“OK but can be noisey” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Lompoc
SANTA BARBARA
“OK but can be noisey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I stayed at the Travel Lodge in Lompoc for 2 nights. I booked about three weeks in advance and asked for a quiet room away from traffic. There are about 80 rooms at the hotel and only about 15 face the main road. That was one of the ones I got. I asked to be changed but they said they were full. However, not everyone had checked in (you could tell by the parking lot) but they didn't move me. Other than that the place was OK. The room was on the small side, but clean. The bed was a little soft (I prefer firm), but OK. All in all, it was OK. Other than the street noise, the place is average. If you are sensitive to noise, be sure to ask (demand) a room away from the street (they have plenty). For the money, it's an acceptable place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are much quietier.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Temecula, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Fresh paint and updated - hardwood floors, plantation shutters, tile/granite in bath, crown molding.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We were in the beautiful Santa Ynez valley looking at homes and we brought our dog Since it was a 3 1/2 hour trip from our home in the South, we were not in any mood to return that evening. With a dog we found that if we drove to Lompoc, the Travelodge would accomodate us.

Due to a DISGUSTING experience at another Travelodge and our only other experience with them, I was very very nervous and had redetermined to drive back rather than repeat.

The girl at the desk was very nice and accommodating. They welcomed us and Cabbie and gave us the keys.

The room was very nice!!! Nice linens, a soft bed, nice modern bath (ours was the handicapped room) and something that all motels and hotels should consider, laminate flooring (or choose hardwood if you're a hotel). It was clean and NO FLEAS, NO STAINS, NO FILTH (see other Travelodge review). Sure it's a Travelodge but truly it was lovely and for $95 what more can you exect?

Breakfast was English muffins, cereal, hard boiled eggs. hot waffles, juice, coffee. Very much appreciated.

The only negative is that our bathroom smelled like urine. It was clean but since it was the handicapped room there was mold on the shower curtain which gave off the odor.
The only other negative is that they take dogs (extra fee), however there is no grass. Only a little grassy area that says "KEEp OFF GRASS" That made no sense to me.

Room Tip: Not the nicest of neighborhoods, next to a Circle K, I'd choose a room AWAY from the Circle K or...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London , UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

It's a Travelodge , not the Hilton and you get what you pay for. But this is definitely an above average Travelodge. The rooms are nice - they are very clean and the beds very comfortable.

There is a nice pool that catches the sun all afternoon. There's a good selection of fruit, cereals and pastries for breakfast - and a waffle iron of course. The coffee isn't bad , though it was shame that only stryrofoam cups were provided.

There's a handy 7-11 right next door.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The rooms were a surprise for the price. They are small, yes, but very aesthetically pleasing. It is a quiet area and the staff was very accommodating. Lolita, the front desk staff, was very friendly and helpful. The staff in the breakfast room made sure that there was enough of what we wanted. The breakfast is a general continental, so don't expect anything hot other than the waffles or toast. Since we're traveling with our kids, I was happy to see a second waffle maker that allows you to make four small waffles. Ah, the little things! :) Overall, a pretty good experience.

Stayed June 2014
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to cancel Vegas, and go visit my family in Santa Barbara Memorial Day weekend. We were searching for a short road trip and decided to try Lompoc for their Wine Ghetto. On booking.com this hotel got a 7.6 review. The photos looked nice enough, so my friend booked the room for one night. $88 with taxes, etc. For the price and stars we chose this one. Next door was a convenient Circle K. We actually got to check in by 1p.m. The front desk clerk and a maid were checking the list of clean rooms when we arrived. The clerk was nice and apologized for the wait. We were given room 206. We decided to split the cost between us and each paid half on our debit cards. The room is an upgrade from Motel 6 furnishings. We had a minifridge, a microwave and coffee maker plus a nice flat screen TV and plenty of outlets. I sleep on a waterbed at home, so I can have problems sleeping on a regular bed. I must say these mattresses were comfortable. We asked for extra blankets and extra shampoo. We also had decent WIFI in the room. My tablet and cell would connect. We brought our bags and things to the room, then went out to the nearby Wine Ghetto. It is a short 5 minute walk from the hotel and is behind the hospital. We got back a few hours later and turned on our air conditioner as it was stuffy in our room. The problem was the air conditioner would shut off after less than 10 minutes and not come back on. We called the front desk about the problem. We went to the desk and were offered room 210. So we thought about it and said yes and moved our stuff around the corner to room 210. The desk clerk even helped us move. We then relaxed an hour or so with TV and found we could not connect to their free WIFI. One of the other employees who originally checked us in said they had trouble with WIFI in that particular room. We called the front desk and reported it. The clerk said she would re-set the WIFI. A few hours later and no connections to WIFI we went out for dinner at a local Italian restaurant. In the parking lot on our return we could get WIFI on our cell phones. However once in the room again it still did not connect. Another phone call to the front desk. We had also discovered that our coffeemaker in room 210 was broken and the door on the microwave was chipped. We went down to the office and were told we could have room 206 back. We were told they were full and had 10 more reservations coming in. We thought about it, and went back to room 206 as it had working air and working internet. By this time we did not need the air. However we had no toiletries in the original room now and no hairdryer. UGH. We had some small flies in our room from when we checked in. We were told that happened when housekeeping had the door open and was cleaning the room before we originally checked in. Then we were given a $30 refund ($15 each). The night clerk said she would contact her manager about a possible additional refund. Again she was so nice and apologetic We also had really crappy hot water in the shower and terrible water pressure. There was no switch for the fan in the bathroom.

The next morning my friend went for coffee and brought us some back to the room. I threw on my shoes and went down to the breakfast room. It was jam packed with other people from the hotel. I found there was no orange juice in the breakfast room. I barely got to have two mini muffins. The original desk clerk was there on her day off staffing the breakfast room and told me they had run out.

When we went to check out I walked in and I said "Do we get the award for having the most problems with our room?" The clerk took both our telephone numbers and my friend's email as we were leaving to go to Solvang and Santa Barbara on our way back to Riverside. She said she was on duty until 4p.m. We checked out and left. Neither of us got a phone call. The following day my friend had an email that said the manager would not authorize any additional discounts on the room.. I replied that that was too bad and that I would probably not recommend this particular hotel to any of my friends.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Travelodge Lompoc? Share your experiences!