“Friendly staff, loud and rambunctous dinners, disappointing food” 3 of 5 stars

+1 (805) 735-9525
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
sf bay area
“Friendly staff, loud and rambunctous dinners, disappointing food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I checked reviews but was disappointed in the food. Good enough but not really what we hoped fur. VERY LONG wait - told only two cooks as the reason. VERY LOUD dinning area.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Good food, nice atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012 via mobile

Food was very good, atmosphere was nice but the overall experience could have been just a bit better. I'll definitely go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Outstanding Steaks, Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Blacksmith is a "locals" kind of place with a warm, cozy atmosphere and friendly staff. I've eaten here twice and on both occasions I thought the filet mignon was one of the best I'd had in a long time: perfectly seasoned and cooked. On this occasions I tried the scalloped potatoes and they were excellent. I also really like the blue cheese dressing on their salads; it has a little different flavor I found quite delicious. One reviewer complained about the prices but in my experience steaks like these would cost far more in a larger city. Another reviewer thought the wine list was a little short; maybe so but there are still plenty of great local wines to choose from. If you are in Lompoc and you want a steak, this is your place to go, hands down.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lompoc, California
“Nice to have a good steak in Lompoc”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

If you are in Lompoc and want a good steak this is where you will want to go. Both my wife and I were very happy with our meals. The wine list could be updated but there are enough choices to make most people happy. They serve bread and butter while you are waiting which I liked. My wife loved her bleu cheese dressing while my Italian dressing tasted more like the store-bought Wishbone dressing but it was OK. Our meal only took about 15 minutes and I had just finished my salad when it arrived so their timing was perfect. My steak, baked potato and veggies were all perfect. My wife wasn't that excited about the scalloped potatoes but was happy with eveything else. We had the tiramisu for dessert which was also very good. The price was $80 for the both of us which included a bottle of wine, two steak dinners, and a dessert, which is what I'd expect to pay. We loved the atmosphere, They have a cool western theme going on and It's one of the nices decorated restaurants in Lompoc. The waitress and owner were very friendly and we were pleased with this experience. We will certainly return for more of their tasty steaks in the future.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orcutt, California
“Best steak around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

We have several good steakhouses in the area, but this one is outstanding. The staff and owners are friendly, and always make us feel welcome! Sometimes we go just for appetizers and wine. So worth the trip.

• Visited October 2011