“TOTALLY AWESOME & BEAUTIFUL!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 21 Activities in Lompoc
Type: Farms, Ranch & Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Return to Freedom is dedicated to preserving the freedom, diversity and habitat of America's wild horses through sanctuary, education and conservation while enriching the human spirit through direct experience with the natural world.
Huntington Beach, California
67 attraction reviews
“TOTALLY AWESOME & BEAUTIFUL!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Just loved this place! The area is pretty and the horses are gorgeous!
If you love horses you have to stop by here!
Is it nothing less than awesome!!!

Visited July 2012

Santa Maria, California
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

What a great facility! What a brilliant idea! An organization and cause worthy of support. The tour was led by a well-versed, animated young lady. The interns and volunteers were happy to share their knowledge and experience. The resident cats were an added bonus!

Santa Barbara
“Don't Miss This!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Oh, my, what can I say that can possibly capture the essence of this beautiful, educational, and emotional experience? Our trip from Santa Barbara for the Freedom Wild Horse Sanctuary Tour was a top highlight of the summer for myself, my daughter-in-law, and my two grandchildren, ages 6 and 9. In the short span of 2 hours we learned so much about the plight of the wild horses in this country, of the different genetic groups, and of the importance of the family unit. Freedom's mission to preserve the freedom, the diversity, and the habitat of the wild mustangs is so incredibly important. Be prepared for hot weather, especially later in the summer. Wear closed shoes (it is dusty), bring a hat and water. Next for me will be the Wild Horse Walk in the spring.

Santa Barbara, California
“Wonderful visit to Return to Freedom, Wild Horse Sanctuary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We had a lovely visit from Santa Barbara. A nice drive to a very special place. To see a place dedicated to preserving wild horse genetic lines was an unexpected treat, and one that tied our American history to these horses. My daughter and I brought a picnic lunch, which we enjoyed after our walking tour. A very unique place to visit in this part of California

“Beautifully educational!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

I took my kids, ages 8 and 12 to "kids day" at the ranch. It was a great experience! We brought Grandma and is a fun memory for us all. The purpose is to create awareness and educate the kids, so we keep open spaces for wild horses to live.
It was mostly a flat walk, grandma is 71 and she was fine. I recommend bringing a light jacket regardless what time of year, the fog took a while to lift and we were forced to buy whatever they had available. Bring a printout of the map, gps does not work out there. It was easy to miss the entrance. Bring water on the walk/tour, I didn't and my kids got thirsty.
Those are my tips! It was fantastic!