“Good food but needs update” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 100 Restaurants in Lompoc
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Santa Barbara, California
“Good food but needs update”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I recently went here for dinner on a Saturday night. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable about the dishes. I had a chicken pasta dish with a cream sauce. The dish was tasty but the cream sauce was very heavy on butter. I could see the butter separating from the sauce. I honestly could not tell what was chicken and what was an artichoke heart, as the cream sauce drenched the plate and everything coated in the sauce tasted the same. We weren't impressed with the cold bread either that is given before the meal. My husband's steak he said was good but a little on the dry side. He had potatoes and asparagus with his meal. Overall, we would rate dinner a 7 out of 10 and the restaurant decor a 5 out of 10.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Doesn't live up to expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

We went here for dinner after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. The food was good, but not sublime. Certainly not for the money it costs. The pies were good, but we both have had better desserts. So, all in all we don't think you get a lot of value for money. It is nice though. And maybe better than other alternatives in Lompoc.

“Charming local atmosphere and personal service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Recommended by the folks at Loring Winery in the Wine Ghetto, this turned out to be a perfect story for a relaxing lunch. Substantial sandwiches, homemade soups, and baked on the premises desserts. Yum.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
lmpoc
“Good alternative to greasy spoons but needs menu reinventing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

been coming to Sissy for 5 years and I still am offered pretty much the same fare. yes, it's cute for metrosexuals to sit and enjoy a decent sandwich, soup, salad or dessert. Dessert is awesome, but they should maybe focus on main offerings and try a few new dishes/sandwiches.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Santa Barbara, California
“Unpretentious, friendly...and excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I love this place and have eaten here often for lunch or dinner, most recently in May, and we're heading there this evening. It's unpretentious, friendly, and the food is excellent...plenty of terrific choices, like a warm mushroom salad, lentil soup, fresh salmon. Sometimes my husband and I split our orders...an entree salad and the filet mignon, for example, and we are not left wanting. There's a good wine list, and the homemade pies...oh, the pies! My favorite is the coconut, which is the best I've ever had, and no others come close. The dining area is colorful and pleasant, casual, but perfectly appropriate for a nice evening out with friends. The place is right in the old part of Lompoc, well worth a detour.

• Visited May 2012