“Very disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

After reading the previous reviews, I was looking forward to eating here, however I was very disappointed. I brought my in-laws here and we had a 7:30 reservation on a Saturday night. The decor was not terrible but old fashion for my taste and a little too much random stuff on the walls.

Once we were seated, it took 20 minutes before a waitress even brought us menus. They advertised selling local wines but when we tried to order, the waitrress told us they did not have their liquor license. We ordered iced tea instead (they do not carry lemonade) but had to wait another 20 minutes before we got our drinks.

Service was overall incredibly slow. We felt very neglected and waited long periods of time while the waitresses were no where to be found. Once we finally ordered my mother-in-law was told that they were out of baked potatoes! We ordered steaks and chicken and began waiting again. We finally recieved our food after 9pm and by that time we were starving! Although the food was alright, it was definitely not worth the trip. It may have been an off night for them but I was horribly embarassed that I brought my visiting family members here.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

sf bay area
“Friendly staff, loud and rambunctous dinners, disappointing food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I checked reviews but was disappointed in the food. Good enough but not really what we hoped fur. VERY LONG wait - told only two cooks as the reason. VERY LOUD dinning area.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, nice atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Food was very good, atmosphere was nice but the overall experience could have been just a bit better. I'll definitely go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Outstanding Steaks, Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Blacksmith is a "locals" kind of place with a warm, cozy atmosphere and friendly staff. I've eaten here twice and on both occasions I thought the filet mignon was one of the best I'd had in a long time: perfectly seasoned and cooked. On this occasions I tried the scalloped potatoes and they were excellent. I also really like the blue cheese dressing on their salads; it has a little different flavor I found quite delicious. One reviewer complained about the prices but in my experience steaks like these would cost far more in a larger city. Another reviewer thought the wine list was a little short; maybe so but there are still plenty of great local wines to choose from. If you are in Lompoc and you want a steak, this is your place to go, hands down.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lompoc, California
“Nice to have a good steak in Lompoc”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

If you are in Lompoc and want a good steak this is where you will want to go. Both my wife and I were very happy with our meals. The wine list could be updated but there are enough choices to make most people happy. They serve bread and butter while you are waiting which I liked. My wife loved her bleu cheese dressing while my Italian dressing tasted more like the store-bought Wishbone dressing but it was OK. Our meal only took about 15 minutes and I had just finished my salad when it arrived so their timing was perfect. My steak, baked potato and veggies were all perfect. My wife wasn't that excited about the scalloped potatoes but was happy with eveything else. We had the tiramisu for dessert which was also very good. The price was $80 for the both of us which included a bottle of wine, two steak dinners, and a dessert, which is what I'd expect to pay. We loved the atmosphere, They have a cool western theme going on and It's one of the nices decorated restaurants in Lompoc. The waitress and owner were very friendly and we were pleased with this experience. We will certainly return for more of their tasty steaks in the future.

• Visited December 2011