“Not bad at all” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Phoenix, Arizona
“Not bad at all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

When we arrived after 11pm the lobby was flooded with water because it was being cleaned. I had reserved a second floor room but was placed on the first floor. Staff were nice and friendly. When we got in our first room the a/c did not work we were immediately moved to another room on the second floor

Room Tip: Breakfast was not enjoyable they ran out of pancake batter you must go very early to get food or you...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
RILB_GM, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Long Beach, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Hello, Ingine!

Thank you so much for chosing the Residence Inn Long Beach! I'm glad our staff was able to rectify that pesky room's AC issue. And excellent tip on breakfast! Summertime is an extremely busy time of the year for our kitchen. I presonally recommend all my guests come by early and take advantage of the ample seating and food options early in the morning.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Guest Care Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was our first trip to California. Marriott Inn was a beautiful place to stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool area clean. The jacuzzi wasgreat and the temperature was hot, not just warm like so many places. The breakfasts were excellent. The room was more a condo with a full service kitchen. The only advice l would give is if you have problems walking ask for the first floor. They have no elevators.
I highly recommend them!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
RILB_GM, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Long Beach, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hello, Leslie!

We're glad you enjoyed your stay! I think our pool and hot tub are great places to hang out in this heat and I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our amenities.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in California!

Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with grown up children on a family vacation.
Check-in was quick & staff was very professional. Lots of free parking, which was almost full.
Our suite was on the first floor (rear) which involved a little lugging around of suitcases etc
Living space for 4 & bathrooms were clean, kitchenette was adequately stocked.
2 bathrooms made it convenient for us to start our day quicker.
Breakfast spread was generous, although, the hotel being nearly full, the crowd was more than the facilities could handle. Perhaps this was why staff seemed quite tolerant of guests wishing to stack their plates and take them back to their rooms.
Long Beach marina & Long Beach airport are quite close. The place gets quite deserted after sundown, and other than a Subway in the vicinity, dining out options appear limited.

Most local sights-Universal Studios, Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood Blvd etc are a drive of nearly 25-30 miles, and traffic can be surprisingly dense.

Nevertheless, we enjoyed our stay here and found it to be good value for money.

Room Tip: It is a quiet part of town; perhaps rooms further away from Receptiion may be quieter still
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hello, Trips56!

Thank you for such an informative review! Residence Inn Long Beach is in full summertime swing and when the hotel is busy, so is the Gatehouse where we serve our breakfast and Social hour. During the summer season we strongly recommend our guests stop by early to take advantage of our meals. Although the parking lot gets pretty tight, we hardly ever run out of space. If there are any difficulties in finding space, our Front Desk staff is more than happy to assist with parking.

Trips56, we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

From Here to There
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Very well-kept property. The front desk staff was friendly and professional. The food in the gatehouse was slightly above average for RI fare...although I do think the scaling back of complimentary food from four nights a week to three, (in many RI's nationwide) is a bit too frugal. On a similar note, the "Market" was entirely too small, with a poor variety.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hello, DB!

I love your username, although it made my housekeepers nervous!
I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Residence Inns are now working together to standardize the Social Hour menus and offerings to create an experience for our guests. Keep an eye out for a revamped menu later this year!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

My mother came to visit and she insisted that she stay somewhere that she would not only be comfortable and local, but with service above the rest, and this place exceeded all of her expectations! From the time she checked in she was assisted by Scotty who was amazing! She had a difficult reservation, with changes that needed to be made and he was able to do so with a smile on his face, and a sincere attitude in accomodating what she needed. Her stay was 11 days and within that time she was also assisted by a woman by the name of Melissa. Melissa worked some AM and always met her request with a sense of urgency. These two were the names she remembered, but overall from the Front Desk, to the Housekeeping, to the Engineers, We would like to send a HUGE THANK YOU from our family to yours. Marriott continues to impress myself as well as my family as you all continue to make our stays within your properties amazing! It is not a surprise, as we are faithful Marriott Members, but a definite Kudos, and keep up the amazing work is definetly granted!!! If you are coming to Southern California, and flying in to Long Beach, this is a no brainer! Close to the 405, less than 5 mins from the Long Beach Airport with shuttle available.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
RILB_GM, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Long Beach, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Hello, Manique!
I'm thrilled that Scotty, Melissa and our maintenance staff provided your mother with a memorable stay! Our knowledgeable and friendly staff are truly our greatest asset. I'll make sure to pass along your kind remarks to them.

Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is a great place to stop for the night if you are heading in either direction on the Pacific Coast Highway. The buildings look like small condos and would be great for a longer stay. We had a fireplace in the living room, a desk/work space, full kitchen, a king size bed and huge bathroom with plenty of vanity space. Everything was sparkling clean, the linens were immaculate . WiFi was fast and free. A big hot breakfast of eggs, sausages, fresh waffles, fried potatoes, cereal, toast, muffins, coffee, juice and soft drinks were available and included in the price of this room There is also a patio area with a large BBQ grill, fire pit and lounge chairs. Check-in was fast and friendly. The Residence Inn is about eight miles from The Queen Mary Ocean Liner and Museum.

Room Tip: Great place to spend the night while driving the Pacific Coast Highway to avoid Los Angeles Traffic.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
RILB_GM, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Long Beach, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Hello, Sailorsgirl!

Thanks for the thorough review on our property! Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Glen Burnie, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

This was my first time staying at a Residence Inn. My experience was wonderful! The room was clean, spacious, and very well situated for the person that enjoys having their meals in.

For me, this was especially convenient because I was traveling on business and it was a 3 hour time difference for me. So I was pretty beat by the end of my work days. I enjoyed the fact that I had a full sized refrigerator to stock my groceries in and a full sized stove and microwave to prepare my meals if I felt up to it. Convenience like this goes a long way.

But even better was the evening reception that was held Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I didn't even need to prepare anything those days as complimentary food and beverages were provided.

The staff was extremely polite and helpful. I would definitely stay here again. Only down side I could think of is that the nearest grocery store is not within walking distance, it's up the road.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
RILB_GM, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Long Beach, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Hello, Shantel!
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us! We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed your room. Our Social Hour is a great opportunity to unwind after a hectic day at work and enjoy light refreshments with your neighbors. I hope you visit us soon! We have some great nights planned for the summer months.

Guest Care Supervisor

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Long Beach? Share your experiences!