! I spent a good portion of my stay there looking out for and killing them. The Long Beach Inn has got to be a health hazard. Honestly, the ONLY reason I stayed there is because my dog and I had just arrived back into town and unfortunately had nowhere else to go. I will give them that much…they were the only place I could find that would allow my pup to stay. (She’s 20 lb.’s btw)
Of course I did pay extra for her naturally. It was $65.00 total for Friday night. Then when I paid for Saturday night the woman, (said she was the manager), working charged me $70.00 and told me it was more for Saturdays and Sundays even though I had already confirmed with the man on Friday it would be the same rate if I stayed the following night. Actually struck me as “funny” that their weekend rates were for Sat. and Sun. and not Fri.??? At least she was polite.
Not to sound too much like a resentful, ungrateful jerk, but while I’m at it I might as well include the fact that the much older man who came in Sat. afternoon was a real @ss! Since I was staying another night I asked him if the Wi-Fi fee needed to be paid again. He quickly mumbled something under his breath that I didn’t understand, and when I asked again he became angry and nasty toward me. And the Wi-Fi… it’s $3.00 a day and the signal is basically non-existent. I was constantly disconnected. Lame.

Room Tip: Choose a different place to stay. I do regret not having a camera with me.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Ogden, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

It's an older motel in the older part of the city, but clean and comfortable. The staff is extra friendly. Less expensive than the other "budget" motels in the imediate area -a good deal if you're tight on money

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Newton Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

This was by far the most ridiculous motel I've ever stayed at. The man at the front desk was sketchy and we should have known what we were getting into when his last words of advice were, "Lock the door, every time!"

We were looking for the cheapest room possible. It's definitely the cheapest, and you get what you paid for. The bed was sunk in a good 6 inches in the middle and there was writing on the walls. I couldn't bring myself to step in the shower without shoes on and the toilet made a loud gushing sound every 5 minutes throughout the night. We made it through the night and were getting packed up ten minutes before check out time and -get this- the man from the night before walked right into our room! He said in a heavy middle eastern accent, "check out time.... i told you to lock the door!" I''m glad I was dressed!

Again, this motel is a joke at best. A funny memory to have of a crummy motel, but if you're looking for a nice place to rest for a night, steer clear!

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2007

The rooms were good size, neat and clean. Our room had a fridge which was a great. I found the staff to be really pro-active and helpful (they gladly honored an early). I've never seen a better value for my travel dollar. This establishment deserves your business. Excellent location - on Pacific coast hwy in Long beach. Very close to Beaches and convention center and downtown.

• Liked — Very good location on Pacific coast hwy
  • Stayed September 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Long Beach Inn? Share your experiences!