“so so nice” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sir Winston's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 892 Restaurants in Long Beach
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Long Beach Passport, Route C.
Tollhouse, CA
“so so nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

would definitly recommend this restaurant. We went for our anniversary and felt like we were royalty. The waiter was remarkable. The food was oh so good. We were treated so well. We got dressed up and I felt like a princess. The price was pricey but we didn't mind. The decor was oh my gosh, out of this world. What a wonderful experience. Love love loved it.!

Calgary, Canada
“Beyond Expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Wow! Where do I begin! Yes, it's expensive but it is so worth the price. I have several food allergies and they are always a problem when we go out ... I have never, ever, had such helpful service! They told me to pick out something I would like and they would remake it so that I could actually eat it! I have never had such a wide door opened for me! I chose the sea scallops and wanted to spend the rest of my life eating it! It was that good! We had an amazing waiter and my compliments to the chef! Would definitely go again! Thanks for making our stay at the Queen Mary so special!

Visited October 2012
QM1934, Guest Relations Manager at Sir Winston's, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Tamara - Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted to read of your wonderful experience and Sir Winston's and hope to host you again soon!
Boston
“A special evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great service and food, worth the price for a special evening. Even though you're not in the actual original space, it feels historic. Lovely views if you get a window table.

Midlands
“excellent food in lovely surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I loved the food and the standard of service.

I did not like having to climb a flight of stairs as I am disabled and was not advised about the stairs when I booked the restaurant.

inland empire, ca
“Old Style Fine Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is the signature restaurant on the Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA. Our party of four had reservations for 7 pm., but we finished our tours by 5:30 and walked in to see if they could accomodate us. The manager was extremely pleasant and had us shown to a window table overlooking the fantail and Long Beach harbor.
The restaurant is beautiful. While it was not a restaurant when the ship was in service, it is in keeping with the grand style of cruising from the 30's: deep pile carpeting, lots of wood and tables spaced to allow for lots of movement.
Service was top notch. Our waiters Drew & Ben were friendly and on the spot without being intrusive. Water glasses were kept filled and plates were cleared promptly. Drinks were served as ordered and were not overly expensive, given the location. The wine list is adequate, but not huge.
Food was very good, but not perfect. French Onion soup was superb, as was the caesar salad, complete with anchovies. The ladies shared a chateaubriand, which was done medium rare as ordered and tender enough to cut with a fork. However, the men's steaks were slightly overcooked. Still tender, but mine was medium instead of medium rare and the other was medium rare+ instead of rare+. The servings were generous and included vegetables and mashed potatoes.
Desserts were very good, and because it was a birthday, Drew brought out an extra dessert as
well as chocolate covered strawberries.
As we left at 7:30, we peeked into the bar. It was deserted, only a lonely piano player and the bartender. However, this was true dining, a 2-hr. meal that never felt rushed or boring. And we were entertained as we overlooked an evening outdoor wedding out our window.
Will definitely return.