“The very Hip Avia” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“The very Hip Avia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

This is one of the greatest, hip, quaint hotels in Long Beach. My fiancé and I discovered it while we were down on a romantic trip staying at a hotel near by. When we first walked into the lobby we knew were we were staying next time. The hotel has a very European feel to it, and is kind of sexy and mysterious. Not a huge chain hotel with that corporate vibe,but a bit tucked away and romantic. The rooms are very modern and we had a great view of the ocean... The shower was AMAZING... We enjoyed it very very much! And the bed, let me just say this,it slept so good we had to lift off the sheets to write down the type of matress so that we may purchase one for our bedroom at home! If we could get that shower we would get it too! The bar is very hip with great staff and tasty appetizers. We love this place. It seemed that there were mostly fun loving adults staying there not really a space to be shared with small children, and that was just perfect for us that weekend. The staff is awesome and you are walking distance from everything in the city! We will make this our Long Beach home away from home!!
S&R

• Stayed January 2011
AVIALongBeachGM, General Manager at Hyatt The Pike Long Beach, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to write such kinds words about your recent stay at AVIA. I am so pleased you loved the ambience and the amenities offered.

I look forward to you staying with us the next time you are in Long Beach.

Bob Haury, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Belleville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

We traveled to long beach for an event at the convention center. Our plans were made on relatively short order, and AVIA was affordable, and had no problem accommodating us. The location was fantastic. We did not rent a car, the staff arranged travel to and from airport, which worked out perfectly. Our room was clean and very comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful, making our stay very nice. We spent some time at the awesome rooftop pool that has a remarkable view. I would recommend AVIA without hesitation, and would happily stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
AVIALongBeachGM, General Manager at Hyatt The Pike Long Beach, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so happy we have a new fan of AVIA. We are so glad you gave us a try and enjoyed your stay so much you have recommended to others. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will stay with us the next time you are in Long Beach.

Culver City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

I stayed at the Avia the last weekend of April when the LA region was experiencing a nice little heat wave. That resulted in great weather in Long Beach and a great stay at the Avia. Upon arrival, the front desk attendant wasn't terribly friendly but she very quickly got us our room keys and parking voucher. Our room was on the second floor and while it didn't have the best view (I can't imagine any of the lower level rooms have a very good view), the room was awesome. With hardwood floors and a nice carpet, the room was cut in half by a wood-panel wall that featured a swiveling flat screen TV that could be turned to face either part of the room. The king size bed was beyond comfortable - one of the nicest beds I have slept in at a hotel. The best part about staying at the Avia is the access to the rooftop pool. We quickly headed up there and found a party scene that seemed right out of a Palm Springs hotel, except that we were surrounded by the Long Beach skyline. The bartenders were super cool and we were able to order dinner while lounging in the sun. Later on, we had a couple drinks and snacks in the bar. More cool bartenders and delicious food were found there. The next morning, we ate breakfast in the small restaurant. The food was delicious and very affordable.

The Pike shopping and dining area that the hotel is in is kind of a weird mashup of chain restaurants and family entertainment spots. Not where you would expect to find an upscale hotel like the Avia. I would recommend taking advantage of all the good food and drinks at the hotel to not spoil a romantic evening.

I would recommend Avia Long Beach to any young couple looking to get away for a weekend but not drive too far out of the LA area!

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so happy you had a great weekend stay at AVIA! It is great to read you enjoyed the décor and amenities in the room. Thanks for the great comments about the roof top pool. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the restaurant for both breakfast and evening snacks.

Thank you for staying with us and look forwarding to hosting you again!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

Stayed at the Avia Long Beach with some friends and had a phenomenal experience. The General Manager Bob personally showed me around to my room and around the amenities and the front reception staff were friendly and eager to please. The rooms were incredibly spacious and modern and very clean and I got lost in those comfortable beds/bedding. A great location as well in the heart of downtown Long Beach near some pubs and restaurants as well as a movie theater. There is a beautiful rooftop terrace that transforms into a lounge in the evenings. Priced well and a great stay overall. Recommended!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
AVIALongBeachGM, General Manager at Hyatt The Pike Long Beach, responded to this review, May 22, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

It is so great to read you and your friends had a phenomenal experience at AVIA Long Beach! Thank you for mentioning the staff. We all work very hard to make sure every guest has a great experience and it sounds like we succeeded. Thank you for recommending to others and we hope to see you again.

Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

this is an amazing hotel you will not be disappointed...it is clean...amazing service...awesome location..we were taking a cruise and we had a wonderful time..thank you Avia!!! you will like this place...trust a Canadian!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
AVIALongBeachGM, General Manager at Hyatt The Pike Long Beach, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so glad to read you loved your short stay at AVIA. Thank you for the nice comments regarding the service and location. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Long Beach.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

Stayed here for a convention in from 4/3 to 4/7. Very nice hotel in a great location. Convention center is very much within walking distance and is surrounded by a number of different restaurants. Room was clean, but I expected to have a better view than the rooms on the other side of the hotel. They have a rooftop bar, but it's only open on Fri and Sat. They screwed up my wake up call one morning causing me to miss a meeting but apologized and reduced my stay by $50 and gave me a food voucher. Better than nothing I guess. All in all I would stay here again, nice place. Long Beach is a very nice area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
AVIALongBeachGM, General Manager at Hyatt The Pike Long Beach, responded to this review, April 22, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing AVIA for your recent trip to Long Beach. I do hope you will accept my apologize for our error on your wake up call. I am encouraged that you did have a good stay overall and I look forward to hosting you the next time you are in Long Beach.

Livermore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

I have been at wonderful hotels from great to literally 5 star. I have to say if they had this particular hotel as an option wherever I stay, I would be there in a heart beat. From decor to layout the hotel itself was hip, cool with high quality decor that made me feel comfortable. AND THE BEDS!! I will have to find out what bed they have, we were all amazed at how great they were! So there is that, then you go on to the food, excellent, all the way around, not one disappointment in 3 days! The restaurant is not always open but with all the options within a quick moments' walk, it's not a problem at all!

Now, you would think that would be all I would need to say to give a great review for this hotel as I had planned since about an hour after I arrived but that's not it. I commend whomever the hiring manager is for choosing only the best at what they do. There was only one employee who was not "above and beyond", but everyone, from front desk, to concierge, waitstaff and bartenders, all really high quality customer service it seems you JUST DON'T GET ANYWHERE ANYMORE!! I don't travel to Long Beach usually but I will go out of my way to find all the hotels that are affiliated with this one in hopes I can have the same experience elsewhere! (oh and a heated rooftop pool that was gorgeous!)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
AVIALongBeachGM, General Manager at Hyatt The Pike Long Beach, responded to this review, April 10, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

WOW! Thank you for such great comments about your AVIA and your recent stay. We are so glad you found the décor to be hip and cool and the layout very welcoming. Thank you for recognizing our staff. They work very hard to make sure each guest has a wonderful experience and it sounds like they did just that.

We look forward to seeing you again in Long Beach or at one of our other locations.

Bob Haury, General Manager

Been to Hyatt The Pike Long Beach? Share your experiences!