“Had a good meal and service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 100 Restaurants in Lompoc
Cuisines: American
Colorado Springs
“Had a good meal and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We went there at 4pm and were sat imediately. Looks like a busy place after 4:30 pm but still no wait. The food was very good and the service was excellent. we got the appetiser and meal for 2 at $24 and the portions were perfect. I had a steak and my wife had ribs and they were cooked perfectly. Our waitress, Jocelynn, was attentive and had a contagious smile, always being there when we needed refills and I observed that the staff were team players helping out at the tables as needed. I will be going again and asking for Jocelynn to wait on us. We left with a smile. We read the negative comments posted before and were unsure of going here, but were very glad we did. I would recommend this place to my friends.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lompoc,Ca
“A new place to eat in Lompoc”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

We had dinner here for the first time with our son and his wife. We received great service from our waitress but they are working on getting the food to you in a timely manner. The Manager was very cordial and indicated they were working to make everyone's visit enjoyable and worry free. The place has only been open a short time and is a big plus to the residents of Lompoc who have many Pizza and Mexican places to go but almost no regular restaurants. We are looking forward to returning soon and having a great experience.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Barbara, CA
“Big Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Lompoc is a dining wasteland, and we had high hopes that this could be an option, not for fine dining but just an enjoyable meal after work. We waited until it had been open for a few weeks. Every time we had driven by there was a line out the door.

We arrived on a tuesday about 6:00 p.m. We were seated immediately. Someone came within a reasonable period of time to take a drink order. From there it went down hill. After the drinks arrived we ordered our dinners. My husband ordered French Onion soup, based on the picture on the menu (topped with cheese and croutons). He also ordered a VERY RARE steak. The soup arrived with no toppings... more like Liptons French Onion packaged soup. The steak was well done. The steak I ordered medium was medium well and was tasteless. I was never asked if I wanted soup or salad.

Neither of us ate our meal and we were hungry. We registered our complaints with the Manager on duty and she took the appropriate action on our bill. Again disappointed at the dining options in Lompoc. Please somebody open a fine dining restaurant in this town!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lompoc, California
“inconsistent food issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

First trip to Applebees was 2 weeks after they opened. Arrived at 1:20pm to a gal waiting at the foyer door, she was holding it open and greeting us. We were seated immediately at a booth and asked for our beverage order as we looked over the menu. I ordered a Sam Adams Boston Lager and wife ordered Ice Tea. At first the server said they only had the seasonal beer, but when told it was on the menu as a bottle she went back and checked, coming back with my beer. She was friendly, but lack of training seemed obvious. I asked for a cold glass, and she brought it with an orange slice mounted on the glass so I had to remove it and wipe the inside of the glass out before pouring my beer. I told the server Sam Adams is not served with an orange slice, that is for beers like shock top. We ordered lunch specials. I ordered the 1/2 roast beef sandwich with wine/mushrooms and spicy shrimp pasta, wife ordered spinach salad and chicken mac & cheese. Food arrived within 15 minutes, and was very good, I was impressed. My pasta was not the type I preferred, but it was very tasty and shrimp cooked properly. Wife enjoyed her food as well.

Second trip was a week later (yesterday) so 3 weeks after opening. Arrived at 12:20pm to no one at the foyer door, boiling hot foyer, and 2 gals holding menus (one yawning). One gal seated us right away at a booth and told us our server would be with us soon, Our server (Bree?) came right away, very friendly and bubbly personality, and she asked for our beverage order as we looked over the menu. I again ordered a Sam Adams Boston Lager and wife ordered Ice Tea. This server brought out the Tea and said she'd be right back with my beer, and this time she brought my beer and a cold glass without the orange slice. I liked the sandwich last time, but wanted fries with it, so ordered the full roast beef sandwich with fries, wife again ordered the spinach salad and chicken mac & cheese. Food took around 45 minutes to arrive, but this time my sandwich was over toasted, meat was not sliced but ground up, and there were only 2 slices of wine/mushrooms on it. Wife's mac & cheese was not the same either, there was mac, but hardly any cheese on it. After a few bites our server came to ask how everything was, so I told her. She right away wanted to comp my meal, but I told her that was not the point, I was telling her because they have a consistancy issue that needs to me addressed and corrected. She brought the manager over and I repeated the report. She too wanted to comp my meal and I again said why I was reporting this issue. She appreciated the input and wanted to let us know they will be correcting it because they really want the local business and support. I was impressed with their attentiveness, and told the manager they really needed to keep Bree on staff when they make their staffing cuts, because she was a breath of fresh air.

They ended up comping my meal anyway, so I just added the meal amount to our servers tip, she was that good.

Needless to say, we will give them another try in a week or so, and hopefully the inconsistent food issue will have been resolved.

• Visited October 2013