“Excellent hotel...excellent stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Lompoc
Portland, Maine
“Excellent hotel...excellent stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Kind of a Western/adobe feel.
Staff was pleasant.
Rooms were clean.
There are a couple of steps when entering the lobby. So, if you have big luggage, you should enter on the right side ramp by the pool.
Would definitely stay again.
: -)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

We had 2 nights at the hotel. The room was spacious with a good bed and a very well functioning bathroom. The view from the room was nothing special - we had a look over the parking to the Panda restaurant, where we had good dinner.
Breakfast was fine with a lot of options.

• Stayed September 2012
Corona, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

When we arrived our room was not ready. We had to wait for over 30 minutes for them to finish cleaning the room. We were assigned a ground level room (not what we wanted). I requested an upper level room, but according to the front desk guy they are fully booked. Meanwhile, their parking lot was practically empty. So he stuck us in the room next to the stairs, exit, storage room, and vending machines. The worst possible location for us! As we entered the room, we were greeted by a musty, damp, moldy smell. Upon close inspection, we noticed that the carpet was dingy and stained, the headboard
dusty, and a large cricket camping atop the fold out sofa bed. My allergies began to act up. Thankfully we're only staying a night!

• Stayed September 2012
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Lompoc, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear IgnTravel,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you that we work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day, especially with the room accommodations you received.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Hotel was the best bet for us for our drive up the coast. Staying in Santa Barbara is a no go. After spending the day in SB we drove up to HI Express...worked out perfect. Next AM we went to Lompoc Four Square Church (excellent service) and then drove down to Solvang and had a great morning and breakfast...from there took our time driving to Cayucas. I accidently double booked...wasn't happy that they were not going to give me a break especially since I put a note in the second reservation asking to confirm if I had one already...however they did sell my room and gave me a credit...so no harm-no foul. I would stay here again...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed here in Lompoc overnight. I selected this hotel after reading reviews on the TripAdvisor site along with the best location to the event.

The hotel was clean and close to shopping and restaurants. The room was large with 2 beds and a sofa bed. The carpet showed signs of fading from the sunlight although the room looked newer, but otherwise the room was fine.

We had the breakfast the next day which had good attendance but the room was too small for all the tables and the hotel guests. I saw a few guests taking their breakfast out to their room which is a good option as we opted to eat in the dining area which felt cramped.

Overall it was a good experience and would stay again if in Lompoc.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

In our trip up the California coast, this was the only chain hotel that we stayed in. It was meant to be just a place to sleep during our drive from San Diego to Big Sur, but both Lompoc and the hotel were a pleasant surprise. Our room was huge, with a big bathroom and plenty of places to store our stuff, as well as ample outlets for recharging our phones and cameras. The bed was the most comfortable of our entire trip: king-size and very firm. Breakfast was good as well (cinnamon rolls!), although it was noisy in the breakfast room. We had an excellent dinner at Sissy's Uptown Cafe and enjoyed wandering around La Purisima mission the next morning (see separate reviews).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed here as a solo traveler on a California road trip. This was my favorite hotel on the trip. I was very impressed since I had requested hypoallergenic bedding and pillows and my request was acknowledged by the front desk when I checked in. Normally, at other hotels this request is completely ignored. I was impressed that the friendly, helpful staff cared about my comfort during my stay. Great location surrounded with shops and restaurants. Very clean and quiet. I felt very safe here as a solo traveler. Breakfast was great. Appreciated the microwave and refrigerator. If you have time, check out the many murals not too far from the hotel. Some are magnificent. Also, the mission is worth seeing. I drove to the flower fields and enjoyed what I saw. I heard that the fields are not what they once were since some of the seed companies have left Lompoc. While not as stunning as the fields in Carlsbad, it was still enjoyable to see them. I highly recommend this hotel. No complaints. Very pleased.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lompoc? Share your experiences!