“Nice rooms, all the necessary comfort.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Park & Surf Package
Ranked #2 of 58 hotels in Long Beach
Guatemala City, Guatemala, Guatemala
“Nice rooms, all the necessary comfort.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have been here a couple of times on business. The rooms are spacious and have "character" which is nice. The huge walk-in rainfall shower is a pretty nice touch also. The restaurant doesn't have a wide variety but the food is pretty nice and the staff are friendly and accommodating and they have a car service and other extra services when requested.
The only down-side I would say is a somewhat loud heater / air conditioner and sometimes you don't have a choice but to turn it on.
However, I would without a doubt stay here again!

Room Tip: The larger king rooms with the walk-in shower are the best.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

443 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Gloucester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights prior to our Princess Cruise. The hotel was fantastic the bed was so comfortable had a great sleep, with a large walk in shower. The staff were friendly and extra helpful, and soon knew what we liked to drink in the bar & breakfast restaurant.

The room was spacious, clean & had fabulous views. Some may find that there is not adequate storage space for clothing, for our 2 night stay it was fine. But we did struggle to hang things in the wardrobe due to items stored in there. We had to ask for extra cream for the coffee machine, but this was immediately put in our room. Although, we went up to the roof terrace we didn't stay, due to the bar not being open, suspect this is only open in summer months. But it had fabulous views, including the Queen Mary.

The hotel is well situated, although was surprised on walking to Walmarts, seeing curfew signs on our way. We didn't encounter any trouble though.

We walked along the shore front, and around shoreline village. My only complaint (not to do with the hotel) was that nothing opened until 11am. So we were given no option other than have breakfast at the hotel, which we found served a great breakfast. We found various venues to eat during the day & evening, including an Irish Bar, around the corner. The area in general does not appear to get busy until later in the day. The aquarium is opposite the hotel, and a free shuttle bus runs to the Queen Mary from there.

We enjoyed our stay here & cannot find any fault with this hotel. The hotel arranged for a taxi to take us to San Pedro Cruise port on our last day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I travel a LOT for business and this was once of the most relaxing and comfortable hotels I have every stayed at! It had a boutique feel to it, huge rooms, amazing bed (wish I had it at home!), superb staff service, especially from Niesha who checked me in and was very welcoming. Very nice quaint bar, perfect to have a cocktail & relax in after a long work day. Location is great for many Long Beach activities and lots of reasonable restaurants in close proximity.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel sits within walking distance to the rainbow harbor, the Aquarium of the pacific, many restaurants and not far from many of the other sites in Long Beach. The rooms are comfortable, with great beds, and large bathrooms. The staff was ho-hum except the front desk manager, Dan, who was excellent. The roof-top pool was nice, but the water was a bit chilly. a hot-tub would be a great addition. The lobby bar was pricey and bartender was awkward.

Blythe, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I shall put off explaining the title for a moment because there are so many wonderful things about this hotel. First, our check in was extremely late as we got stuck in traffic, but the staff was wonderful! They checked us in, got us up to our room and WOW! This hotel room was like we were in the future! What wonderful decor! The room was spotless, great views, and awesome showers. I can say that the best feature of this hotel is why I titled it. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! It was like sleeping on a cloud! AMAZING! I wish I had time to explore the area as well as the hotel more, but my trip was a little off on times due to traffic. Please viewers, if you get a chance, stay here, you will not regret it! Did I mention the pricing was fabulous?? It was worth twice what I paid! Thank you Hyatt at the Pike! <3

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Forney, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Over the past year I started staying here when attending conventions at the Long Beach Center (which I do three times a year) as a quite alternative to the larger and busier hotels in the areas. The location is fantastic, especially for a tourist, and the quality of the hotel is excellent. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable, a bit modern but still with a warm touch. The bathroom we had was large and while it didn't have a bathtub, it did feature an over-sized rain fall shower that was great! As a Hyatt Diamond member this hotel has more limited facilities (no Regency Club) and services than most Hyatts I stay at. I would strongly recommend this hotel for a tourist, but less so for a business traveler as their business facilities are, in my opinion, lacking and substandard (can't even plug in anything) and it is located in an area that had a very cold draft. I always find the service in this hotel to be outstanding!

Room Tip: I always get a room in the back where I'm told it is quieter
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed for one night in February and was pleasently surprised. I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of the darkish design of the W Hotels but the Hyatt is decorated in a similar style and looks pretty good.
The room and all the other facilities are very well layed out and clean. The bar and the restaurant were quiet the night I stayed there but there are a number of restaurants right beside the hotel (including a busy Hooters with their irritating staff dress code). Breakfast was excellent.
The roof top pool and bar looked great on the foto but it was too cold to use this facility.
The staff were very friendly and the check out fast and efficient.
Overall the hotel offered great value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt The Pike Long Beach? Share your experiences!