“Consistently Good” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 100 Restaurants in Lompoc
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Monrovia, California
“Consistently Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I visit the Santa Ynez area every few months for wine tasting and we go to Sissy's frequently.

It is small and quaint and not fancy but the food is fabulous and the service is great. You can carry on a conversation and not have to shout because it is quiet and a nice way to end a day of wine tasting. It is the best place in Lompoc and I wish they were open for breakfast.

Don't miss the coconut cream pie. Home made and not too sweet.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

lmpoc
“Tried it again and paid $42 for two turkey sandwiches - Seriously?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

At the encouragement of the owner, I tried Sissy's again. Mind you, I really want to like this establishment because it brings some much needed sophistication to the area. Unfortunately, the food is fair at best and the prices are so expensive that I cannot recommend Sissy's anymore.

Two turkey sanwiches - both extremely dry and bland. Toast and sliced deli meats with cranberry
Two ice teas - nothing special - lipton (they did fill it often as it was needed to wash down dry toast)
One piece of German Choc cake - hardly could call it chocolate ($7 for that alone)

$42 included tip..............I walked out wondering what I paid for....For $42 I could have had sushi dinner for two or a really nice steak dinner with all the trimmings and a glass of pinot.

They ought to call it "Sorry's"

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lompoc, California
“Bad Luck”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This place looks really nice so I thought I would try it out. We had a nice waiter and my wife liked her food but could not finish it. So I ate hers also. I don't which entree made me sick but I suffered for two days afterwards.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Southern, CA.
“Best steak I ever had”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We ended up in Lompoc by mistake and the desk clerk at the Embassy Suites told us if we wanted a great steak to go to Sissy's Uptown Cafe. We did and it was really tender enough to cut with a fork. It was a strange location and seating was odd, but the food was wonderful.

The waiter was attentive and kind, the only thing that was not quite right was the price. I think for the area and for the amount, (Salad or soup extra) was just was a bit too high. Other than that we had a nice meal and left happy. If you happen to go to Lompoc try Sissy's Uptown Cafe just bring about 100.00 for a couple.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Barbara, California
“Good food but needs update”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I recently went here for dinner on a Saturday night. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable about the dishes. I had a chicken pasta dish with a cream sauce. The dish was tasty but the cream sauce was very heavy on butter. I could see the butter separating from the sauce. I honestly could not tell what was chicken and what was an artichoke heart, as the cream sauce drenched the plate and everything coated in the sauce tasted the same. We weren't impressed with the cold bread either that is given before the meal. My husband's steak he said was good but a little on the dry side. He had potatoes and asparagus with his meal. Overall, we would rate dinner a 7 out of 10 and the restaurant decor a 5 out of 10.

• Visited August 2012