“Hotel Maya Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Northridge, United States
“Hotel Maya Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great location, interesting decor. Marginal service, marginal food. High prices for rooms that may or may not be what you reserved. Cleanliness average to poor. I used to love this place before it became a Hilton. I'm not impressed with it now.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We certainly strive to exceed all expectations and apologize if we did not in your case. Please reach out to me at kristi.allen@hilton.com so we may discuss in further detail anything that was not outstanding and I will address it with my team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
temecula
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed the location and the view from our room. This is a pet friendly hotel which is not my wife's preference, but the room was clean and no evidences that pets had been in the room. We visited in Jan and after the New Year so it was not a lot of people, nevertheless we enjoyed our stay. We would go back, but the thought of pets on everything in the room does nothing for my wife. I don't think I can handle all the Lysol she sprayed in the room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for the review. We typically only put Pets in the first floor rooms so they have easy access to the grass and waterfront walkway. We also deep clean any room a pet has been in so you do not have to worry! Hope to see you back here again soon!
Novi, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We picked this hotel due to its convenient location, good reviews on Trip Advisor and local paper, and value. As hoped, the location was very convenient to wander around southern California, and even to walk across the bay to the Long Beach waterfront area for dining or entertainment. The view from the room is beautiful, and we were able to even enjoy the fireworks during New Years Eve. The beds are very comfortable as they advertise.

However, when we first arrived, the refrigerator was "missing (removed)" from our room. Another day the room service took our towels but left no new ones. In both cases, they were very quick to respond to our request for help. We had originally requested a roll away bed for our double queen bed room which they agree to (our kids would fight sharing a bed), but when we arrived we were told that they could not do that due to fire code (?). It would have helped if they made that clear ahead of time.

The rooms looked impeccable on their website, but the carpet was old and dirty. The rooms are "motel style" meaning the room doors access outside, so the dirt from the outside come right in the room. We were provided white hotel slippers upon arrival, but after just one day, the bottom of the slippers started turning black. We wore shoes in the room for the rest of the trip. A carpet deep clean once in a while would help...

The AC unit is very old (and loud) too, which I expected according to some other Trip Advisor reviews.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel if I was by myself due to the good service and location, but I would look at another hotel if coming again with family.

Room Tip: We reserved waterview double queen with a balcony so our room was away from the highway and had a go...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for the very detailed feedback. I will certainly circle back with my team to review as we are always looking to improve. We just deep cleaned all carpets in early December. The carpets have a grey dsin on them which sometimes makes them seem dirty but I assure you we clean them constantly. The port air as you mentioned that creates a layer of dirt daily is being addressed with a new wood flooring which we have started installing in Building two. I hope you return and to expereince the improvements soon!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I was in town for business and I had selected this particular location because it was recomended to me by a friend. I must say that their customer service is beyond great I initially had a room with an ocean view but no balcony which was fine until I decided to have my wife join me in the middle of my stay. I had spoken with the desk manager to see if I could change my room to one with an ocean view and a balcony. The desk manager took care of me and he also had one of the staff members bring my items to the new room while I was at work which was very convinient. I would absolutely return to this hotel in the future because their staff does amazing customer service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the otustanding comments and I will share them with my team. Have a great New year and we hope to see you back here again soon!
Westminster, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was a perfect place for our one night getaway. We enjoyed the bar, room and breakfast. Very clean and staff was friendly. Loved the bartender but can't remember his name. We asked for a cab at check-in (for a later time in the evening) and it was there and waiting for us. We felt like stars!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
You are stars! Our guests are the single most important thing to us and we want all of them to feel like this. Thanks for the feedback!
yuma, arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We chose this hotel because of its location. My husband and I wanted to visit the Queen Mary and the Aquarium and the location was perfect. The hotel room was clean and comfortable but even with ear plugs, the night was ludicrously noisy. Perhaps it was the room or the night we stayed there, but we were very thankful to spend only one night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
We're very sorry for the noise issue you encountered from nearby traffic during your recent stay at our hotel. Your comfort and safety are our highest priority, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. Your review will help us work to correct similar issues in the future and we hope that the next time you’re in the area, you’ll consider staying with us again so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This place is super nice: great rooms, very updated, on the water. Very unique layout, they had a pool and outside seating and a nice restaurant as well. The staff was super helpful and did whatever they could in order to make sure you left happy. Price was fair plus I believe $15 or so for parking. The location was the only thing that got me as it was a little bit of a drive downtown and the hotel is right next to the cruise ship docks and nothing is in walking distance. Besides that one downside, this place was great!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thanks for the great review! We love our slightly off the beaten track location as we are the only hotel on the water and next to the Queen mary and away from the hustle and bustle of the downtown convention center across the bridge. It's not always great to be in the middle of all the action. :) Come back soon and relax with us.

Been to Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!