“Beautiful Location!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Calgary, Canada
“Beautiful Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

First things first - beautiful location! Right on Ocean Blvd, and if you're on the right side of the building and high enough up, you can get a really nice view of the Harbour.

We checked in early and our room wasn't ready - which was actually perfectly fine with us as we wanted to tour around LA anyways. When we checked in, we were chatting with the girl at the counter about how it was our anniversary and we planned this trip as a little get away for just us, and she just sort of shrugged it off saying 'that's nice'. A little odd, as I expected a bit more out of the Westin. We had to ask for a nicer room (we just wanted a subpar view more than anything as we aren't that hard to please). The bell desk men were very friendly though, even if their uniforms were a bit dirty and ratted.

When we came back to the hotel later that night, we were able to get our luggage very quickly and get straight up to the room, which we appreciated as we were exhausted. Once we got up there, we saw we had a room almost at the top and over looking the harbour.. Very very nice view! The room was clean, and spacious. Love those heavenly beds too! Also nice advantage, the internet is free during the summer. Perfect!

We didn't get the chance to spend a ton of time in the hotel for our 2 night stay, but overall we were happy with it. If we come back to Long Beach, I think we would stay here again, for sure. Nice hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view! They were really good with accommodating us. Also in the summer, be sure...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comment and for letting us know about your special holiday! Although you are pleased with your stay, know that we are taking your comment to the proper departments so that they may be able to remind our staff that small details such as their uniform do matter! Again, thank you and do visit soon! Be well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Grat location, very close to the beach area, restaurants. Staff was very polite, great comfortable and cclwan rooms.
Hotel was little bit noisy, had rough night with screaming from room next to ours, but front desk sent security and it was better after second call.
Note: there is separate charge for self parking,

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Here at the Westin Long Beach we strive daily to provide a great stay. We also take pride in being centrally located among world class attractions such as The Aquarium of the Pacific and the famed Pine Avenue. Thank you for your stay and come back soon!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The Westin brand rarely fails to meet my lofty expectations and the Westin Long Beach was no exception. This is a contemporary, business-friendly hotel conveniently located across the street from the Convention Center. However, I did stay on the top floor (although in a standard room) so my opinion might be slightly skewed. Nevertheless, the room was spacious and the carpet was very clean. And this is no easy task given its proximity to the ocean. The bed was extremely comfortable and the appliances were well-kept. The bathroom had its signature Heavenly dual shower head and enough space to move around freely. There's ample underground self-parking in a gated lot underneath the hotel, making it convenient to get in and out.

My only issue was with the gym. This is where you could see the wear-and-tear from the ocean sea salt as the dumbbells and machines were a little rusty. The hotel needs to do a better job with the upkeep of the gym. Also, despite its convenient location across from the Convention Center, it is a tad far away from the beach. Definitely walkable, but will take you at least 10 minutes.

With all things considered, this is a solid hotel that exemplifies the classy Westin brand. I highly recommend this hotel if you are ever in Long Beach (which is a very underrated city by the way!)

Room Tip: When they give you a "pool view", these rooms actually face north and away from the ocean...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Very glad to know you enjoyed your time with us. We truly appreciate your comment as it helps us to resolve certain issues if not to encourage our already hardworking team. Do visit us again soon!
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I recently stayed at The Westin Long Beach - and to be safe I locked my passport in the "in room" safe. In my rush to check out and get to my flight at LAX, I forgot my passport in the safe. I realized this when I got to LAX. I called the hotel and was put through to House Keeping. I explained the situation and was told that they would send someone to the room right away, and I was put on hold. In under 2 minutes they were back on the phone stating that they had my passport. I was then transferred to the concierge to whom I asked if there was any way to get my passport to me at LAX. She again put me on hold for under 1 minute and came back with the solution of sending it to me in a Town Car service.
The end result was that I had my passport in under 30 minutes - and I made my flight home.
I can not thank them enough for the effort they put forth to get me my passport.

Room Tip: The ocean view is great.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your stay! Do come back soon so that we may be able to continue providing you with the best stay possible. Safe travels!
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Conveniently located 5 minutes walk from the convention center! Great for business trips!

You have everything you need in your room including Starbucks coffee with creams and bathrobe! The room has a cooler as well - not a fridge which is a bummer. 2 complimentary water bottles a day and free internet!
You can also rent workout clothes for $5 a day if needed.

No breakfast is included, $21 for buffet. We just went to Starbucks which is 2 blocks away. Parking is usually extra $18 for self park, $21 for valet - for some reason we didn't get charged this time :) not sure if that is a new thing they are doing or they were just feeling nice this time!

Overall great experience, nice people at the front desk, great housekeeping, very clean!

The only negative experience was that we couldn't get a room until 5.45pm while check in starts at 3pm. We arrived at the hotel at about 3.30pm but we had to wait for over an hour to get the room... That was very inconvenient. They have a late check out for platinum guests, so be aware you might have to wait!

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for choosing the Westin Long Beach for your stay. Please know that we are looking into guest rooms that need a refresh in certain amenities such as the refrigerator. Also, do accept our apologies for the long wait. We strive daily to ensure that circumstances such as these do not occur. Be well and safe travels.
Thousand Oaks, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I'm hoping this Westin just had an off weekend. i am a lifetime Gold member so i stay at Westin a lot. i come to this one every year for a convention. this time i stayed on the 16th floor. the air conditioning was just not up to the job and it wasn't really hot outside. yet we were always warm.

i had originally booked 4 nights but changed that and told the receptionist the day i checked in that i would be leaving a day early.

when i called down to check out they told me I was staying until the next day. i reiterated that i had told the receptionist that i was leaving early and in fact had told the reception desk again when i asked them to not "turn off my key at noon" as i wanted a 1:30 check out time. apparently neither time did anyone bother to put it on my record. not a big deal to me. however i also asked that they send the final bill to my email.

it is now over 24 hours later and i have yet to receive the final bill. with any other Westin property i get the requested final bill immediately.

none of these issues is life threatening however it does indicate a lessening in the quality of the help. I hope it does not stay that way. (And i hope that i get my final bill sooner or later)>

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are extremely disheartened to read that our service did not meet and exceed your expectations. Please know that we have sent your comment to our front desk team so that they may be able to remind and re-train those who have not been on point. Again thank you and please accept our sincere apologies. We will do our best to remedy this situation so that future guests may be able to enjoy their time fully. Be well.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Had quite a few stays here, and without exception they have all been extremely pleasant ones.

This is an older hotel, but it really is perfectly maintained and the rooms are immaculately clean and comfortable. It always seems to be very busy, and they appear to get a lot of business from the nearby convention centre, but the staff are efficient and there are never long lines to reach the reception desk.

All staff are cheerfully responsive to anything you may ask of them at other times.

Hotel gym is good (not that I use it much despite best intentions!) and it leads to the outdoor pool area where poolside service is available. There is a (very!) hot whirlpool spa, and the pool itself gets a bit busy but is a reasonable size.

Walking distance to a massive selection of superb restaurants and bars, something to suit absolutely everyone with no transport needed. Particularly pleasant to enjoy a stroll to the nearby shoreline village for dinner or a cocktail at sunset. It's a lovely setting there.

The hotel has a courtyard type area at the side entrance, where there is an excellent deli providing light meals and snacks. This is particularly good at breakfast.. Seating is available outside it if you don't want to return to your room.

Soda machines are situated on all floors and always fully stocked. I avoid the hotel gift shop, it's very expensive for everything, and there is a Walgreens, etc very close by for anything you may have forgotten.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
We appreciate your review. We know it will help other guests in making the decision to stay with us. Do visit us again soon. Until the safe travels and be well!

Been to The Westin Long Beach? Share your experiences!