“Perfect price and lovely setting!” 5 of 5 stars

Mt. Whitney Motel
305 North Main Street, Lone Pine, CA 93545   |
Ranked #6 of 8 hotels in Lone Pine
Pasadena, California
“Perfect price and lovely setting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We were impressed with the size of the rooms and the clean, well-kept establishment. Polite staff, and ample parking too! The price was the best in town, and we were only a couple blocks from our favorite restoraunt in town (Seasons)! We will be sure to come back here again when we want to visit Death Valley or climb Mt Whitney!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Laguna Niguel, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

The organizer of my Mt Whitney climb booked a room at Mt Whitney Motel in August 2011, so did I. The room was pretty comfortable and I had a good night sleep before my adventure. Unfortunately I overslept a bit, and as a result - I have forgotten a couple of things in the morning in a hurry, such as my little cooler, my set of hiking pols, and a few pieces of clothes. I thought it will be not a problem to claim my forgotten things when I come back from my climb, but it turned out to be impossible! When I tried to talk to a front desk on my return - I was treated very rude: I was told all "forgotten things" are usually locked in a special room and they currently do not have a key to that room. I asked if I can leave my phone and address and if I can come back next week when I will be backpacking in the area and have an opportunity to stop by.... Well, a week later when I returned to hotel - they said they do not have any of my things, not any at all. They did not even apologize. I was very, very disappointed, and definetely will never stay in the motel again. Please be aware of a bad indifferent customer service!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Frankfurt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We checked in on a Friday afternoon and were pretty lucky to get a room as we did not have a reservation. The manager was friendly and very accomodating. He offered us a room on the back of the property which was supposed to be quiet. It was the first room by the stairs however it was really quiet, if it weren't for the trucks who speeded through the street. But at one point they eventually stopped, so we enjoyed a good nights sleep. The room was a bit pricy but it was a weekend, everything was clean and worked just fine including wifi. We definitely recommend it if you just need an overnight stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Yorkshire England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Rooms were basic but adequate in terms of facilities. However if size matters they were fantastic. Reasonably priced and everything worked.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Northwood, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011 via mobile

Overnighted here as a family of 5 and found accommodation booked up in Lone Pine. Mount Whitney had availability with a massive room. A bit pricey though with no frills though patchy wifi was free. Pool looked a bit dirty was but used by others. Beds were comfy and aircon effiective if not a little noisy. Bathroom was basic and in need of some modernisation but met our needs.

• Stayed August 2011
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011 via mobile

Booked this as there was nothing else available, and really regret not having planned ahead to avoid the experience.

I've paid less than this for 4-star, brand-new full service hotels with breakfast included.

How does anyone vote this place more than 2 out of 5???

Here, for $123 a night we got a bed and a shower in a tired, shabby room that can't have been refurbished since the 1970s... and I don't mean in a funky retro-chic way. I just mean a horrible, shabby room you shouldn't expect to pay over $30 fir And that $123 price doesn't even include breakfast. The owners must laugh inside every time someone hands over their credit card.

Can't get internet in the furthest rooms, and owners couldn't give a toss. By the way, the photos of the pool are way out date, by about 10 years I'd say, when it looked clean. Pool is also right on the road. Avoid.

• Stayed August 2011
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I have been here many times over the years. The place is really basic, nothing special. It is always clean. Check-in is straight forward, usually accompanied with the strong smell of curry and a smile ;o) It is within easy walking distance of several restaurants in Lone Pine. The rooms don't seem to suffer greatly from noise from the highway, so no real complaints here.

Room Tip: Easy to make or break reservations via e-mail.