“Another Good Embassy Suites” 4 of 5 stars

Wine Getaway Package
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Lompoc
GreenLeadersBronze level
Woodbridge, United States
“Another Good Embassy Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Arrival and checkin was very fast and easy -- I did not realize it was complete they were so fast. The room was typical Embassy Suites, which is above average for the cost. The $3.50 bottle of water was the only negative. Should have been more like $2. The bathroom was adequate, although the exhaust fan was noisey. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed here with my daughter and grandbaby. Our room overlooked a fountain area that looked like a tropical paradise and sounded even better.The pool was crystal clear, the staff truely made you feel at home with great service, clean atmosphere, very nice breakfast and an awsome bed (we all slept like babies...even the baby!!) Great getaway.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The price of the room was ok considering it was a "suite" with breakfast. The staff at the front desk was great. The chef in the restaurant and housekeeping staff were also great and responded quickly to requests. I left my coat in the room and when I called back, they located my coat and worked with me to ship it back.

The property and furnishings are another story...
The rooms need a good deep clean and a scrub. The sofa is tired. The desk chairs are old and sit too low. The desk chair on wheels didn't raise or lower. The room was very stuffy and smelled like smoke and a musty basement. Thankfully, I had the Lisol and Febreze to work on it. The blanket had cigarette burns, so we requested a new one which housekeeping brought quickly. The new blanket had holes in it :(

The breakfast was ok but in comparison to other Embassy Suites, no comparison. There is one cook to prepare the pancakes, french toast, eggs/omlettes, and toast. The line was too long even though he worked fast. He was doing the job of 2. The seating was a little cramped and breakfast on Sunday ended at 10AM which I felt was too early.

I know this is Lompoc and there aren't alot of options, but people tried to tell me to stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Supposedly it is nice. I refused and chose Embassy Suites based on my past experience with the brand. Wrong move. Not all are created equal. Try the Holiday Inn. I hear it's nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Mclean, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is an appology of an Embassy Suites hotel - it looks like and feels like a cheap motel for truckers. The rooms are noisy with frogs making loud noises through the night, the internet does not work from the bedroom. However, the breakfast is quite good. The rooms are small compared to any other Embassy Suites, the parking on the sides is quite shady, the bathroom does not flush well. How bad can an Embassy Suites be - this one.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

GM_GMGolda, General Manager at Embassy Suites Lompoc - Central Coast, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our suites. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Though you had a disappointing experience, we are happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We got the room at a very good rate, but it was dark and cramped. The sink was in the bedroom, weird. The walls are very thin and the place definitely needs a good scrubbing and some refurbishing. One bright spot: The short order cook named Sonny was cooking up a storm on a very busy Sunday morning. There was a very long line and he kept all the orders straight and was friendly, to boot. It's the reason I gave the hotel 3 stars.

Green Features: There was a blue recycle container in the room. Helpful.
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Very nice hotel; complimentary breakfast and evening reception are very good. However, thin room walls: I clearly heard casual conversations in next room. Coffee maker in my room was broken (which I discovered at 4 AM). Reported to manager and was told it would be taken care of. However, when I returned to my room in the evening, it was not changed. Nice lobby, restaurant, pool, but rooms a little "tired."

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Liexlip, Kildare, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I'll be travelling with my girlfriend and some friends from Lake Tahoe to LA in mid June and we've been searching for a cheap and cheerful place to break up the two day journey. One of our friends suggested this hotel based on its price; which is very good. Naturally, I was skeptical due to the disparity in price between the Embassy Rooms and other similar hotels along the way - especially as many are already booked out. So, to investigate further I arrived here. And the Manager's response to each and every review pretty much seals the deal for me. What a great way to conduct business. That's the primary reason I'll be booking a room here today. I'll give a follow up review on the place after I've stayed.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Embassy Suites Lompoc - Central Coast? Share your experiences!