“Ok..hotel for before the cruise” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center

You added Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   200 E. Willow St., Long Beach, CA 90806   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rio Vista, Texas
“Ok..hotel for before the cruise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed in this before a cruise out of Long Beach. It was a great location because of all the stores surrounding the hotel. We forgot some of our items for the cruise so this made it very convenient. Dinner was right around the corner. CVS and some other stores were all within walking distance. The rooms were ok nothing special but they were clean. The cab ride from this to the pier was $16.00 for 2 people. We will stay again if we choose to cruise out of Long Beach.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Bucknell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

In Long Beach you have two choices, stay in expensive hotel down town or look for better value outside of town. I chose value about 2 miles from down town

Usual Comfort Inn, and I use this chain a lot.

Good things, big comfy and clean room with all the facilities you need. Good value. By clean I mean clean including bathroom. Beds are always very clean and no need to inspect for visitors

Very friendly and helpfull staff. Good parking and very convienient tram to downtown.

Not so good, Hotel being refurbished so expect some disruption , that being said the staff worked hard to minimise any inconvienience. Some rooms a bit noisy from road noise and lots of police sirens. That said I still got a good nights sleep.

One thing about Comfort Inns, you know what you are getting and they rarely disapoint

Room Tip: second floor with balcony overlooking pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

i have been staying here off and on for 3 years. the hotel staff are always and helpful. they have a good breakfast, including waffle makers, juices, bagels, donuts, ect.... they also have jacuzzi rooms,a small gym and a nice swimming pool. close to 710 freeway & downtown long beach. i would absolutly reccomend to anybody who comes here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We recently stayed one night and left our car for 8 nights with the Park & Cruise rate. Our room was nice, the staff was friendly and very helpful. We recommend this hotel! We live locally and it was cheaper and easier to spend the night here than to deal with traffic and parking at the port. They hire a taxi for you both to the port and back at the end of the cruise. It was so easy and no waiting in lines for transportation either direction.
Our child is a hotel snob, and she gave the place two thumbs up.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Maui, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at a specific Hotel whenever I come to town, been a busy business man I am not going to waste my time to write a review if I am not satisfied with my stay, we came to this Comfort Inn because I passed by and I saw Jacuzzi Rooms, so I thought I will pulled in and ask about price. The friendly front desk personnel told me and my wife, we will give you 10% percent off AAA rate, I told him I do not have AAA, he said its okay, I will give you a 10% off, so we decided to take it, because the gentleman was so nice and professional, He knows his Hotel and around the area, I asked him where we can have dinner He even point out the Light house downtown 3 miles from the Hotel Chris is the name of the gentleman, He told us that they serve breakfast in the morning, We thought its only continental , but wow come to our surprise that it is a FULL breakfast .I just wanted to write this because I have never stayed at a Hotel that have such friendly Staff, from the time we check in, to their Security and morning staff, the breakfast attendant, My my my my, my money was well worth it, the manager in the morning asked me, what were doing in town I told her business and pleasure, Hats off to your staff, If I were you I will give your staff all bonus, GREAT JOB, thank you for the lovely stayed and thank you and your staff for welcoming us in your Hotel. We will be back .

Room Tip: ask for Jacuzzi room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Celebration, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were searching for a hotel close to the downtown Convention Center and came upon this property that advertised itself to be just that and has previously attracted reasonably good reviews. We considered that this could work out very well - so much so, in fact, that we might be able to skip getting a rental car and just walk what we thought would be a few short blocks. Unfortunately, this turned out to be not so.

The first clue that things were going awry came as the GPS seemed to be leading us well away from the downtown area. After a number of twists and turns, we came upon the hotel at a location far from what we had thought. It was fortunate that we had decided to rent a car at the last minute, as we were 2 1/2 miles away from where we thought we would be!

Now somewhat apprehensive, we checked in anyway, as we had arrived much later than planned (broken aircraft). We were looking forward to getting settled in quickly, as we needed to make an early meeting the next morning. It would be nice to say that when we entered the room what we found made up for the distant location. I would like to say we have won the lottery, too - but sadly, neither are the case.

In fairness, we were met with fairly spacious living quarters, having a sofa and chair toward the door and a king bed toward the window. However, we found a non-functioning lamp by the bed. The staff did cooperate to change it quickly, replacing it with one that, while giving light, had no switch other than plugging and unplugging the cord! But now with the extra light, we could see that the carpet was almost threadbare. The furniture had obviously seen it's better days, and there was an old style, wall mounted heater.

There were adequate plugs and a desk with a mirror that doubled as a dressing table. The large flat screen television looked impressive, but there was no information provided regarding locating channels, and although there was the occasional high-def channel, those seemed to fade in and out randomly, and the remote had a range of about 2 feet. The bath was quite old with minimal space around the toilet area. Overall, the effect was dark and unwelcoming.

But most troubling was the fact that on both nights of our stay, almost immediately upon entering the room, both of us found something had bitten us and left large, uncomfortable whelps. There were also other unpleasant symptoms best left unsaid. On the first night, we thought it was coincidental, but the same thing occurred again on the second, prompting us to move hotels for the next evening.

There are a number of much better reviews of this property, so perhaps we got the best room in the house - we'll give that the benefit of the doubt. But we cannot in good conscious rate this hotel over a "2" based on our experience. Our advice would be to read all the latest reviews carefully if you are considering this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
comfortlgb, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
First of all I would like to apologize for your unpleasant stay at Comfort Inn Long Beach. Our intention is always to do our best in giving excellent service to our guest. Sometimes we fall short of our desires.
I have been trying to look at our log books to see which room you were staying so that I can try to rectify the problem. I do not see any of the complaints you mention written down. I am hoping you mentioned your concerns to the front desk, so that we may improve in our service. If you would be kind to contact me directly, I would love to speak with you. My phone number at the hotel is 562-426-7611.

Myrtle Robertson
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed 2 night while vacationing in the Southern Calif area. Service was great. All staff members were very friendly and helpful. We were given a handicap room which we did not request. We could have asked to change but the room was fine. Grounds are very well kept up. Breakfast very good (especially for a Motel). We took a LA tour and the tour company picked us up at the door. If returning to LA will definately stay here. We always try to stay at a Comfort Inn/Comfort Inn & Suites.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center? Share your experiences!