“Great value, great restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael's on Naples is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 963 restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ravenna and Campo
Los Angeles
“Great value, great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed the Chef's tasting menu with wine pairings very much. We have been fortunate enough to enjoy Chef's tasting menus from Picasso and Joel Robuchon in Las Vegas to Providence in LA to Gary Danko and Quince in SF to name a few so this was not something new to us. The price for 5 courses with wine pairings is a very reasonable $99. This is a great value for the quality of the food and drinks. In all fairness, it is unreasonable to compare a $500. tasting menu with a $200. tasting menu but Michael's does hold it's own with the better known spots for sure.

We wanted to eat upstairs but an injury prevented me from climbing stairs. Downstairs was a little bit noisy. Service was very good. Pace of the meal was perfect. The dishes complemented each other and the pairings were very good.

Though I am not in Long Beach frequently, I will look forward to coming back to Micahel's to sample more of their menu and the to die for Almond cake.

• Visited November 2013

86% Recommend
Huntington Beach, CA
“Pizza like you would find in Naples, Naples Italy that is”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The Pizza location was recently voted the best pizza joint in the nation according to Zagat rankings. I saw this and I had to see for myself. They open at 12:00 and there were people waiting outside at about 11:30, I think everyone wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I went with a friend and we decided to split a few things rather than just get our own Item. We ordered the Prosciutto and Melon salad, Lasagna, and a sausage pizza with Arugula. The salad was very good and came lightly drizzled with a Balsamic reduction around the rim of the plate. The lasagna was good but not amazing. It is served in a small cast iron pan and is heated in the wood burning pizza oven. The top of my lasagna was badly burned but It didn't bther me at all. The pizza is a neapolitan pizza and was topped with there homemade sausage and homemade mozzarella cheese. it is a no frills pizza but it was excellent. the crust was thin and crispy, and the sausage had great flavor.

This is not your typical pizza place where your kids would want to eat due to the fact that the pizza is nothinng like a standard american pizza. If you like Neapolitan pizza then this is the place for you. The service is good but it is probably not a place to go if you are crunched for time. If you have time to enjoy a glass of wine and some god food then you can't go wrong

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Powell, Ohio
“A Quiet Pizza Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was the end of the day pizza and it turned out just fine. The style of pizza served was Napoli style and it came to us very hot. We had an appetizer to start instead of salad and it was very small and a bit over priced but the pizza was excellent.

Visited August 2013
Lyon, France
“Excellent Italian cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

After a 3 weeks trip in the southwest, we enjoyed an excellent food in this restaurant. Wine was delicious, pizette was cooked with good quality product and cheese. I've chosen the Mushroom ravioli, that' was fabulous. The heated roof terrace have a beautiful outside view and a very cosy lounge.

• Visited August 2013
SoCal
“Michael's Roof top Dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was our second visit to Michael's on Naples, first time upstairs on the roof. Food was incredibly good, service was excellent. Starting with a Pizzette (Artichoke and goat cheese), followed by the heirloom tomato and burrata cheese were a filling and delicious beginning. My wife' thoroughly enjoyed the Chilean Sea Bass (filleted and head/tail removed). My pan seared Ahi Tuna was one of the best plates I have had so far. The ambiance was iffy. There is too much street noise for a comfortable conversation, so everyone around you are speaking louder to be heard at their table, and your table as well. The music wasn't appropriate for dining, bar surfing and dancing yes, dining no. And having a speaker directly over the table didn't help. Air circulation was poor, resulting in a stiff environment. Next time we will dine below, inside.

• Visited August 2013