“Very welcoming and prepared to do a last minute deal.” 4 of 5 stars

Mt. Whitney Motel
305 North Main Street, Lone Pine, CA 93545   |
Ranked #6 of 8 hotels in Lone Pine
Bovingdon,UK
“Very welcoming and prepared to do a last minute deal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

No problems at this budget motel....you get what you pay for...

Room Tip: the owner was prepared to do a deal even though we turned up without a room .
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed overnight. Nice little motel at a good price. Room was on the small side but importantly was clean & had all the bits you'd expect & in working order.
Lone Pine is a nice little town to stay over in, pleanty of places to eat & a couple of good bars.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

impressed.
the best one for budget we had on our tour.
the pool is a little bit cold,
but fast internet, nice rooms, clean, good aircondition... late checkin (we checked in 11:30 pm)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We were impressed with the size of the rooms and the clean, well-kept establishment. Polite staff, and ample parking too! The price was the best in town, and we were only a couple blocks from our favorite restoraunt in town (Seasons)! We will be sure to come back here again when we want to visit Death Valley or climb Mt Whitney!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Laguna Niguel, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

The organizer of my Mt Whitney climb booked a room at Mt Whitney Motel in August 2011, so did I. The room was pretty comfortable and I had a good night sleep before my adventure. Unfortunately I overslept a bit, and as a result - I have forgotten a couple of things in the morning in a hurry, such as my little cooler, my set of hiking pols, and a few pieces of clothes. I thought it will be not a problem to claim my forgotten things when I come back from my climb, but it turned out to be impossible! When I tried to talk to a front desk on my return - I was treated very rude: I was told all "forgotten things" are usually locked in a special room and they currently do not have a key to that room. I asked if I can leave my phone and address and if I can come back next week when I will be backpacking in the area and have an opportunity to stop by.... Well, a week later when I returned to hotel - they said they do not have any of my things, not any at all. They did not even apologize. I was very, very disappointed, and definetely will never stay in the motel again. Please be aware of a bad indifferent customer service!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Frankfurt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We checked in on a Friday afternoon and were pretty lucky to get a room as we did not have a reservation. The manager was friendly and very accomodating. He offered us a room on the back of the property which was supposed to be quiet. It was the first room by the stairs however it was really quiet, if it weren't for the trucks who speeded through the street. But at one point they eventually stopped, so we enjoyed a good nights sleep. The room was a bit pricy but it was a weekend, everything was clean and worked just fine including wifi. We definitely recommend it if you just need an overnight stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Yorkshire England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Rooms were basic but adequate in terms of facilities. However if size matters they were fantastic. Reasonably priced and everything worked.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Mt. Whitney Motel? Share your experiences!