“Great food, great location, great service” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Ridgecrest, California
“Great food, great location, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My family and I ate here for lunch before heading up to Mount Whitney. They are only open for breakfast and lunch, so we were fortunate to come through when we did.

The menu was pretty extensive, which made it hard to decide what to order, but what we did order was fantastic. While we waited for our food, we eyed the plates of other diners, and all of the dishes looked amazing.

We also bought a loaf of freshly baked tomato, basil, mozzarella bread to take home with us. Yum!

Other reviewers have said that it is pricey. Well sure, it isn't as cheap as McDonald's, but I thought that for large portions of freshly made food, the prices were VERY reasonable.

Will definitely be taking friends and family here when they come out to visit.

• Visited January 2013

Joshua Tree , California
“Good but pricey .”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I had breakfast here last monday . I have many friends who told me about the place . It was time for a visit . I had blueberry pancakes , side of bacon and coffee . it came to $17.71 ! I think this is a bit expensive for breakfast . The service was good and the interior was set up in one big room with great pictures on the walls .
I may try to get a smaller meal next time .

California
“Great breakfast, good service, convenient location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had brunch here while staying in Lone Pine. Good poached eggs and potatoes, with amazing wheat toast (pretty sure they make the bread on-site and it was delicious.) My husband enjoyed his chicken club sandwich, which was HUGE and fed him for another meal later in the day. They also have a nice selection of baked goods made there and everything looked pretty tempting. Service was quick and friendly.

We'll definitely stop back if we come through Lone Pine in the future!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greenbrae
“Our second visit and certainly not our last! Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

this is the second time we had lunch and it was superb. they added some new items such as Ahi tuna seared salad and burger, filet mignon sandwich etc. Everytime there is from scratch including their pastries. Several French men who work at the Perrier plant south have breakfast and lunch there 5x weekly and we know how the frogs feel about their food. Dont miss this hidden gem just off the main drag 395.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oak View, California
“Great place to eat with large portions and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I were referred here by Dow Villa staff. The service was attentive and quick. The portions were immense, we ate half and took the rest on the road. I had the Clint Eastwood Scramble, it was delicious with a mix of steak, scrambled eggs, salsa and a good amount of zest. Gotta love anything Clint Eastwood. My wife had a cheese covered omelet. We bought cinnamon rolls that we took on the road. I highly recommend this place to eat and then by a pastry for the road. Delicious!!