“OK, they're trying!” 3 of 5 stars

805-737-0184
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 101 Restaurants in Lompoc
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Doing business, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
USA
“OK, they're trying!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

Angeles is located in an alley off the beaten path. It's an OK mexican food joint. They're trying to make a go of it and I go in once in awhile to patronize the place. Don't know how long they can hold on but the foods ok and they're really nice folks.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Oxnard, California
“The owner was very nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

I stayed in Lompoc 8-13-10 with my wife and son we searched online for a good place to eat. Angela's Restaurant was so highly recommended that it was hands down the choice we made. I eat Mexican food all the time it’s one of my favorite choices. The shrimp fajitas had too much bell pepper and the shrimp was not great, the onion, tomato and squash were very good. The Chile Verde tasted like canned meet. The prices were high. The food was average. I don’t know how some of the other reviews could say it was the best they ever had.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lompoc, California
“Delicious Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

This food was delicious. I go there a lot and i always get the combo burrito with shredded beef. it is delicious. it also has very good service. if someone doesn't like this restraunt, they have no taste buds. Best mexican place in Lompoc!

Santa Barbara, CA
“Professional Chef FINALLY finds good local Mexican restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

I've lived in Lompoc for almost five years now and when people ask me where to go out to eat here, I always chuckle. Besides good Thai/Lao at Suvan's and a decent burger at Tom's I always reply, "Nowhere! It's all terrible!" I haven't been to Susie's because I've given up after too many attempts and finding it closed.

I went last night to Angela's after reading online reviews and was not disappointed. Sra. Alma, the owner is a true treasure. This is a family operated restaurant and you can actually tell that they take pride in their work, which I assure you is a breath of fresh air in this town. The space is small, comfortable and above all CLEAN, as is the kitchen. The menu is small as well, but being a classically trained professional chef I truly appreciate that: I'm tired of enormous, overwhelming menus that are so scattered and varied that I just know the kitchen isn't going to master any one of the items! All of the basics are present, thoghtfully plated and well prepared. Sra. Alma's warm service truly makes you feel as though you are a welcome guest.

Don't expect this to be a high-end. fine dining restaurant because it's just not. It's perfect for those of us who like to go out to an excellent meal for a terrific price and be welcomed warmly and genuinely. I'm sorry to those who didn't feel their ranch dressing lived up to their expectations, but as for me and my spouse...we cannot wait to go back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Great place to come and eat everyone is welcome :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Great Food,Great People all around makes you feel like your at home. Ranch is delicous espaically the house dressing! Waitresses are super nice espically Alma! i reccomened going to have great mexican food homemade tortillas, chile rellenos are made their as well! Chile colorado is excellent!
*********if your gonna go to the resturant with a nasty attitiude if i were you i wouldnt bother going at all!******

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere