“Great for kids of all ages” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #3 of 34 Attractions in Long Beach
Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a journey of discovery through the world’s largest ocean at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, California.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Great for kids of all ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I really thought this was a great aquarium with fantastic exhibits and lots of opportunity to interact. Loved it! So did our 1-year old, our 4-year old cousin, etc etc.

Marina del Rey, California
7 attraction reviews
“Fading Anemone?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Some of the speakers seemed unenthusiastic. Many animals had lesions. The sea lions seemed to have outgrown their exhibit--fighting and nipping a lot more than others I've seen at other aquariums and zoos across the U.S. The most senior staff member who works in the gift shop at the entrance was outstanding--really made me and others who weren't in my party feel welcome. The vents above the whales models, and the backs of whales themselves need cleaning.

Visited October 2012
Mexico City, Mexico
14 attraction reviews
“Small but beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This aquarium is just the right size not to be overwhelmed but to enjoy each and everyone of the exhibits. The staff is very profesional and knowledgeable.

Albany, Oregon
27 attraction reviews
“A must-do in LGB”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is a very good aquarium and the employees seemed to be very knowledgeable. The shows hit the right tone of conveying information to the lay person while throwing in the occasional tidbit that appeals to the biologist in me.

My only recommendation would be an adults-only time. I know aquariums are built for children, but a one-night per week event would be welcome for those who wish to visit the aquarium without millions of kids bowling you over.

Benson, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
“A great place to visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This was our first visit. We also took the behind the scenes tour. It turned out that only myself and my wife participated. We had the guide to our selves. It was awesome, I recommend this to anyone. On the whole the aquarium is very kid friendly. The exhibits are all beautiful, displaying the animals very well. The otters are my favorite. The aquarium should not be missed.