“Great value great room nice staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Lompoc

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Lompoc to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Lompoc
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1020 E. Ocean Ave, Lompoc, CA 93436 (Formerly O'Cairns Inn)   |
Ranked #9 of 10 hotels in Lompoc
Santa Clarita, California
“Great value great room nice staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed for one night in their large king mini suite. Room was large and clean. Front desk was very nice and very helpful. Brought our new puppy and there was no additional charges. Very nice experience. Would stay again. Great value.

• Stayed July 2013

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn during our recent trip to California. We were there just for one night and it was just what we needed after a long drive. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, and the beds comfortable. The only complaints we had were that we were unable to connect to the hotel's Wi-Fi and the breakfast was mediocre.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We traveled to Lompoc, CA to work and the client had booked the hotel. We arrived at 1 am and received a card key inside a re-used dirty room key pouch with whiteout on it (which I thought was strange). When I entered the room I smelled a mix of deodorizer, vinegar, urine and sweat. As the seconds passed by the smell started getting really bad and I noticed the black stains on the carpet and the dirt around the room. There was even a dead fly on top of the air conditioner unit (probably trying to escape the room) I needed to use the rest room and I when I opened the door the smell of vinegar mixed with urine slapped me in the face. I felt nauseous and called the front desk to ask for cleaning supplies to clean the room myself. I told the girl I was going to the front desk to get the supplies but she insisted on bringing them to me to room 116. In the mean time I had already made up my mind that I would rather sleep in my car than stay inside the room. I started coughing and my throat was itching. My husband felt ill too. We looked online for other hotels in the area for the night and Thank God! the Holiday Inn Express had a room available. When I went to the front desk to leave the key, the girl was still sitting there (mind you she had told me 20 minutes ago she was bringing me the cleaning supplies). I informed her that the filth in the room was completely unacceptable and to please inform the owner that something needs to be done. Completely disgusting and sickening. Do not even think of bringing children or the elderly to this hotel or you might need to go to the hospital after.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Redondo Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

. . . I would stay elsewhere, just in case.

Four people, two rooms. 96 degree daytime heat . . . one room had broken AC, the second room did not have it. One room smelled like sewage, the second smelled like urine. (I am not exaggerating)

When we asked the woman behind the desk about a cab, some random dude who was watching TV in the lobby stood up and recited the phone number, or actually recited two phone numbers, saying he was a cab driver and he should know the number, and that today was his day off. And he was spending it watching TV in the lobby of a red roof inn.

Came home from dinner, rooms were like ovens. Asked for a fan for one of the rooms, and the people behind the desk were completely amazed at our request. One had a flashlight, one had a screwdriver. They said they'd bring one up, then proceeded to run out the door and around the corner. I have no idea what they were doing. Maybe trying to repair someone else's AC? Well, they never supplied a fan. Oh, and that cab driver was still in the lobby, on the public computer, playing a video game. This was 3 or 4 hours after our first encounter.

In summation . . . This Red Roof Inn location is the reason why the franchise continues to be known as one of the bottom-feeders in the U.S. hotel industry. The very least a person expects when they stay in a hotel is a clean, comfortable experience. We had neither. We didn't expect luxury, just decency. I can't say if the other hotels in the area are any better, but I will never stay at this one again.

Room Tip: Don't choose one at this hotel?
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego Ca.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I must say the front desk was amazing. They were as helpful as any hotel I've visited ( I travel every week for work)Unfortunately the chain is only as strong as its weakest link.The bathrooms smelled really bad and we were fortunate to get a lightly scented one for the night we stayed prior to our company moving us due to numerous complaints. One co worker commuted back home verses staying here. I can't imagine the smell would be worse at the nearby federal prison. I think it may be a mold / urine mix and suggest that maybe the cleaning staff needs to make some adjustments. Possibly a toilet vent tube is clogged or ? EWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lehighton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

For the price and last minute need, this place fit the bill. We were supposed to camp at the beach, but the 50mph winds made setting a tent up impossible, so we headed to town and found the Red Roof Inn. They were finishing up a new paint job, so it looked spruced up. The gentleman at the front desk was very accommodating and gave us a room with 2 queens, a 3/4 size fridge and all of the other much needed and much welcomed accessories. Yes, it's and older property and a bit tired around the edges, but for the one night stay that we needed it was perfect. Don't expect the Taj Mahal, just expect some quiet comfort with a great staff.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the property are away from the highway traffic.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Acton, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The television didn't work in one of our rooms and the key didn't work in another. The woman at the front desk at night was very nice and tried to be helpful but ultimately couldn't. Her efforts elevated a terrible experience to poor, which is why this place got two stars instead of one.

The hotel is right on the main road and the rooms we had were on the street side, so you had to park on the other side of the building. This is not safe with little kids.

The lobby where they serve the included breakfast only had two chairs making it impossible for even our family of seven to eat together. The morning desk person was not friendly or helpful and made no effort to find more chairs or accommodate anyone.

We will not return.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay at this motel, make sure your room is not on the street side. There is no park...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Lompoc? Share your experiences!