“Convenient large rooms 1 min from the airport” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #22 of 57 hotels in Long Beach
Seattle, WA
“Convenient large rooms 1 min from the airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed there to catch an early morning flight out of Long Beach Airport. Super convenient for access to the airport. Not particularly cheap however.
The hotel is right by the freeway, but units must be fairly well soundproofed as we did not hear the traffic noise.
We had a loft studio with two queen beds, good for our family of 4. Furniture is pretty cheap (but you get 3 flat screen TVs (!)), and bedding was low quality (soft/old?). The unit smelled "old" when you got in, but it did not bother us after a few minutes inside.
Nothing much around the hotel, but a 5-10 min drive will take you to various restaurants and malls. The front office has a 24/7 mini convenience store for last minute soft drinks, beer, wine, or munchies.
Very convenient for catching that early flight. But if the airport is not your target I would look for something elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on Feb 20 & 21 this year. The staff at the hotel is unbelievable! Great, personable service. Andrew (FD Supervisor) went above the norm to do a great job. I had the feeling he did it for everyone.

The breakfast foods were a 7 out of 10. Some of the dishes were a little dry, but overall I was satisfied with the meal. Free beer and wine in the evening was a hit. Evening meal would be great for kids but it was about a 5 for us.

The property is a little older, but they keep the appliances and media up-to-date. The common areas were well maintained and well lit. Everything in the rooms worked as expected and the suite was quite. I give it an 8.5 of 10

If I go back to LB, I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: The suites have triple the room and only a slightly higher price.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Needed to stay in Long Beach for a convention but booked late so this is where we ended up. Our room was a handicap room which was roomy (which I didnt book). We were on the bottom floor and had noisey people over us with lots of walking, stomping etc. Hair dryer was broken but housekeeping got one to us right away. Room was very clean. Breakfast was a disappointment. No OJ! I'm in CA !! Very tight eating area. Food was so-so. Expected more from RI. Alittle pricey for location.

• Stayed January 2013
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed for one night in a king suite on January 12th, 2013. We were in Long Beach for a cheerleading competition and stayed at the Residence Inn as part of a group block, Our organization tends to always stay with the Marriott and I love that they do. I normally have my husband, daughter, and two sons with us but this time it was just my daughter, her friend, and my mom. The rooms are always spacious and clean and the free hot breakfast is always a plus! We ventured out to the pool and hot tub this trip, even though it was freezing outside the heated pool was great for the kids. I have nothing bad to say at all! We had a fantastic stay!! I would love to come back to this hotel with my family when my husband is in the area for work. Please note that they do put a $250 security hold on your card- this was disclosed to me when I booked the room and was on my confirmation email so I was not surprised.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
bakersfield, CA.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Location is good if you want lodging right at the busy 405 fwy's off ramp. My room was located in an interior courtyard and did not hear any fwy. noise. It took 10 minutes to Long Beach and cruise ports. It is centrally located to a variety of theme parks and beach cities. A Spires Coffee Shop is across the street as well as a Holiday Inn and a fuel station. Front desk employees are very kind and helpful.
The room was not up to par comparing it to numerous Res. Inns I have stayed. It felt cramped as soon as I walked in. It appears they have upgraded the kitchen, but your dining table serves as a working desk area and the office chair serves as one of your dining chairs that backs up to the couch. I had maybe 1ft. width to walk from the front door to the bed area. Flat screen sits atop dingy scratched dresser. The bed was very comfortable and vanity/bathroom was fine.
I had quite a light show after lights out and laying in bed. Every 30-45 seconds, green and red detector lights flash as well as a light switch. One detector at the front door, another in the center of the room and one at the head of the bed, all flashing at different intervals. They are small but bright.
The light switch near the foot of the bed flashed red. This went all night long. No big deal to most people, but very annoying to me. Gatehouse is very cramped with a center working island area topped with technical equipment for guests. Gatehouse television is blaringly loud. Very cramped area.
There were only 8 people present when I entered for breakfast. Between the space issue and television, it made more sense to eat in the room!
I am used to nicer, larger R.Inns and would not return. Very disappointing stay on several levels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SOCAL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I checked into room, noticed that the 2 bottles of water that they charge $3.50 each where not in my room. I called front desk within 5 minutes and notified them so I would not be charge, Well of course week later my credit card was charged. I called the hotel and spoke with Rachel and told her to credit my account, of course she could do nothing, and I left a voice with the Manage Eric. I am still waiting for my credit for the water I never had. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. Right next to freeway, very noisy, horrible food, and crappy service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I booked this as a Marriott rewards stay. I selected late check-in as my flight didn't get in until almost midnight. On check-in at 1am, I was told as my card was being run that they were taking a $250 security deposit on it for the one night (less than 12 hours) that I was staying in the room. This was not disclosed on any paperwork before arriving. It is an unreasonable amount for a hotel. The five star properties that I have stayed at are still $75 hold at most. I asked to speak with someone that had more power than the guy at the front desk to which I was told that there would not be a manager on the property for 3 days and there was no customer service number or no one available at 1:30am. The front desk attendant kept repeating himself that it was a policy and that I could pay it or I wasn't getting my room. He would then just go back to work until I would ask more questions. I tried to call Marriott reservations but there was literally no one that could help or make changes to my reservation (aka transfer me to another hotel) at that hour. I was able to go across the street and get a room at another hotel for less than half of the security desposit. I stay in a hotel 365 days a year, and deal with different hotels across the country every week. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Especially the way they treat a Marriott rewards customer.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ResidenceInnLBGM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Long Beach, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. We appreciate all types of feedback as this allows us to learn and improve our product and service. While we do, as we have discussed, have a strict deposit policy, I apologize for your unsatisfactory service at the front desk. I’m sure that was very frustrating at such a late hour. I will certainly provide additional training to the staff so that we can find more effective ways of handling situations such as this one in the future should they arise. Sincerely, Lucas Fiamengo, General Manager

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Long Beach? Share your experiences!