“Great accomodations in a convenient location!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #19 of 58 hotels in Long Beach
“Great accomodations in a convenient location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My friend and I stayed here recently and got a two-level, two-bedroom suite. We each had our own bedroom (with a desk) and bathroom on separate levels. It was like staying in an apartment...very spacious and comfortable. This hotel offers a full breakfast, along with dinner Tuesday-Thursday evenings. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. There is a nice outdoor patio area with a fire-pit and barbeque for guests to use. The location is just off the I-405, so centrally located and very convenient to both Orange County and LA. The only negative was that we were missing a hair dryer and I called the front desk to request a second one. I was promised one, but it never showed up.

Room Tip: If you're staying with a friend, get a two-bedroom suite vs. two separate rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed while in town for a conference. The room was kind of small and had a musty oder, as if at one time there was a water leak. The mattress was actually very comfortable, our room was right next to the street and there was constant road noise all night long. The breakfast seemed to be very popular, I didn't eat it personally but there was a long line every morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

This place is awesome. It's clean, quiet, near LGB and you can stay with the family here. We've stayed here many times; never any complaints.

Ok my review has to be at least two hundred characters. This place is awesome awesome awesome!

Bj

• Stayed August 2013
Elk Grove, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Made a same day reservation. We drove from Torrence to Long Beach in horrible traffic only to find out that the room they reserved for us did not exist. They offered to put us up in a room in Torrence, where we just came from, for the same price of $225. When we initially made the reservation, they requested my husband's email address, but they did not give us the courtesy of an email when they discovered they had booked us a non existent room. Instead, they called our home phone which was a joke since we were on vacation and not anywhere near our home! We obviously did not want to drive back to Torrence so we attempted to find another room in the area. Everything was booked except Motel 6 in another city. Being long time customers of Marriott, we were very disappointed with the customer service we received.

Room Tip: Ensure you indeed have a room when booking with this particular property.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RILB_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Long Beach, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Allow me to personally apologize for the issues you encountered at check-in. Kindly contact us at the hotel so that we can discuss your issues further. You can reach my Guest Care Supervisor at 562-753-0902 or via email at eric.torrez@marriott.com
South San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We were VERY upset to find that on day 3 of our stay (Sunday to Saturday), we were subjected to an unannounced parking lot construction. They told me about the "work" which was going to be done, but they called it resurfacing, which I thought they were simply going to re-tar the surface like they do on the East Coast. NOPE, she meant DIGGING UP THE WHOLE PARKING LOT! On Thursday, they were starting construction machines at 7am in front of our building, as indicated by the other lady who stayed here the same week as us (I assume).

On the other hand, we arrived very early and found that the welcome was very good and we were accommodated in the morning for our “early arrival” into room 2621.

There were instantly problems with the accommodations even before the construction problems. The first issue was that we were not provided a crib and extra towels as requested in my reservation. Even if we were not in the room planned for us, I would expect them to automatically complete the reservation (needed a crib) and provide what I had requested weeks ago electronically in the reservation through the Marriott website; all they had to do was proactively bring the stuff up now that they knew I was there.

The second problem with our accommodation was the curtain in the room was coming apart at the bottom. Meaning, there was a loose “string” hanging out of bottom hem of the sheer curtain. This is a big deal issue, as we had a 15 month old baby with us who could have gotten into trouble had he wrapped the string around his neck. We had to monitor him anytime he was on the floor to make sure he wasn’t going near the string to play with it.

A third and last problem, which I hope helps the hotel by bringing it to their attention; while at the pool on our last day, I saw a child simply pull the bar away from the fence to simply walk into the pool area without an adult. The pool is not secured in any way, shape, or form, which is a serious liability if someone were to drown as a result of sneaking in without parental supervision. There are many parts of the fence were the welds are simply not there and you can either sneak your hand in to open the gate using the handle from the inside, or simply walking through the fence if you are a small kid. Please have this fixed ASAP to prevent any child drowning due to easy access.

ON TO THE POSITIVES!!! THE FREE MEALS!! Don't get me wrong, I'm a silver lining kind of person, but they really did make our business/vacation stay not as good as it could have been with the little things, HOWEVER, free full breakfast every day is nice. Then, on Tuesday - Thursday, they have a "happy" hour with free Bud Light and 3 types of wine. The food served isn't happy hour food, IT'S REAL DINNER! Essentially, if you're traveling with a family, you'll save money, even though this place cost a little extra, because you won't spend tons feeding the kids since food is provided here! Oh yeah, the staff here is AMAZING and feel like personal maids/cooks during the meal times.

Another positive, is the pool, unsecured as it is, is clean and nice enough to go in. Go take a dip, relax, and use the pool towels provided.

Lastly, this place really is in a good location, only 15 minutes to downtown Long Beach, and right up the road from the airport.

Enjoy your stay now that all the construction is done!

Room Tip: Go for a second floor stay for safety and quietness. New parking lot after June 2013!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

It was a ok hotel but the thing that made me give it a bad mark is when we left I had forgotten a item in the room. I called them and they said to call back then I got the run around on who to talk too. We wrote a letter too Marriott and they sent the complaint on to the hotel. A week later we received a email saying the item that we left in the hotel in August was not there. Funny sense we stayed in the hotel in June. Obviously they did not care and wanted to not be bothered with helping us find the item. I am sure the maid is enjoying it as I type this. Beware if you leave anything. You will never get it back and you will be dismissed because they don't care about helping their customers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

My low rating is based solely on price. I have stayed at this hotel several times a year for the past 10+ years and typically paid $130-150 per night. This stay, priced at $180 per night will be my last for a number of reasons: 1) the room and property is not worth $180 per night...currently listed on tripadvisor as the highest price room in the Long Beach area, 2) the parking lot is being repaired and as a result there is very limited parking and an unacceptable level of noise that began early (8am?) in the morning, 2) the assistant manager refused my request for a discounted rate for inconvenience during repairs.

On the plus side, the service staff is, and has always been, very friendly and competent....especially during the very busy breakfast service. And, the property is well located near freeway, beaches and business areas.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Long Beach? Share your experiences!