“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 Long Beach B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I recently stayed here a couple of days ago. for about 3 nights and four days. At first glance, it might be a turn off but I must say its a whole difference when get to the rooms. The room was very spacious, neat and always had clean towels. There was 2 bottles of water and cups in the room which i liked. I had no problems or whatsoever. Both managers were a great help right from beginning. I took his advice to rent a car instead of trying to take the buses to move around LA and that was way worth it. I was walking around at night with no problems. The bus line is right in front of the motel which takes you right down town Long beach. What sealed the deal for me was that. After my stay, i had forgotten my phone in the room by mistake after trying to leave at 4 am in the morning to catch my flight. I immediately called the motel to try and see if they found it. The manager called me back and he found it. He ended up sending it by overnight delivery and I was able to get my phone back. I was really surprised to still find honest people like him around. In short I had no major problems with this place. Basically dont expect any expensive treatment or experience and be disappointed to come write bad reviews here. A decent price for a decent stay but I can promise that it is a very decent place. If i were to every go back to Long beach i will definitely book this place again. Yes

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cambridge, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We booked the place after reading all the nice reviews in TripAdvisor - much better than those of many other motels, and were truly shocked when we came in and saw what it was.

First, everything started to look weird when we saw the "office": a extremely small square behind a dark, apparently bulletproof glass. Why would you need such a thing in a - theoretically - safe neighborhood?. The man there was quite rude to us, but acceptable, at least.

Second, the room was not clean, the bed was wet on one side and there were ants in the bathroom. It all had a really unclean aspect, and it definitely didn't feel "nice" to be there. We were actually planning to extend our sleeping bag over the bed, because we were really scared of lying over that.

But last, and what finally got us to leave, was the noise. Motels are not silent, but here... there was at least a couple really at it next door, making extremely loud noises. We started remembering the TripAdvisor review that mentioned that this hotel may be a place where people take hookers!

We have been for many days in a road trip, so we definitely are ready to compare this to other motels... and this was MUCH worse than any other motel we have ever seen. The first time on our life that we decide to forfeit our money and leave the place! Avoid this motel and, please, can somebody explain what's with all these other reviews?

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

To be fair...the previous reviews before booking a room had me very skeptical of the Walls establishment,however to our surprise we were not disappointed. The family and I stayed for 5 days and never had one issue with the Walls establishment. The staff was really nice and accommodating Always had hot water, new towels and bed sheets. plus the pricing was realistic for the duration of our stay. if there were any present errors..it would be only two things that come to mind and that is..The WiFi signal was very weak but that can be due to my wireless provider and the Jacuzzi jets inside the tube were defective. Nonetheless, would I book with them again,YES!

Room Tip: my suggestion would be to ask for room #2
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Westminster, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

I came to spend a vacation from mexico, I spend 3 nights and I will return again to this place. Jacuzzi rooms are very nice and clean, the owner offers very good service and the place is in very good area and not hear noise, do not wait and book your room, you will not regret!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dixon, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We arrived around 5pm, We just drove in from San Francisco and were told the last no-smoking room was given out to someone who checked in earlier. (be mindful we prepaid for a no-smoking room via Travelosity). He told us that the rooms were give out in the order of check-in and only room left was a smoking room and that everybody always book non-smoking rooms only, however we were then told we could upgrade the room but had to PAY the difference. The owner told us that it was another $25 to have the upgraded room which was the only non-smoking room left in the place, he said he was not going to give the room away because he had to pay a 30% commission to the booking agent. The room was nice, except only a bed sheet and spread (no blanket) on the bed and since we toss the bed spread on the floor it was a somewhat cool night with only a sheet. Additionaly we noticed used soap was placed back into the orginal packaging and appeared they wanted us to reuse the handsoap.

Room Tip: Arrive First, preview the rooms before you check.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

I booked two rooms for one night and the manager and staff were very helpful. the room was clean and modern and i will definatly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Tielt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

My wife and i booked 2 nights in this hotel on our recent trip trough California. When we checked in the clerk, probably the managers wife did not even bother to put on the light so when she answered the counter in the dark and barked at me as if she was a dog, i almost wet my pants! Then the man came to "help" her but i never sensed any more friendlyness than in a bootcamp! The room was nice and clean, this is the only good thing i can tell you about this place! My wife and i were looking at the tv. when i noted that the shower in the room next to ours was very loud, but in budgetmotels this is a thing you can expect was my thought at the time. Then around 11 pm we went to "sleep"! At 12pm we were woken by again.... the shower. After the shower had ended we continued our night's rest till about 1.30am when we yet again heared the shower! Little annoyed we went back to sleep after the shower! This lasted till about 3.30am.... you guessed right, another shower! After this shower it was nearly impossible to get back to sleep and we started to hear noises in between the showers, like doorslamming, cars leaving,cars stopping, muffled conversation and moaning!! In this order the cycle whent on till 6.30am, when we clearly heared an argument between a man and a woman! In my opinion there are prostitutes "working" of their clients in this motel! When we checked in i said to my wife that the room looked kitch whit the huge mirror along the wall next to the bed and with the red lightbulbs in the sockets! Now i know what really is going on! Later that morning whe went to the counter to check out and the same clerk was as friendly as ever to say that she did not want to reimburse the following night we had booked! The motel is really cheap, but this comes at a price!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Walls Motel Long Beach? Share your experiences!