“this place is a piece of crap” 1 of 5 stars

Royal Inn Motel Long Beach
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2040 E. Anaheim St., Long Beach, CA 90804   |
Ranked #31 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“this place is a piece of crap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

omg I thought u was going to be robbed and I am a minority that was raised in the hood!!! this place had bed bugs, the room had a horrific odor and I had to open the doors for hours to let it air out, I turned on the ac and it spelled like someone peed in the thing, the blankets had cigarette holes & burns, ants were in the shower, and so many other issues! I know you are say why not just go to another hotel I wanted to but HOTELS.com would not refund us our money back and the owner would not give me a refund with all the problems I even showed him. the owner lived on the property as well what the heck type of place is this dude you are not in India buy a house and hire help cheap bum

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Mojave, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My Family and I stayed at the Royal Inn Motel in Long Beach Ca booked online and couldn't a refund after a certain date our reservation was for 8/9/12-8/13/12.The room was horrible!!! it spells, sheet are stained, bathroom was discussing, the carpet was dirt and It also had ants. We always bring our sheets and pillowcases first time I am glad we did. There's no room serivce only clean towels and trash cans dump. Online it stated they offer a breakfast, which seems to have been left in the room for a long time because it was mildew. The room had nets so we couldn't leave anything uncover and wore our shoes our socks because the floor was dirty. There prositutes as one customer working the street..DO NOT STAY!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

I needed somewhere to stay ASAP and close I stumbled upon this motel everything is outdated and the staff is horrible I was 10 minutes late for my checkout and the front desk harrassed me banging on my door harrassing me until someone watched me carry my belongings out of the room. Room had no clock radio and the maid service is awful I would come back in my room to still find leftover trash food that the maid neglected to remove. Overall I would say do not stay here oh I forgot to mention the spiders in my room

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

First of all ignore all of the slanderous negative reviews about the royal inn. The area is safe Im white and a generally small dude and I walked/rode bike all around even late at night (got off work 1am) if you arent into trouble trouble won't find you just like anywhere else... I came here by bus from Winchester and got here at 11am that was 4 hours before I was schedualed to check in, they said that's fine and I just had to wait about 15 minutes for them to finish cleaning. Kudos to the cleaning lady she works very hard,The room was very clean everything worked as it should. The manager and front desk were more than helpfully and kind!!! Today may 13th was my checkout day, but i got called into work unexpectedly and overstayed my welcome. They left all of my stuff in the room and put in the computer that the room was undergoing maintenance for me. I way after my checkout time that day I booked one more night but mistakenly asked for the 28th. I found out later when I was off work. And the manager set me up with another room within TEN minutes. He also shofered me and helped me with my bags to my new room. As for the rooms i stayed in they were very nice and simple tv, microwave, refridgerator, and the shower are those kind that just dump the water in heavy streams leaving you feel very refreshed. THE HOT WATER WORKED EXCELENT!!! Contradicting a neg. rewiew i had previously read. Even after a very long shower it still never ran cold on me! That's more than I can say for my OWN SHOWER! The neighborhood is very convenient it's lower income than other parts of long beach so the prices on everything are way cheaper than anywhere else, close to bus station tak 46 straight to down town by the aquarium, marina, bars/clubs, etc busses run very late midnight I think. You can litteraly ride your bike to alamitos bay, Naples, Belmont and all the hot spots! All while saving money to enjoy all of the activities long beach has to offer!!!! STAY AT ROYAL INN and STAY LONGER!!!!!! :) thanks for everything you guys

• Stayed May 2012
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Low Prices!!!! This is one of less than a handful of the motels in Long Beach that advertise at the very lowest prices there are on Hotels.com ... I have stayed here and some other places in Long Beach, a few times already in the Autumn of 2011. I get the impression that some of the other reviews came from people who may have a phobia for people of color.

I don't recommend coming here to find working girls. You would more likely find a policewoman and get busted. This motel is family owned and does not allow working girls. The family that owns this motel is very hardworking and has always been very respectful to me.

Yes, there are nicer motels in Long Beach, but they cost more. Here's what I like... at the Royal Inn Motel, the bathrooms are large and everything works. The water pressure is almost industrial grade. The hotel is small approx. 20 rooms and the parking area has a wall across it which makes it real easy to pack, unpack or just clean out your car without any distractions. This would also be a plus for anyone having mobility issues. The office has a bell mounted at a lower height for disabled persons.

All of the rooms have solar tinted glass. My room has a very nice little table and two chairs. In most other places in this price range, you would be lucky to have one chair and a desk.

Few people will notice that the Royal Inn Motel is located right in the heart of Long Beach's Cambodia Town. Great restaurants are within a short walking distance. The shopkeepers here are also a great bargain if you need any medical, optometry, beauty or tailoring services. The Cambodian people are very sweet and take their time with you to provide excellent service. There's a really nice dressmaker about two blocks West on Anaheim Street.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are more secluded from the parking area. Rooms having two beds are less often rented...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I had a very low expectation for this property and it fell short of that expectation. Two basic and simple steps could have changed that opinion. 1) Appropriate maintenance of the exterior of the building--it was old, tired, unappealing (dirty structure, ugly stairs, fingerprints on doors) and needed paint 2) Provide more than three fluorescent(?) ceiling lights in the room. (Also had very dirty carpet.) The property is on an OLD, heavily traveled commercial corridor with mostly single family dwellings and some apartments on the side streets behind the commercial structures. About 10% of the businesses, which include quite a few ethnic restaurants, are open after 6pm--it's simply not attractive and it's not a vibrant area. There is NOTHING wrong with the neighborhood and nothing to be "scared" of--that's just ridiculous paranoia from people who have ridiculous expectations for $50. Perfectly OK for a brief one-night sleep over but that's it. I was given two complimentary bottles of water upon check-in and they did have my non-smoking (albeit heavily perfumed) room available as I had asked for earlier in the day when I called to reconfirm. Advertising indicates free wi-fi but when I found the connection on my laptop, it required a password which was nowhere to be found. Bottom line, I simply wouldn't want to stay here again, at any price.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Got to this hotel late at night. The hotel is in a very very bad location full of working girls and crack users. The hotel manager was very rude and was only interested in taking my money. I did not stay the night even though i pre paid for 2 nights. I was too scared to stay in the hotel. I never recieved a refund for the second night even though i was assaulted by one of the hotel guests as i was leaving my car to go to the reception area!!!!

Room Tip: Please save your money and your life, don't book this hotel!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Royal Inn Motel Long Beach? Share your experiences!