“I didn't like "Seasons" as much as others seemed to” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Continental, International
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Whittier
“I didn't like "Seasons" as much as others seemed to”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I'd eaten here before, the last time being in 2008, so I was familiar with the restaurant. The meal was just okay, in my opinion.

First the good news: I had an excellent Lemon Drop martini while I was waiting for my meal to arrive. Another plus is that the menu is ambitious for a restaurant in such a small town. Also, the salad dressings are homemade. I had bleu cheese dressing with the house salad and it was fresh and well made.

Now the bad news: I ordered Rainbow trout for dinner and the fish was old. Not "oh no, I'm going to die" old, but rather, "Yuck, how old is this fish?" old. The fish left an unpleasant aftertaste in my mouth that lingered for hours after the meal had ended. And the potatoes au gratin that came with the meal was a strange dish, not at all what I think of when I think of potatoes au gratin. The potatoes had a thin, oily, creamy sauce that was unappetizing. The potatoes would have been better simply served on their own.

In a small town like Lone Pine the options are limited, so I would definitely go back to Seasons next time I'm there. But for my money, both the Alabama Hills Bakery and Cafe and the Totem Cafe serve better food and are less expensive to boot.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Poway, California
“Best Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Season's Restaurant is somewhat misleading from the outside, but once inside it is decorated nicely and feels like high end dining. The food is absolutely delicious, presented well, and the service has always been outstanding. We go to Lone Pine at least 4 times a year and always have dinner here. Everything from the salad to the dessert is scrumptious. We highly recommend this restaurant to everyone who is interested in having a wonderful dining experience!

Palm Desert, California, United States
“Horray for the Chef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The last two times we have stayed in Lone Pine we did so on purpose so we could enjoy Seasons Restaurant. The chef should be chained to the kitchen so he can never leave. The menu is varied with interesting choices. I have to admit the first time we went there, at the recommendation of our hotel, we were blown away that in a small town like Lone Pine we could find such great food, professional service and beaitfully prpeared plates that added to the entire experience. Would highly recommend making reservations. We were there on a Friday and people were waiting for a table and this is not the type of restaurant whereyou would rush dinner. Good wine list also. Lots of locals were there that night which speaks volumes about how good it is. Hope you get a chance to enjoy this retaurant.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Temecula, California
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Food was great, atmosphere and the staff there was awsome, the hostess was very friendly and helpfull, Jessica was her name. Stop in if you have a chance to relax and enjoy and nice dinner.

Woking, United Kingdom
“Excellent Dinner, great food !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Loved this restaurant, appeared to be full of travellers and locals. Service brilliant, and our food was terrific. Good wine list, reasonably priced. You should book - we didn't, and we were lucky to get the last available table - midweek, too!! Highly recommend this restaurant.