“Enjoyed our stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Lompoc
Denver, Colorado
“Enjoyed our stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2008

Spotted the hotel as we drove through town after sunset.
Based on previous Holiday Inn Express we booked it and were not disappointed.
Some construction, renovation in progress... nice to see the ongoing improvements.
Nice breakfast the next morning included in the room rate.
Enjoyable one-night stay.

• Liked — Claen, good value
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2007

My friend and I stayed here one night in July 2007. We had a great room on the first floor, really comfortable beds, clean white sheets -- not a floral bedspread in sight, and nice furnishings. It almost looked like someone took page from a Pottery Barn catalogue and recreated it. Both of desk managers we dealt with couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. And the free morning breakfast was really good --- bacon and everything -- totally unexpected!

• Stayed July 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2006

The hotel doesn't look so good.
The security doesn't sound too good as well - there are notes in the rooms to lock the doors with 2 locks...
The windows wont open and the window shades are not moveable.
Inside the rooms were clean and manageable.
We did not have any trouble after all.
Breakfast was good.
If I have choice I wont go there again, but if there is nothing else around it's fine.

• Stayed April 2006
Moorpark, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2005

Just spent a weekend in Lompoc at this hotel.

Staff - Excellent - attentive, friendly, really couldn't ask for better service.

Extras - Included breakfast was wonderful - especially the "local specialty" (cheese omelets and bacon). Evening milk and cookies were fantastic, a nice touch.

Facilities - I have *never* seen a cleaner Jacuzzi. Pool was beautiful, too, but the weather was too cold for swimming. Small exercise room with two treadmills and a bike machine. Coin-operated laundry in rear of main building.

Rooms - *Very* large, if ours was typical. We had two queen beds in it, a dresser, TV, table, two chairs and fridge, and it still felt very spacious - more like a large studio apt. than a hotel room. Nice, clean bathroom, well-stocked.

Cleanliness - Strong smell of something like Fabreze everywhere. Probably a temporary measure in un-remodeled front bldg. to combat old smoke odors. Not unpleasant, just very strong. Carpet was a little worn but excellently maintained. The place was very, very clean. The new color scheme for the re-modeling looks nice. They have only 10 rooms done in the back building.

Location - Good, IMO - North end of town on the "main drag" (H street), across from a shopping center w/a Starbuck's, a few restaurants, a grocery store, gas station, etc. Denny's next door. Several restaurants within walking distance. Nothing upscale, but then there's nothing upscale in all of Lompoc in my experience, and I grew up there. :)

Price - Everything about the place worked except the price -we paid $108 ($118 with tax) and that's quite a bit higher than any of the other hotels in that same location. If you can find a deal on the price, I think it's an excellent moderate hotel for the Lompoc area. (The Embassy Suites is probably the nicest hotel in town, but that's another $20 to $50 /night over the Holiday Inn Express.)

Personally, I'll probably stay at Quality Inn & Suites for my next stay in Lompoc - it's two doors down, looked very nice (although the rooms are not as large, according to my sister who stayed there), and is $30 to $40 a night cheaper. If the price were competitive, though, I can't imagine a nicer little hotel to stay in while visiting Lompoc.

Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2005

I've stayed in at least 10 different hotels in the last year, and this was the best. (well, except for a 4 star!)

We were a few hours early and they let us check in at 1pm. We had a slight snafu. As we had 3 adults and 2 kids, I thought our reservation was for a 2 bedroom suite. Instead, the room was just a large room with 2 queens and a rollaway. I asked about this at the desk, and they switched us to 2 separate rooms totalling the same price. Excellent service!

Room was clean, no smoke odor anywhere. In fact, this is the only hotel I've seen that posts "No smoking on premises except in designated rooms." Included a large fridge and MW. The rooms are larger than at most hotels. The pool was excellent, though just 3.5 feet deep everywhere. The hot tub was HOT.

Breakfast the best I've had in a 2 or 3 star property. Besides the normal carbs, there were scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, yogurt, 5 juices and fresh fruit. Also several tea varieties. Free USA Today and local paper in lobby. 5 kinds of fresh baked cookies each evening! Starbucks across the street! What more could you ask for???

• Stayed August 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2005

I decided to check in here because of the good reviews, but was sadly disappointed. Everything looks great from the outside, but....

I tried to overlook my initial impression as I walked into the lobby - very dirty carpet, 3-4 toddlers running around screaming and yelling while parents sat over in the breakfast area and chatted, a mangled Holiday Inn Express sign on the wall behind the desk that looked like someone had taken a hammer to a couple of the letters to straighten them out, and no visible front desk clerk.

After the clerk came out from the back and I checked in I was given instructions to parking and another entrance close to my room on the other side of the building. The toddlers were still running around basically unsupervised screaming and yelling.

At the other entrance to a non-smoking floor, there were three people congregated around the entrance smoking up a cloud. As I was with my small daughter I did not want to walk her through that, so I turned around and entered back through the lobby again. By now the toddlers had discovered the brochure rack (just out of sight of their parents, but still in sight of the front desk clerk) and were flinging brochures from the brochure rack all over the floor by the entrance.

I walked down the hall to the room. The carpet was again dingy and dirty and there was a stale, pungent odor in the air that I just hoped was not present in the room. When I opened the door there was a similar odor hanging heavy in the air. I didn't even bother to check the room out beyond that. With that little attention by the management to cleanliness and detail, who would want to slip between their sheets?

Not a good place to stay for anyone who has any class and self respect. Probably ok for families who don't want to have to watch their children and are not concerned with cleanliness. I have stayed at motels that were nicer and I expected more from a Holiday Inn Express.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2004

Although the town of Lompoc was disappointing with little to do, and not a lot of good restaurants, the hotel was excellent. The staff couldn't have been friendly or more helpful. The room was large, and very clean. The evening milk and cookies was a real treat, we would go back for them alone! Breakfast was again excellent with a wide choice including cereal, pastries, eggs, yougurts etc. We would definately recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2004

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lompoc? Share your experiences!