“Unique experience at The Varden--A Boutique Hotel in Long Beach” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   335 Pacific Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90802   |
Ranked #1 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Anacortes
“Unique experience at The Varden--A Boutique Hotel in Long Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, offering personal assistance. My room was trendy, elegant and very clean. I chose the hotel based on cost and proximity to the Long Beach Convention Center--it was definitely the best choice! Wine tasting and appetizers were offered every evening. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

I enjoyed my stay at this boutique hotel immensely. Traveling with a group of colleagues can be trying especially if someone is not having a good experience. The owners and staff at The Varden went out of their way to make all 25 of us feel right at home. Everyone had a good experience. The rooms, although small, are well designed and have all the amenities needed for a short or longer stay. I especially enjoyed the common room in the lobby where we could all gather for breakfast or an evening drink before dinner. I can honestly say all my needs were anticipated and met by a group of individuals who treat you like a valued friend who happen to be houseguest. Although this was my first time with The Varden, other guests I met were long time customers who seem to come back again and again. The location was great, just a couple of blocks from shopping and dining, but not too close for noise to be a factor. I slept with my windows open and enjoyed it. I will be back to take advantage of the excellent rates and service provided. What a great find!!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

What a wonderful surprise from the everyday chain hotels. While the room/bathroom was slightly smaller than what I may be used to....I usually pack a lot and like to spread out, but the cleanliness, the superior customer service including a wondeful staff, the handson management team and most importantly Larry and Charls, co-owner, of this fantastic boutique hotel, made our stay fabulous, phenomenal and unforgettable. What other hotel would remember you by your name and make sure that all your needs are met to make your stay special !! Not only will I come back, I am recommending this hotel to everyone.
The afternoon wine and the morning coffee and pastry selection is pretty good as well.

Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

Yes, we stayed at The Varden again this year, my friends and I. There is a reason this is the #1 hotel in Long Beach, actually two reasons, in the names of Larry and Charles! We feel like we are staying with friends when we are there. Larry even reminded me to take our tickets to the conference with us (which I had left in the room, silly me). The rooms are still clean, crisp, comfortable and just the right size. Instead of sharing a room elsewhere, we each get our own room. Larry, Larry, Larry....Charles, Charles, Charles....you guys are the best!!

Sorrento, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

A crew of 25 of my collegues swept in and took over The Varden for the 3 day California Womens Conference. The owner and staff of the Varden were very professional and extremey helpful with all of the extra requests and needs that 25 women can bring with them. They friendly and personal service offered at The Varden truely set it apart from any other hotel. Rooms are typical of the European boutique style and are very clean. The bed was even better than any of the ones I have slept in at the Ritz Carlton too!! I plan on returning for a leisure vacation soon, as I didnt have enough time to do everything I wanted to do.

woodland hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

The Varden is a beautifully redone historical building. It has all the modern amenities anyone would want. Its location is perfect for an evening stroll to dinner to the pier or to any local hang outs. The shopping near by is wonderful too. Every dinning suggestion the staff or owner Larry made was perfect! It was as if they knew my taste. The air conditioning units in each room are so quiet it gives for a very peaceful sleep. The shower has great pressure, I wish the shower head was a bit lower so I could adjust it. That's the only bad thing i can say, well take it from someone who's 5'2.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Camillus, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

Exceptionally wonderful staff. Excellent service.. Very comfortable beds.. ..Very clean...Nice continental breakfast every morning, and wine tasting in the evening!! I had a wonderful 4 night stay!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Been to The Varden Hotel? Share your experiences!