“Can't go wrong with the Marriott” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #19 of 58 hotels in Long Beach
Clovis, California
“Can't go wrong with the Marriott”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed for one night in a king suite on January 12th, 2013. We were in Long Beach for a cheerleading competition and stayed at the Residence Inn as part of a group block, Our organization tends to always stay with the Marriott and I love that they do. I normally have my husband, daughter, and two sons with us but this time it was just my daughter, her friend, and my mom. The rooms are always spacious and clean and the free hot breakfast is always a plus! We ventured out to the pool and hot tub this trip, even though it was freezing outside the heated pool was great for the kids. I have nothing bad to say at all! We had a fantastic stay!! I would love to come back to this hotel with my family when my husband is in the area for work. Please note that they do put a $250 security hold on your card- this was disclosed to me when I booked the room and was on my confirmation email so I was not surprised.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
bakersfield, CA.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Location is good if you want lodging right at the busy 405 fwy's off ramp. My room was located in an interior courtyard and did not hear any fwy. noise. It took 10 minutes to Long Beach and cruise ports. It is centrally located to a variety of theme parks and beach cities. A Spires Coffee Shop is across the street as well as a Holiday Inn and a fuel station. Front desk employees are very kind and helpful.
The room was not up to par comparing it to numerous Res. Inns I have stayed. It felt cramped as soon as I walked in. It appears they have upgraded the kitchen, but your dining table serves as a working desk area and the office chair serves as one of your dining chairs that backs up to the couch. I had maybe 1ft. width to walk from the front door to the bed area. Flat screen sits atop dingy scratched dresser. The bed was very comfortable and vanity/bathroom was fine.
I had quite a light show after lights out and laying in bed. Every 30-45 seconds, green and red detector lights flash as well as a light switch. One detector at the front door, another in the center of the room and one at the head of the bed, all flashing at different intervals. They are small but bright.
The light switch near the foot of the bed flashed red. This went all night long. No big deal to most people, but very annoying to me. Gatehouse is very cramped with a center working island area topped with technical equipment for guests. Gatehouse television is blaringly loud. Very cramped area.
There were only 8 people present when I entered for breakfast. Between the space issue and television, it made more sense to eat in the room!
I am used to nicer, larger R.Inns and would not return. Very disappointing stay on several levels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SOCAL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I checked into room, noticed that the 2 bottles of water that they charge $3.50 each where not in my room. I called front desk within 5 minutes and notified them so I would not be charge, Well of course week later my credit card was charged. I called the hotel and spoke with Rachel and told her to credit my account, of course she could do nothing, and I left a voice with the Manage Eric. I am still waiting for my credit for the water I never had. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. Right next to freeway, very noisy, horrible food, and crappy service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I booked this as a Marriott rewards stay. I selected late check-in as my flight didn't get in until almost midnight. On check-in at 1am, I was told as my card was being run that they were taking a $250 security deposit on it for the one night (less than 12 hours) that I was staying in the room. This was not disclosed on any paperwork before arriving. It is an unreasonable amount for a hotel. The five star properties that I have stayed at are still $75 hold at most. I asked to speak with someone that had more power than the guy at the front desk to which I was told that there would not be a manager on the property for 3 days and there was no customer service number or no one available at 1:30am. The front desk attendant kept repeating himself that it was a policy and that I could pay it or I wasn't getting my room. He would then just go back to work until I would ask more questions. I tried to call Marriott reservations but there was literally no one that could help or make changes to my reservation (aka transfer me to another hotel) at that hour. I was able to go across the street and get a room at another hotel for less than half of the security desposit. I stay in a hotel 365 days a year, and deal with different hotels across the country every week. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Especially the way they treat a Marriott rewards customer.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ResidenceInnLBGM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Long Beach, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. We appreciate all types of feedback as this allows us to learn and improve our product and service. While we do, as we have discussed, have a strict deposit policy, I apologize for your unsatisfactory service at the front desk. I’m sure that was very frustrating at such a late hour. I will certainly provide additional training to the staff so that we can find more effective ways of handling situations such as this one in the future should they arise. Sincerely, Lucas Fiamengo, General Manager
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Nice hotel if you are staying 5+ nights (if not, its a bit pricey). The pool and hot tub is nice as long as its not crowded. Breakfast and dinners were good, but dinners were only served Monday - Wednesday. Wine and beer are included ;-)
The rooms are plenty spacious with three closets! Rooms are up to date and clean with full kitchens.
I did have a bad smell from the garbage disposal, but when I called the front desk, maintenance came up with 10 minutes poured some cleaner down it and it was all good.
Service is good!

Room Tip: Get a first floor room, or you'll be hauling your luggage up the stairs
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Abilene, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed here on business. Very close to the Long Beach airport. Nice evening reception and breakfast. The room was clean and spacious. The TV was placed in the living area, not very convient to watch from the bed. My only complaint was with the bill. I had booked the room at one business rate that was incorrect. When I received my bill, a different rate (the correct one) was applied. When I went to the front desk to ask about the different rate, the staff member was very indignant about the situation. Overall, nice stay, bad customer relations experience.

Room Tip: First floor room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
WHITE PLAINS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed at this residence in for 1 night. I had to wait a while for the front desk to check me in. They were too busy chatting about there evening plans. I was than charged for water that was not in the room. When asked to reverse the charge, they asked for my room number which I did not remember (aftern a week). They than said they needed to inventory their water. REALLY!! It does not appear that they have reversed the charge and I will have to dispute it through my credit card company.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. It did not appear to be in a very good area of Long Beach. Lots of store with ba...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ResidenceInnLBGM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Long Beach, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate all types of feedback and I’m very sorry that your stay was not satisfactory. I apologize for the confusion with the water charges. I will personally investigate this if you can contact me directly with your reservation number. As well, we pride ourselves on customer service and I can assure you the wait time at the front desk was an isolated incident and I’ll be following up with our front desk staff accordingly. If you have any additional comments or concerns I’m happy to speak with you directly. Sincerely, Lucas Fiamengo, General Manager.

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Long Beach? Share your experiences!