“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We spent one night here and we were very happy. The room was very nice, clean, the bed was very comfortable and all the ammendities provided were wonderful. The service was great too. We would definately stay here again! The only negative is that breakfast was not included but we did eat at there restaurant and the food was very good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Staying here at the moment (March 2014). I had to book in two days earlier than planned, hotel was very accommodating, friendly counter staff, clean good size rooms, breakfast burrito was a great filling start to the day. Nothing that I have observed so far would put me off recommending this hotel if you are in this area.

Walking distance to the conference centre, and close to many restaurants, parking available for a few dollars a day.

If I had one minor thing, the beds are too soft, but my colleague commented on how good the beds were, so horses for courses.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I came in primarily for the LA marathon, checked in after driving through LA traffic and had a minor fender bender, Megan was super nice and checked me in, Next thing I know, when I came back to room, she left a nice cheese plate and wine for me, It was super sweet and I didn't expect it, The whole time I was there, all of the staff were great, from printing my boarding pass, to providing local hiking directions to holding my luggage because I had a late flight, they even extended my check out time, best customer service I've experienced, thank you for everything! You all made my experience from stressful to memorable!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Winchester, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The Hyatt Pike is a VERY NICE HOTEL conveniently located near the convention center and within walking distance of several restaurants. The two rooms we reserved were meticulously clean and upon our arrival, the front desk staff was helpful and check-in was an easy process. Every hotel employee we met was friendly and accommodating, the breakfast was delicious, and we relaxed at the end of the day listening to the live entertainment in the lounge. Great hotel!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This Hotel is more of a "Boutique Hotel". We were greeted with a very professional and kind front desk receptionist named Jason. He gave us a suite on the 7th floor - which is the top floor with a harbor view - beautiful! The two elevators are operated by recognizing your room key for security which is awesome! They greeted my son with a complimentary toy which he got to choose - he loved that!

The hallways and room are extremely modern and clean. The suite was perfect in every way. The living room gave our son an opportunity to play in his own space. The desk, refrigerator, coffee/tea machine and all amenities were provided. We called for a toothbrush kit, and it arrived in 2 minutes. Watch out with kids with the stocked fridge and bar because they have sensors. The bathroom amenities included shampoo, conditioner, soap and bath wash which was of good quality (not Portico Hyatt usual brand). The bed was extremely soft so I did have a sore back. We use very firm mattresses so we did not like the bed at all. The bathroom was pristine and very modern with its rain shower and telephone option style shower, however since there is no door that closes the shower - if you step away from the warm water you will freeze!!! Water can also splash around onto the tiles outside the shower if you are not careful. Basically it is a walk in shoer that just has a half covered glass fixed wall from the faucet to the mid mark of the shower - not practical at all. But no big deal :)) There was only one sink which was OK with us. The flat screen TV swings around from the living room to the bedroom, so you cannot use the TV in both rooms at once of course - which was OK too for us. They had many kid friendly channels (Disney, Cartoon Network, PBS & another one - forgot!) There is a safe that will fit large size portable electronics and laptops no problem. There are not too many drawers for clothes, so pack light!

The pool is actually very nice and simple. It is located on the roof (8th floor) again only accessible via room key in the elevator. The pool water was warm. They had plenty of towels and cucumber infused water by the pool. There are two cabanas which can be used at no charge. The view from the pool is outstanding! We could see all of Long Beach all around us - 360 degree view. There was no staff to bother us up there - do not expect service there. The pool bathrooms are extremely clean and large. There is a very nice and clean gym by the lobby on the First Floor that provides water, towels, chilled towels in a refrigerator and green apples. The equipment is new and well kept. The lobby is clean. We never used the restaurants since we were walking distance to everything around!!! We walked to the Aquarium, Shoreline Village, the Beach and all Restaurants around! We ventured up Pine Street as well at night. We never had to pull our car out of the Pike parking lot! Parking is $7 for all day and one night which is just billed to your room. You just tell them about it and show your ticket from there. The internet is complimentary, but was extremely slow and spotty in our suite. So we tethered from my husband's cell phone.

We had a beautiful experience at the Hyatt at The Pike and would return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Pike for 3 nights.
Hotel is clean and comfortable.
We booked two rooms.
One room had to be changed since it was across from the electrical room and
We were not able to sleep due to the noise coming out from there. Change was granted- no problem with that.

Last day when checking out my dad wasn't able to find the parking ticket.
We asked the front desk for some help to contact someone at the parking lot- one of the ladies there said that she needed to charge us again in order to give us a pass to get out. We explained we were checking out and needed the car.

After an hour trying to get in contract with someone at the parking lot and front desk hotel- we talked to Carla a front desk agent who could understand the situation and noticed that we had already paid for 3 nights parking and all we needed was a card to get the car out of there.

Stayed February 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

As a business traveler, I spent 3 nights at this property. The room was exceptionally clean and the overall feel of the property was just as good. The front desk helped me get my rate adjusted back to per-diem rate which saved me out of pocket expenses which was VERY appreciated. They could have gouged me but did the right thing. Way to go HYATT! The property is steps from dining and other entertainment which made it nice after long work days.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt The Pike Long Beach? Share your experiences!