“You get what you pay fro” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Lompoc

You added Red Roof Inn Lompoc to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Lompoc
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1020 E. Ocean Ave, Lompoc, CA 93436 (Formerly O'Cairns Inn)   |
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Lompoc
Port Townsend, Washington
“You get what you pay fro”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

What can I say: Wood rot, misalign stairs, cock roach visitor, lack of room cleaning, filthy pumping fixtures, creepy people walking around outside at night, electrical problems. Checked out early and found something else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lori M, Admin Assistant at Red Roof Inn Lompoc, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for notifying us of your experience. We strive to provide you with the best possible!
We're sorry that you experienced an unacceptable experience that prompted you to this survey, and we regret any inconvenience or frustration that your experience has caused you. To ensure the satisfaction of our guests, we have increased our room inspection measures to prevent our guests from any disappointments.
Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you'll continue to give us opportunities to serve you. Our goal is to make your stay enjoyable!!!

Thanks,
Jennifer Gilbert
Admin Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed there for 4 nights, three different rooms and they all had some sort of problem. in the morning after the first night the housekeeper knocked on our door even though we had the do not disturb sign, she was really rude. I spoke to the manager and she apologized, but did nothing to fix it. Come to find out she quit that morning. The shower didn't work, there was very little water pressure, the tile in the shower was falling off, no toilet paper, the heater didn't work, the towels they provide are skimpy, with 2 per room. Even with a 2 bed. And ashes on the night stand in a non smoking room. The location is not the best, when you have crack heads telling you they just got ran over by a truck, refused to get any help. And a drunk guy riding on his rusty bike, with plastic bags hanging from the handle bars, asking us for money. And even though the staff was very nice, they do not know how to enter coupon codes so we would of had a 10% deduction. Also when we complained about the shower, the owner only took 10.00 off the one day stay. Which is awful since we were unable to take a shower the 1st night. The check out time is 11, most places are 12, and at 9 you have housekeeping knocking on your door. There was breakfast from 6 to 9. They had waffles , which were good, but to get over there before 9 was difficult. For the price not bad. Not sure which place is better motel 6 or the red roof inn in Lompoc. If your on a budget, and don't mind the smell of burning crack and malt liquor, and have a permit for a concealed weapon, then this place is perfect and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013
Lori M, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Lompoc, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your honesty. I sincerely apologize for the issues you had to deal with while staying with our Red Roof Inn. Please know that we fairly recently just switched over to Red Roof and we are still undergoing some changes. That however does not make up for what you had to go through, and I do apologize for that. I hope that you do come back in the future and give us a chance to better accommodate you.

Jennifer G.
Irvine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Dont expect 5 star experience with 40 bucks a night. Room and sheets were neat and will all facilities. TV was in working condition. I dint expect more than that and I was satisfied.Overall, good value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lori M, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Lompoc, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your honesty! We do greatly appreciate you being our guest and we hope to see you again soon at our Red Roof Inn!

Napa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is the worst hotel we have ever experienced. Some things were not evident immediately during our check-in on December 2, 2012, and when we returned to the room after dinner it was too late to make changes. We stayed in Room 121, a non-smoking room, that had an odd smell. The entrance is from the street, so the carpet is filthy. We noticed abandoned junk outside in the walkways such as a broken pet carrier and several empty beer containers. The shower did not drain properly, and there was 4-5 inches of water in the tub during the shower. We later noticed the smoke detector was pulled from the ceiling and was missing, and there were burn marks on the furniture. We pulled down the bedspread as it did not appear clean. The worst of all was what appeared to be a smear of feces on the yellow blanket. The alarm went off at 5 a.m., and the only way to turn it off was to pull the plug from the wall. The noise beginning at 6a.m. was incredible with people talking loudly and slamming doors. The hotel refunded half of the cost, but nothing could make up for such a dirty, poorly maintained hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay at the Red Roof Inn. There is not much in Lompoc for dinner either. It would be better...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the condition that you found your room in. Please know that it was not up to our standards and is not an experience that you should have had to go through. I would like you to know that measures are being taken to improve the quality of your stay. On behalf of the whole hotel, I apologize.

Whittier, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Well first of all for the price really can't complain plus they offered complimentary breakfast which was a plus, however I didn't get to enjoy it. When I arrived they gave me my room key as I opened the door the room was either still occupied or it hadn't been cleaned up yet. So I went back to the front desk and I don't know if she didn't believe me or what. So she said I will be back & after a few minutes she gave me a new room. I was really surprised at the spacious room along with a fridge and coffee maker and a small table with two chairs. The hotel decor is a lil old. But overall good.

Room Tip: If you are not a picky person and you are willing to stay at a descent location it is worth what you...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your response. I am sorry your first room was not what it should have been, but I am glad to know the second room was better. I assure you we are taking measures to make sure this doesn't happen again. We look forward to seeing you again!

Tularosa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We booked at Red Roof Inn because we'd always found them to be high quality. Not this one! We arrived late at night and exhausted. When we opened the door to our room, we were assailed by the odor of perfumed spray trying and failing to mask the underlying pungent stench of God-only-knows-what. The threads that remained in the ancient, turquoise carpet were covered in uncountable spots of some oily-looking black substance. My husband insists that someone rebuilt a transmission in the room. There was a tiny table with one filthy little chair. The bathroom door was sticky to the touch. The bed was three mattresses high. The street noise was horrible. But the worst was the horrendous stench of urine mixed with some undefinable chemical smell. It literally- yes I mean literally in the correct sense - burnt my nostrils. I could not sleep. At 4 in the morning, I hunted for another motel, found a beautiful Days Inn on H street, booked it and checked out of the Red Roof. The fight for my money back was three days long, but I got it after calling the corporate office and filing a complaint.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Buena Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I found that the beds were wonderfully comfortable. Unfortunately, the room that I was in (Nov. 23rd), the carpeting was filthy. It has a stain in the carpeting and was just filthy.
And trying to breakfast was disappointing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn Lompoc? Share your experiences!