“Wonderful Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 986 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Café, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway
Transit: There are multiple Transit stops surrounding our location. George's Greek Cafe is located 1 block North of the Long Beach Transit Mall and the 1st Street stop of the Metro Blue Line.
Description: Father and Son team, George and Demetri Loizides, proprietors, wish to welcome you to "A little piece of Greece in Long Beach". Georges experience encompasses 40 years in the deli and market area, and son Demetri has spent 18 years in the restaurant business -- A winning Combination. Demitri cooks exactly like his Mom, Rodou. He uses no shortcuts, exhibiting the greatest care and experience in preparing fresh, delicious, tender and healthy food for your enjoyment. Only the highest quality products are employed to produce these healthy traditional fresh, homemade Greek dishes which are prepared daily from scratch. Demitri uses top quality Greek products, such as extra virgin olive oil, in preparing these traditional Greek Salads, Gyros, Sandwiches, and Specialty plates including Mousaka and exquisite Greek Desserts.
KY
“Wonderful Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stopped at George's Greek Cafe for dinner the first night of our trip. George greeted us at the entrance like we were old friends! We weren't hungry for a large meal, so we decided on an appetizer sampler that allowed us to have a variety of items, and an eggplant dip. It was more than enough! Every item was spectacular! We had cantaloupe martinis as we sat outside and watched everyone go by. I wish I could have sampled many other items on the menu!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Flagstaff, AZ
“Great find in Long Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were on a family trip to Long Beach and were looking for a fun place to take the kids. After a ton of searching online, we found George's. We are glad we did. When we first arrived at the restaurant, George was at the front greeting all of the customers. My kids thought it was wonderful to be able to meet the owner and get hugs! We were sat immediately and the waiter was there quickly to explain the specials. My 14 year old ordered the special, which was Kleftico, a slow roasted lamb. It was really delicious. I had the flat iron steak and it was tender and really flavorful. The meal was fun and really good and I would go there again while in Long Beach. Yummy!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Excellent falafel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

As a vegetarian, I'm never certain how I'll fare at a given restaurant, but Greek is usually pretty good. This time I got a falafel sandwich with a side salad. Both were quite good! The falafel had a bit of spice to it, which was nice. Great location and service. I would definitely recommend eating here if you're in the neighborhood.

Visited April 2013
Tsugaru, Japan
“My favorite Greek restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My favorite Greek restaurant, period, and one of my favorite restaurants in Long Beach of any kind! Friendly service, and delicious avgolemono (chicken & egg soup) and grilled swordfish dishes. Efkaristo!

Visited July 2012
long beach
“lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

went there for lunch with my two daughters. lovely, ample food. nice staff, especially a young man of Vietmanese decent.

Visited March 2013