“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Nice patio area and fire pit, but poor service and disappointing food. Very slow bar service and disappointing happy hour appetizers.

Visited August 2012

62% Recommend
“the waitress picked up my bf crab with her bare hands!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

First let me say if you're any ethnicity other than white you may not feel comfortable here. Not trying to be racist, but caucasians are the dominant races in that area.My boyfriend and I first visited the crab pot sometime in March and I felt so uncomfortable. I wanted to leave, but he wanted to try it out so we stayed. I was uncomfortable the whole damn time it was his first time eating crab he asked the waitress what would be the easiest way to crack it,she picked up his crab with her nasty hands and proceeded to crack it. I could've cracked every bone in her fraile body. I was so pissed off , its like where's your professionalism? This is not a damn barn you pig!! Prices where too high the food was so bland what a waste of time. I hate the crab pot save your money people!!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Falls Church, Virginia
“Fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Came with large group of family for dinner. Some had the seafood mix that's dumped on your table and picked through, others had individual dinners. No one was disappointed and everyone left full and happy. Nice place, friendly, casual, and good food and drinks! Good bloody mary's!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Langhorne, Pa
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were visiting friends and they took us to this restaurant. Great place on the water. It was great athe typical wharf restaurant. Food was great. Would go again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Irvine, California
“Used to come here and loved it. Not this time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

It's been about a year since I ate at the Crab Pot. I used to have a friend that lived in the area and we came often for happy hour. Back then, I really enjoyed the Crab Pot. While the food wasn't great, it was good. I always liked sitting out on the patio and being able to look at the boats in the marina.

However, I stopped in for lunch here last week and it was terrible. There was one other occupied table. Evidently, my waitress new the people as she spent about 10 minutes chatting them up before coming to take my order. All I ordered was the calamari sticks. I waited and waited for them. It appeared my waitress was busy chatting up someone at the bar. When I finally got my calamari sticks they were cold. I was going to ask my waitress to take them back but she had completely disappeared. I was out there alone on the patio. So I tried eating them. There isn't much worse than cold calamari sticks. Plus, they just didn't have any flavor.

My waitress never came back to check on me. Finally, I went inside and asked for my check. A nice guy said my waitress was in the back and he would grab my check from her. He did and brought it back to me as I stood on the patio. I did then see my waitress come back out to the bar. She was literally a foot or two from me and never once looked up at me or inquired about anything. I was raised by a waitress and am a really good tipper. This is the first time in my life I did not leave a tip. I actually wrote a comment on the bill.

Since my friend doesn't live here anymore, I won't be going back to the Crab Pot. I'd like to keep the great memories I used to have when there was great service and good food.

Also, they are redoing the marina so there were no boats in front of the restaurant. Without the boats there, there really isn't any atmosphere to this place.

• Visited September 2012