“Wonderful surprise - classy Westin experience” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #10 of 58 hotels in Long Beach
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful surprise - classy Westin experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Westin brand rarely fails to meet my lofty expectations and the Westin Long Beach was no exception. This is a contemporary, business-friendly hotel conveniently located across the street from the Convention Center. However, I did stay on the top floor (although in a standard room) so my opinion might be slightly skewed. Nevertheless, the room was spacious and the carpet was very clean. And this is no easy task given its proximity to the ocean. The bed was extremely comfortable and the appliances were well-kept. The bathroom had its signature Heavenly dual shower head and enough space to move around freely. There's ample underground self-parking in a gated lot underneath the hotel, making it convenient to get in and out.

My only issue was with the gym. This is where you could see the wear-and-tear from the ocean sea salt as the dumbbells and machines were a little rusty. The hotel needs to do a better job with the upkeep of the gym. Also, despite its convenient location across from the Convention Center, it is a tad far away from the beach. Definitely walkable, but will take you at least 10 minutes.

With all things considered, this is a solid hotel that exemplifies the classy Westin brand. I highly recommend this hotel if you are ever in Long Beach (which is a very underrated city by the way!)

Room Tip: When they give you a "pool view", these rooms actually face north and away from the ocean...

628 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I recently stayed at The Westin Long Beach - and to be safe I locked my passport in the "in room" safe. In my rush to check out and get to my flight at LAX, I forgot my passport in the safe. I realized this when I got to LAX. I called the hotel and was put through to House Keeping. I explained the situation and was told that they would send someone to the room right away, and I was put on hold. In under 2 minutes they were back on the phone stating that they had my passport. I was then transferred to the concierge to whom I asked if there was any way to get my passport to me at LAX. She again put me on hold for under 1 minute and came back with the solution of sending it to me in a Town Car service.
The end result was that I had my passport in under 30 minutes - and I made my flight home.
I can not thank them enough for the effort they put forth to get me my passport.

Room Tip: The ocean view is great.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Conveniently located 5 minutes walk from the convention center! Great for business trips!

You have everything you need in your room including Starbucks coffee with creams and bathrobe! The room has a cooler as well - not a fridge which is a bummer. 2 complimentary water bottles a day and free internet!
You can also rent workout clothes for $5 a day if needed.

No breakfast is included, $21 for buffet. We just went to Starbucks which is 2 blocks away. Parking is usually extra $18 for self park, $21 for valet - for some reason we didn't get charged this time :) not sure if that is a new thing they are doing or they were just feeling nice this time!

Overall great experience, nice people at the front desk, great housekeeping, very clean!

The only negative experience was that we couldn't get a room until 5.45pm while check in starts at 3pm. We arrived at the hotel at about 3.30pm but we had to wait for over an hour to get the room... That was very inconvenient. They have a late check out for platinum guests, so be aware you might have to wait!

Stayed July 2014
Thousand Oaks, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'm hoping this Westin just had an off weekend. i am a lifetime Gold member so i stay at Westin a lot. i come to this one every year for a convention. this time i stayed on the 16th floor. the air conditioning was just not up to the job and it wasn't really hot outside. yet we were always warm.

i had originally booked 4 nights but changed that and told the receptionist the day i checked in that i would be leaving a day early.

when i called down to check out they told me I was staying until the next day. i reiterated that i had told the receptionist that i was leaving early and in fact had told the reception desk again when i asked them to not "turn off my key at noon" as i wanted a 1:30 check out time. apparently neither time did anyone bother to put it on my record. not a big deal to me. however i also asked that they send the final bill to my email.

it is now over 24 hours later and i have yet to receive the final bill. with any other Westin property i get the requested final bill immediately.

none of these issues is life threatening however it does indicate a lessening in the quality of the help. I hope it does not stay that way. (And i hope that i get my final bill sooner or later)>

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Had quite a few stays here, and without exception they have all been extremely pleasant ones.

This is an older hotel, but it really is perfectly maintained and the rooms are immaculately clean and comfortable. It always seems to be very busy, and they appear to get a lot of business from the nearby convention centre, but the staff are efficient and there are never long lines to reach the reception desk.

All staff are cheerfully responsive to anything you may ask of them at other times.

Hotel gym is good (not that I use it much despite best intentions!) and it leads to the outdoor pool area where poolside service is available. There is a (very!) hot whirlpool spa, and the pool itself gets a bit busy but is a reasonable size.

Walking distance to a massive selection of superb restaurants and bars, something to suit absolutely everyone with no transport needed. Particularly pleasant to enjoy a stroll to the nearby shoreline village for dinner or a cocktail at sunset. It's a lovely setting there.

The hotel has a courtyard type area at the side entrance, where there is an excellent deli providing light meals and snacks. This is particularly good at breakfast.. Seating is available outside it if you don't want to return to your room.

Soda machines are situated on all floors and always fully stocked. I avoid the hotel gift shop, it's very expensive for everything, and there is a Walgreens, etc very close by for anything you may have forgotten.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We appreciate your review. We know it will help other guests in making the decision to stay with us. Do visit us again soon. Until the safe travels and be well!
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This month I will of stayed at the Westin Long Beach 20 days alone by the end of July. I'm always greeted when I walk through the doors by the same friendly faces with a warm welcome. The check in experience is always pleasant and the rooms are always presented to a high standard, Some even have gym equipment inside. I like the SPG make a green choice as it shows this hotels commitment to the environment. Pool area is good could do with a little TLC but on the main part is good. Looking forward to my usual warm welcome Saturday.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Everyday we strive to make our guests feel at home! We are thrilled that you found our property to be the respite you were looking for. Do come back soon!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at the Westin Long Beach this week. It is an older hotel that needs a bit of updating in the rooms. But the customer service is outstanding. Great front desk staff! Extra Starwood Points for loyalty during the month of July. Nice perk! Great stay for business.

Stayed July 2014
We appreciate your review! We are glad to know that you enjoyed every bit of your stay/. We are looking into various options in updating our facilities. We hope there is a future stay in line so that we may be able to provide you with an even better stay. Be well!

Been to The Westin Long Beach? Share your experiences!