“Love the Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Vancouver
“Love the Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I loved this hotel. For a 3.5 star property, it is much better than all other hotels out there. Originally, i was supposed to stay at the Marriott in Long Beach as my company conference was held there. I was given the option to stay at Residence Inn but I wanted to look around. I am extremely glad i decided on Hotel Maya instead. The hotel has its own character (read: funky and cool). The best part is its restaurant. Overlooking the water and listening to latin music while sitting next to an outdoor fireplace was just perfect. This made up for everything. i didn't want to leave!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
We love that you love it...I always say there is nothing better than sitting on the Fuego patio, enjoying the view, the music and lunch or a yummy margarita. We hope to see you back with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful place but employees not so nice. The way some of the employees made me feel made want a refund.

• Stayed February 2012
So glad you loved the hotel was please contact me directly at kristi.allen@hilton.com. Anything less than impeccable service is not tolerated and I would like to follow up immediately. Thank you.
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

The water view is awesome, taking in the Queen Mary and Long Beach skyline. Comfortable outdoor seating for restaurant and bar service is available. The walking/biking trail, tennis court, and sand volleyball court are in good shape in addition to the pool. The restaurant is very good, but very pricey. Only drawback is the condition of the carpet in the room makes it look shabby.

Room Tip: Choose the water side rooms for the view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Thank you...we are glad you enjoyed it. We are right in the middle of deep cleaning our carpets and trying to come up with an alternative flooring solution. Since we are on the water and resort style, people always leave their doors open and are coming in and out from the pool or paddleboarding thus causing great wear and tear on the carpets. We hope to see you back soon!
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Very Nice Hotel. Great location for CCL guest to stay. Stay away from building number 4.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thanks for the great comments and glad you liked it. Building four can get loud as it is next to the pool area though many guests love it just for that reason. Hope to see you soon!
Burlington, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Me and my wife recently spent 4 nights at the Hotel Maya for our 5 wedding anniversary. The room was very big and the decor unique, also the bed was very comfortable and the view of the harbor couldn't be beat. I would definitely stay their again.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the Harbor view it is worth it.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Happy Anniversary...glad you were able to enjoy it with us here at Hotel Maya!
West US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I spent just one night here on a business trip. I checked in late at night, after driving from San Diego. I'm not sure it's an ideal property for a business traveler like me, but I did find it an interesting place to stay. The rooms have been creatively redone with unique touches, whimsical surprises here and there. I actually think the renovation from its previous life as the Coast Hotel Long Beach is quite impressive. The Hotel Maya sits along the Long Beach Harbor waterfront which was less industrial than I expected. I took a walk along the water in the morning before checking out and saw the Queen Mary near-by. There were a few fisherman, too. It was a quiet and pleasant walk. I might return when I'm on vacation and my family could spend some time at some of the near-by attractions. But, as a business traveler, I thought the location was too far off of the freeway and the walk from the parking lot to the lobby was long. In addition, the property is comprised of several buildings with outdoor walkways. So, I walked a bit with my luggage before finding my building. But, again, once you're inside your room, you could be happily surprised. I appreciated the good rate, too!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
I am glad you got to enjoy a little bit of the relaxing atmosphere with your morning walk despite your work schedule. Many of our frequent business travelers say they love staying here for exactly that reason...they feel like they are on vacation at the end of a long work day. We look forward to your return leisure trip with your family.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

From the time that I arrived to the time I departed, I was treated very well. When I came to the Lobby, it was amazing that the staff remembers who you are. I was also fortunate because on one evening CSI Miami was filming at the Hotel. With this disruption it was still business as usual. In fact, I was able to meet the entire cast of the show except for one person as well as quite a few people who support the show from behind the scenes. We were given announcements in our room to have us come down to the set and watch the filming as well. As hotel guest, it was amazing that even though hollywood stars were at the Hotel, we were treated and welcomed as if we were part of the Hollywood scene. I would recommend this hotel to all my Friends. The type of experience that I received here shows why I stay made it to a Diamond Status with Hilton. I will keep coming back.

Room Tip: I was given a nice room with a view of the bay and the Queen Mary.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
How fun! CSI Miami and several other Miami shows like the finder and Dexter have filmed here and ocntinue to as we have a miami tropical resort feel. The crews and cast are great so it is not surprising that they invited you to the set. We try our best to avoid disruption to our guests during this filming so I am also glad you noticed that. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thanks for being a loyal Hilton customer!

Been to Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!