“Rude and didn't have my room available upon arrival!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Tower Motel Long Beach to your Saves list
Tower Motel Long Beach
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   421 West Pacific Coast Highway, Long Beach, CA   |
Ranked #31 of 57 Hotels in Long Beach
“Rude and didn't have my room available upon arrival!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Very disguisted! They didn't have a room and sent me to another hotel that was dirty, gross, and not what I expected at all. I was not compensated at all for my inconvenience and it put major damper on my vacation

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Tbadiyo

California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed here 2 weeks while working in Long Beach. Very clean, quite, but limited parking for pickups or larger vehicles. Check in and out very easy. Beds good, sheets clean. Maid service daily, did a good job. The location is not the best part of town. I saw no roaches. The refrigerator was handy as I take my lunch to work. I took my own coffee maker, which was necessary, as one was not supplied. My wife probably would not want to stay here, but for me while working close by, no complaints at all.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NRosenbaum
Los Angeles, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I stayed about 9 days. The first few days were ok until they mentioned 4 days later; that I would have to switch from my nice big room, into a tiny room with Roaches, the room was right next door to the storage towel room!...Other than that; its Great restaurants that’s not even 2 minutes away. The staff service was pretty nice, and they’ll let you put your things in their storage room….the only problems I’ve seen are they have them roaches, I seen one crawling in the bed, I killed it… to bad ‘’there’s no refund’’ and all the other motels in the area were booked, other wise I would have asked for a refund. I Didn’t have anywhere else to go.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Nashville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Hotel was very clean, check in/out was a breeze, management stored my bag for the afternoon after check-out. Neighborhood is poor, but not desperate. I felt very safe, even at night. Lots of delicious, inexpensive resturants nearby; Vietnamese, Mexican (including a nice Hispanic grocery with a pollos al carbon stand on weekends), and others.
I booked a return, Close to the Metro and a pleasant walk to downtown Long Beach and nearby Cambodia Town. You could pay a lot more and get a lot less. I was a solo male traveler (age 52, small town midwestern white guy), but would bring my family (wife and teen daughter) back with me. Again, not a scary or dangerous neighborhood.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank mike b
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

The area sucks. The managers are alright I guess...not to friendly. The room though, was exceptionally clean and rhe bed was nice and high...the wall had mirrors. Check outs a little early. Overall it was good for the price.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank NotDiscombobulated
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Did not read reviews before accepting this motel. Pulled up to this so called 5 out of 5 points motel at 10:00 at night and it looked like the sixteen motel rooms were situated in a brightly light alley behind a motor shop. “Okay self, you did not check things out first so make a go of it”. Went to the room after check-in and turned on the lights to see an eight foot by ten foot room with no closet. It looked nicely decorated with a well decorated bathroom. Okay. Turned around and saw something scampering across the bed. “What is that? A roach! Oh no, I am done.”
I went to management and asked for my money back for the three nights. He asked to see the roach. “Okay”. Of course, by the time we went back to the room the roach was gone. “I don’t see no roach” the manager said .I suppose that I could have killed the roach as evidence of my claim, but I did not come 2000 miles to stomp roaches. His solution? He offered me another room, because they have a NO REFUND policy. “You are kidding? If the room has roaches the property has roaches and I have NO ROACHES where I come from”, I retorted. I just want my money back. Request denied.
BUYER BEWARE. If you insist on this one, try one night at a time. As for me? I don’t sleep with roaches…ever! Money lost lesson learned.

Room Tip: rooms are in an alley.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Techn0geek

Travelers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

West Covina, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Despite the fact that from the outside it looks like something straight out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie, it wasnt too bad for the price.

The room was a good size, everything was clean. There was TV/Cable, free wifi, fridge, microwave and the usual stuff. They even left out 2 bottles of water and a packet of cookies for free. Bathroom and vanity area was nice and clean, with the expected necessities.

Parking is limited, maybe 10-15 spaces. When i came back late at night, i got the last space luckily. Other reviewers have mentioned that its in a dodgy area and whilst that is true, i think if you have a car its no worry. Probably not wise to wander around the area late at night lol.

For the price, it was worth paying for an overnight stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo