You added Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hilo, Hawaii
“We will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Each year we come to town for a sportwear convention, and this year we decided to change from our usual hotel choice. I'm glad we did because this is a great place. The staff is really helpful here. Carrie and Jimmy carried ALL of our lugguage upstairs without hesitation. We had a lot of stuff because of merchandise needed for our booth at the convention.They were both very friendly and assisted everyone in our party. We actually needed help with transporting our stuff to and from the show daily so she arranged a deal with a cabbie to help us everyday. We had three rooms and that were all very comfortable and super clean. free breakfast was great. This is a nice safe location with plenty of stores and food nearby. They even had STARBUCKS right across street.

Room Tip: This place does not have an elevator...so be sure to request a first floor room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Romeoville, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel before our cruise .
Great value for the money,rooms and public areas very clean, excellent breakfast, staff is friendly, informative and
knowledgeable .
You are in walking distance to restaurants, drug stores, grocery store and Starbucks .

• Stayed January 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

While we stayed at the comfort inn, Keri, the front desk manager, gave excellent service and was very accomodating for all of our requests. She gave service with a smile and was considerate of the fact that we had young children traveling with us.

Kari and the other front desk individuals really were exceptional and quickly tried to help in any way they could. It made our trip much easier.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

So impressed with the service from start to finish. The girl at the front desk as awesome with
every detail of our needs from a late check-in to a roll away bed (big bed) for child #3 and #4. She arranged transportation to (and from) the ship where we had booked a cruise. Parking was free for the week (at the dock it is 17-20$ per day). The security guard helped us
unload into our room after midnight and our vehicles were in perfect condition when we returned.
CVS and Starbucks across the street...along with a grocery store and MDonald's. It is not a luxury place, but was clean and pretty quiet. All of the staff was so friendly and went out of their way to help us. This was priceless.

Room Tip: Park in the front if you leave your car while on a cruise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Windsor, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We had 13 people in our group. 8 of us stayed 2 nights and had 3 rooms. 5 stayed one night. We were leaving on a cruise out of Long Beach. The rooms were huge and very clean, 2 of the rooms had a view of the pool and gardens which were very nice. Next time I will request one of those rooms. Hotel was close to drug store, grocery store and fast food, all within walking distance. Nice little cafe about 3 blocks away. I would difinitly stay at this hotel again and would highly recommend it to everyone. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Arranged for transport to and from cruise terminal which was include in cost of hotel. Breakfast was typical but did have a waffle maker for a little hot food. Fridge and microwave in room which was a nice touch. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sandy, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have stayed at this Comfort Inn about 4 times and each time I am satisfied. The bed, shower, internet, and room were all fine. The staff is friendly and the breakfast was typical. I liked that I could walk to dinner, the Rite Aid, and other shopping. I would not suggest women walking the neighborhood after dark.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed here one night before taking a cruise from the Carnival long beach port. There was a minor snafu with the reservation, the fellow checking us in told me I had requested a room with only 1 bed. This was not true, I had a printout of my reservation which showed a reservation for a room with 2 queen beds. But I never had to show it to prove it, I simply told him the one bed would not work since I was traveling with my son. He upgraded us to a suite (king bed plus sofa bed) at no extra charge. That was a nice touch & much appreciated. The sofa bed had no linen on it, but that was quickly remedied by a phone call. I think it was maintenance that delivered some linen to me, I had to go back though for another sheet because the guy only handed me 1 sheet, a blanket & pillow.
It's probably a good idea that the sofa bed isn't routinely made up, otherwise if the guest closes up the bed or had not reserved or paid for use of 2 beds - it could be missed that the bed had been used & linen needed to be changed.
I was happy with the location because there were many places to eat within a block & also a CVS right across the street. It stays open 24/7 so very handy. We had dinner at the L&L hawaiian barbecue, good food at a reasonable price. We didn't have a rental car so it really helped to have a location close to restaurants & a convenience store. I rated the location as " very good" because it met our needs. There isn't a view of the water or proximity to tourist attractions, but for what we needed it fit the bill.
Everyone who worked at the hotel was friendly & helpful. The breakfast was fine & more than I expected, there were eggs & sausage besides the usual bread & cereal choices. My son didn't get up for breakfast because he was nursing a cold. A young man helped me carry a plate up to him, despite the fact the fact one arm was in a cast!
The bathroom was very clean, room clean in general although I thought the carpet could stand to be cleaned. I smelled cigarette smoke in the outside corridor but no smell of smoke at all in the room.
This is a well managed property & a clean, safe place to stay pre-cruise.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center? Share your experiences!