“You must ask for Jose Z at the restaurant! Fabulous service!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #12 of 57 Hotels in Long Beach
Franklin, Tennessee
“You must ask for Jose Z at the restaurant! Fabulous service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at the Westin. You must ask for Jose Z at the restaurant. Top notch service!
Beautiful property! Fantastic location and very convenient to the convention center and many restaurants.
Really enjoyed my stay. We will be back.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for pointing out one of our stellar team members! Our main goal is to have you leaving us feeling even better than when you arrived - and we are delighted to know we did just that. Until the next time, happy travels!

Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Great server Jose Z! The restaurant was full and service was slow Until Jose Z took over our table. He was a delight. Very attentive and efficient! Jose saved the morning for us. We left happy instead of frustrated.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is a very upscale full service hotel which you would expect from the Westin brand. Everything was typical but done very nicely. I've stayed here before on business and would do it again anytime. Asa SPG member I've come accustomed to this better than average type of facility, but it is always nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
What a wonderful review. Thank you for staying with us. We are truly humbled by your patronage. Until we meet again, safe travels!
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I love this place. For a strictly-business trip, it has everything you'd want. Comfortable beds, nice showers, friendly/accomodating staff, and a restaurant/bar with excellent service. My boss was the first to tip me and some co-workers off to the Westin, and at first we were a bit skeptical of the value. After negotiating for a competitive corporate rate, it's now our hotel of choice (Sorry Hilton). Raul in the bar takes great care of us after a long day at work - he's really one of the best hotel staff I've met! He knows how to really take care of the guests. We know that when we stay here, we can relax while also debriefing on some of the big work issues of the day. The valets are very friendly, and you can trust them with your vehicle, or choose to self-park if you're so inclined. It's proximity to restaurants and bars make it ideal for those who want to venture out and try some local faire - it's much safer than I'm used to in San Francisco, where the threat of deranged people approaching you on the street would make you want to stay inside. One drawback to staying here is the lack of free wifi, but with the points I'm racking up on my regular business trips to Long Beach, it should be a non-issue soon. The only other issue I've had was a chair in one of the rooms (812 or 814 I think? It was one of the handicapped rooms) was stuck in the lowered position, and I couldn't adjust it to comfortably do any work in the evening.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the thorough review. We are glad to know our staff was able to provide you with a lasting impression. It is our hope that we become your home away from home. Also please accept our apologies for our WIFI fees. We have done extensive research and found that our fees are in line with other hotels. Although it is a little bit more effort we do offer complimentary WIFI in our lobby area. We certainly look forward to your future stay with us so that we may continue to delight you.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Has been there for 3 night on September 2013. Hotel is old, the room was renovation, but some towels steel old. The flat screen TV is too small for that room. The fitnes club is too small too.
General, it is good business hotel, but not for family vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
We appreciate your stay! Please know that we are currently reviewing our guest room offerings and workout amenities so that we may be able to better enhance our future guest's stay. Thank you and be well.
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The hotel was very nice on the outside. I checked into my room and found that they do not come with a refrigerator or a microwave. This is an older dated hotel and the remodeling was not very good. The bed was and sleep comfort was not very good.The fitness center and the pool are amazing. They have one restaurant and the food was way below average and the price was sky high. I think that I even got sick from the food.There is no free Wi-Fi in your rooms and they wanted $15.00 for 24 hours. I am a business traveler and this is a very expensive hotel that fails to deliver for the money.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Please accept our apologies regarding your stay. Although you were pleased with some aspects of our property - we are disheartened to hear that we did not meet and exceed your expectations. Please know that we are currently reviewing our guest room offerings and making proper adjustments so that future guests many completely enjoy their stay. Safe travels.
Madison, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have to qualify my comments, noting that I arrived many, many hours late having flown into LAX the day of the shooting. I was tired and cranky, but the efficiency and concern from the staff took the edge off. Maybe I was just happy to be at my destination safely with anytime access to food and bathrooms.

Being trapped on an airplane for hours, I had not had food to speak of all day. The bar was crowded and very loud and the dining area was already closed. But the waitress in the bar happily took a to go order and let me sit in the quiet dining room area while I waited. I had a lovely picnic in the room with a nice glass of wine. The room had a funky smell. Calling down, the desk immediately offered for me to change rooms. I had already unpacked, so they offered to spray the room with Febreeze and brought a box fan to get some air movement. And they came within 15 minutes, not in half a day like at so many other hotels. The workout room was well equipped, the pool was small but clean and heated. I swam circles rather than laps. Another special request, my colleague was coming in the second day. I asked the front desk if they could put a note on her reservation if she could be put in a room on the same floor and close by. Which they did with a smile. And the next day, I happily found my colleague was given the room next door. The housekeeping staff kept the coffee stocked and provided a free bottle of water in the room each day. There was a card in the room - placed with the breakfast room service card - for choosing green (keeping the same towels and sheets during your stay). This was the first hotel ever that left my towels hanging for reuse. Lots of hotels say they do, but you find new towels every day. The hall noise wasn't too bad (i.e. doors slamming closed wasnt too loud), but voices echoed though. So every time chatting folks walked down the hall, you could hear their entire conversation. If you are sensitive to this type of noise while you sleep, bring ear plugs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the oceanside. Eventhough I was 12 floors up, I heard the waste management compan...