“Adequate hotel. Don't expect same as with larger Embassy Suites” 3 of 5 stars

Wine Getaway Package
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Lompoc
GreenLeadersBronze level
los ángeles
“Adequate hotel. Don't expect same as with larger Embassy Suites”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Clean, except inside drawers. Nice garden area. Our rooms were very small. 'Living room' crowded; it would be really claustrophobic to open a sofa bed there. Weak lighting. Inadequate breakfast facilities. Long lines. Not up to Embassy Suites snuff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Timothy W, General Manager at Embassy Suites Lompoc - Central Coast, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you so much for posting about your trip. I must agree with your comments about breakfast being so popular. With a comfy bed, a lot of our guests do like to sleep in and seem to all make their way to breakfast at the same time. Making it downstairs at the start of the breakfast is the one tip that I like to pass on to all of our weekend guests. Hopefully your next trip to the Lompoc - Central Coast area will be at a time when the hotel is a little less busy and you can partake in one of our famous Embassy omelets! Also, if you are looking for a suite with a little more room in the bedroom area, I recommend looking into a King Executive Non Smoking! They have a great additional seating area in the bedroom. If we can ever be of any service, don't hesitate to reach out to us at LOMCA_GM@hilton.com.

Lompoc - Central Coast

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here Thanksgiving weekend to do some wine tasting in the Santa Ynez Valley. The price was much more reasonable than others in the area. The first night the hotel was doing some repairs in the room next door at 9:20 PM. Thankfully it was finished by 10. We requested a room away from the pool but were placed right next to it. The hotel was made up of two courtyards, one around the pool and the other around a garden area, which was very peaceful. The separate bedroom had a small sitting area. There was a door in the bedroom leading out to a faux balcony. There was only a thin curtain covering this door so we could not keep the bedroom dark after sunrise. The sink was outside of the bathroom in the bedroom area. There was very little counter space and no drawers for the sink. The living room and sitting area lamps had plugs, which is very convenient to charge all of the electronics we inevitably bring along. There was an evening reception even on the weekend. The first night nachos were served and the second there was an assortment of vegies, chips, crackers, cheese, olives, and dip. The breakfasts cooked up by Sonny were great. Sonny was wonderfully attentive and friendly. Embassy Suites are typically nicer than average hotels but this one was a little run down overall.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Timothy W, General Manager at Embassy Suites Lompoc - Central Coast, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us invaluble feedback about your stay at our hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear that our service, staff, and complimentary services met your evey expectation!

It is with great excitment that I am please to anounce that the hotel has plans in the works for our guest rooms to be receiving a face lift in 2013. This will include refinishing our Spanish colonial style furnishings that match the decor of the hotel and new guest room carpeting. Soon to follow, we will also be updating our soft seating as well!

Once our upgrades are complete, I hope that you will reconsider the Embassy Suites Lompoc - Central Coast to be your home away from home. I'm sure you'll love our soon to be revitalized guest rooms!

Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to being of service again!

Warmest Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

If your travels ever take you to the central coast the hotel is a great place to stay for wine tasting, Solvang or Santa Barbara....Great value..team members could not have been any more helpful and the morning breakfast is an added bonus....along with the evening reception...we will stay here every time we visit the central coast. Great value. nice pool and spa...in the center of the complex so no wind...as this area is known for it's wind...great location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Beandog1,

Thank you so much for your positive comments about our hotel! We hope you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to you coming back again in the near future!

Warmest Regards,
Aliso Viejo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

For the money and the location, I booked anticipating a fairly nice hotel. Had it not been an Embassy Suite I may not have been as disappointed but it was. Parking in the rear does not afford any sense of security; the iron gate getting into the complex opened to a pond with.....frogs? Not sure if sound effects genuine or recorded but frogs? The rooms were old and furnishings uncomfortable.

• Stayed April 2013
Timothy W, General Manager at Embassy Suites Lompoc - Central Coast, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Anne,

I appreciate you taking the time to review my hotel on your recent stay with us. It was troubling to read that we failed to meet your expectations.

I certainly agree that a feeling of security and an enjoyable atmosphere are important to having an enjoyable stay. Rest assured that the hotel does have security personnel on staff and that our parking lots are patrolled regularly to ensure guest safety. As for the frogs, they are 100% real! Frogs are very prevalent in the Lompoc area, especially being near to so many water features, such as marshlands, storm channels, and riverbeds that lead to the nearby ocean. Some nights we wish there was a volume control, but I personally have come to learn that it gives the hotel a unique sense of character in our courtyard area.

This year we have some very exciting plans in the works to give our guests rooms a new facelift! Thanks again for staying with us. I hope you will be kind enough to give us a second chance once we have completed our upgrades.

Very Respectfully,

Fort Mill, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Okay, so with this review, I think I'll just list the positives and the negatives.
Here's the good:
-The bed was extra comfortable and the linens felt nice.
-The staff was friendly.
-Cook to order breakfast is always a plus.

And the bad:
-The room and bathroom smelled sour upon entrance. This seemed to fade from awareness after a little while of being in the room but was noticeable every time we re-entered the room.
-Our room faced the back of a shopping strip which wasn't a huge deal as I didn't care about having a nice view. However, it became an issue around 9pm when a few bass bumping, stereo blaring cars parked back there. Hearing the noise, I peeked out my curtains and saw a couple cars. One guy standing next to the driver's window of a car, slipping something into his hand and then receiving a small baggie of something from him in return.I promptly shut my curtains and hoped whatever sketchy business was occurring would soon be finished. It was and soon, silence returned. But not for long. The same bass bumping car that was handing out baggies returned not once, not twice but MULTIPLE times for the next several hours, each time with a different car meeting it there. Now, this wasn't actually happening on Embassy Suites property so I tried not to let it affect the overall rating too much in this review but this was still a point of distaste for me.
-For a late night snack, we went down to the little market shop in the lobby and grabbed snacks. Back up in our room, we opened our hot pockets to microwave them and were disgusted to find them moldy! So gross. The girl working the front desk did promptly let us trade for mac and cheese and she immediately pulled the remaining hot pockets from the freezer so no one else would purchase the moldy food.

Overall, it was an okay stay, not fabulous. Thankfully, it was just a quick one night stop.

Room Tip: Do NOT get one that backs up to the shopping strip behind the hotel!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We just booked this hotel for the night of April 27th, and I've been reading reviews and getting increasingly happy that we chose this hotel for our ONE night away from the kids this year. I have to say though, that what is impressing me the most as I scroll through the reviews, is the response to each one by the manager of the hotel. I've never seen that on any of the reviews that I've read for hotels. I know that whenever I have a negative experience traveling, the reaction of the management towards my complaints makes all of the difference in the world as to whether or not I will return. Things break and problems happen, but if I get the sense that the management doesn't give a darn, I will never give them a second chance. Hats of to this manager for understanding (as so many hotel managements have not yet seemed to grasp,) that online reviews mean more than just about anything now, when customers are choosing a hotel that they've never visited before. I'm looking forward to my visit!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Timothy W, General Manager at Embassy Suites Lompoc - Central Coast, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Carlfan99,

Thank you so much for your kind words! It is so great to know that my follow ups are read and appreciated. It is my personal belief that listening to customer feedback is key to improving guest service overall. I hope you enjoy your upcoming stay with us and should you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We visit our neice in Lompoc and have stayed here several time and have been very pleased with our stay. The propery has character - nice pond and pool areas ... rooms are good size for a couple or a family, and are clean and comfortable. They have a great complimentary happy hour and full breakfast which saves $$ ... and they're VERY generaous ... make great drinks just about anything you could want for breakfast. We prefer the rooms at the back of the property - sliding glass doors open to a back parking lot so you have easy access to your car. Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the review about your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Lompoc - Central Coast! I'm so glad you had an enjoyable stay that met your every need and that our staff made you feel right at home. We look forward to being of service to you again when your travels bring you back to the Lompoc area.

Lompoc - Central Coast

Been to Embassy Suites Lompoc - Central Coast? Share your experiences!