“I had a good rest and I would like to return!” 4 of 5 stars

Walls Motel Long Beach
1.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   4821 Long Beach Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90805   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Long Beach B&B and Inns
Westminster, California
“I had a good rest and I would like to return!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

I came to spend a vacation from mexico, I spend 3 nights and I will return again to this place. Jacuzzi rooms are very nice and clean, the owner offers very good service and the place is in very good area and not hear noise, do not wait and book your room, you will not regret!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dixon, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We arrived around 5pm, We just drove in from San Francisco and were told the last no-smoking room was given out to someone who checked in earlier. (be mindful we prepaid for a no-smoking room via Travelosity). He told us that the rooms were give out in the order of check-in and only room left was a smoking room and that everybody always book non-smoking rooms only, however we were then told we could upgrade the room but had to PAY the difference. The owner told us that it was another $25 to have the upgraded room which was the only non-smoking room left in the place, he said he was not going to give the room away because he had to pay a 30% commission to the booking agent. The room was nice, except only a bed sheet and spread (no blanket) on the bed and since we toss the bed spread on the floor it was a somewhat cool night with only a sheet. Additionaly we noticed used soap was placed back into the orginal packaging and appeared they wanted us to reuse the handsoap.

Room Tip: Arrive First, preview the rooms before you check.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

I booked two rooms for one night and the manager and staff were very helpful. the room was clean and modern and i will definatly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Tielt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

My wife and i booked 2 nights in this hotel on our recent trip trough California. When we checked in the clerk, probably the managers wife did not even bother to put on the light so when she answered the counter in the dark and barked at me as if she was a dog, i almost wet my pants! Then the man came to "help" her but i never sensed any more friendlyness than in a bootcamp! The room was nice and clean, this is the only good thing i can tell you about this place! My wife and i were looking at the tv. when i noted that the shower in the room next to ours was very loud, but in budgetmotels this is a thing you can expect was my thought at the time. Then around 11 pm we went to "sleep"! At 12pm we were woken by again.... the shower. After the shower had ended we continued our night's rest till about 1.30am when we yet again heared the shower! Little annoyed we went back to sleep after the shower! This lasted till about 3.30am.... you guessed right, another shower! After this shower it was nearly impossible to get back to sleep and we started to hear noises in between the showers, like doorslamming, cars leaving,cars stopping, muffled conversation and moaning!! In this order the cycle whent on till 6.30am, when we clearly heared an argument between a man and a woman! In my opinion there are prostitutes "working" of their clients in this motel! When we checked in i said to my wife that the room looked kitch whit the huge mirror along the wall next to the bed and with the red lightbulbs in the sockets! Now i know what really is going on! Later that morning whe went to the counter to check out and the same clerk was as friendly as ever to say that she did not want to reimburse the following night we had booked! The motel is really cheap, but this comes at a price!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

We stayed at another motel our first night, and were so disgusted that we went in search of another the next day. Happily we found Walls, and I don't want to stay anywhere else while in LB ever again.

I cannot say enough good about being in a motel that lacks odors, stains, tacky decor, and a general creepy feeling. I was convinced that the only way to avoid those things was by paying outrageous prices for a hotel. Walls has proven that notion wrong.

Walls is a small motel, but in cozy and quaint way. It is near the airport, freeways, drugstores, fast food, restaurants, convenience stores and gas stations. You are literally minutes from anywhere you want to go. The owner and his wife are friendly. And you really can't beat the price.

The rooms are squeaky clean, the decor is classy, the beds are VERY comfortable. I literally did not want to leave that bed. We had a jacuzzi room, and the beautiful tile work in the bathroom was simply enchanting. The artwork and furnishings in the main room were also unexpectedly beautiful.

Do you think "romance" when you think of a motel room? Neither did we; but Walls may change your mind. This gem of a motel has gained a customer for life.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Paramount, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

The manager is very nice I don't have no problems with loud tenents. there are stores and restuarants available in the area in walking distance I have been a customer at the walls for many years and will continue to be a customer as long as the service stays the same.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
long beach,ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

If I had to choose a motel to stay at for any kind of buisness,pleasure, or vacation time, my number one choice would be the walls motel. My rest there was so relaxing. The location is great with nearby freeways, and resturants. For myself I stay at the walls motel a couple times a month and look forward to such dependable great service.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Walls Motel Long Beach? Share your experiences!