“Good best western; value varies” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #7 of 58 hotels in Long Beach
New England
“Good best western; value varies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is everything you'd hope to have at a best western, clean and well maintained and good, friendly service, if not always professional. The internet works most of the time and is free. The breakfast isn't great, but it's free too. The location is a bit of a walk to the convention center--the main entrance for meetings is around by the Hyatt--but that gave me some needed exercise. The immediate neighborhood is really nice--interesting local shops and food, making me wish I'd had more time to sample them.

My only caution is that the rates range from under $100 to over $300, depending on demand. At near $100, it's a great deal; but if the price is much higher, you might be able to get something nicer or closer to the convention center for a similar price, particularly if your meeting has a negotiated price with one of big hotels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

252 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Topanga, California, Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I prepaid for this romantica stay online. When my girlfriend and I drove all the way down there, Joanna and co-worker insisted I didn't pay & refused my check-in. I want my money back AND compensation

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Anne_Santos, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hi Michael,

I’m very sorry to hear that you were unable to check in during your romantic getaway reservation, it would have been our pleasure to have you stay with us. I have reviewed your reservation and confirmed with Best Western that your reservation was not charged to your credit card prior to arrival, upon check in we do require for guests to establish a line of credit for the room payment and incidentals with a valid credit card. I can assure you sir that you have no charges from our hotel, if for any reason you were to find any charges to your account from us, please forward this information to us so that we may assist you in resolving any financial discrepancies. We appreciate your feedback and we hope that we may have the chance to have you stay with us in the future.
Woodinville, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed for a convention end of January and was pleasantly surprised. Husband disappointed though 'cause he thought it had a water view, closer to convention center and "balcony" overlooks courtyard between hotel and apts. next door. Breakfast nicer than average with eggs, waffles, etc. and beats the usual fare of donuts, boxed juice and coffee. Room was clean. Bummer we had to pay for parking. Husband had bad back and I had bad knee so walk to convention center was a little too much for me -- it's not as close as the hotel description leads it to be especially if you're tired/injured/not feeling well after working a trade show -- he had to go get the car and pick me up on return trip 1st day. Enjoyed the sun though!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I reserved a room at this hotel on Hotwire and was pleasantly surprised! The grounds around the hotel were exceptionally clean. In fact, they were cleaning the floor of the parking garage when we checked out the next morning. The hotel staff was very nice and accommodating! Although this hotel was rated a 3 star property, It was as nice as some 4 star properties I have stayed at. The room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. Although our stay here was just a stopover on our way to San Diego after a late flight into Los Angeles, the location of the hotel seemed to be ideal for visiting Long Beach. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice place to stay in Long Beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel at the Convention Center? Share your experiences!