“Enjoyable atmosphere; disappointed no food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 100 Restaurants in Lompoc
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Santa Barbara, California
“Enjoyable atmosphere; disappointed no food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

After dinner at a local restaurant my husband and I wanted to relax with a glass of wine. Passed this place by and decided to try it out. There were several wines offered on the board but when we asked for a glass we were told they were not available. The owner poured us a few samplings of what she had to offer for the evening; we settled on a pinot. There were, however, a great selection of beer on tap. After having a couple of drinks we were excited to try something off the menu but were informed that there was no food being served any longer. The owner said perhaps in the future she may offer some cheese or small bites but she will not have a chef any longer preparing tapas. As the evening progressed a nice mix of people came and went. There are not many places in Lompoc with an atmosphere like this that is very enjoyable so when the owner said she was ready to close at 10 pm we were disappointed. We will definitely be going back to D'Vine.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lompoc, California
“A very nice place to relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Karen is always so pleasant, we appreciate her friendly and positive attitude. There is an extensive wine and beer list as well as options for those who want alcohol free beverages- somebody has to drive!

Visited May 2012
Arroyo Grande, California
“Wow!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Cool place. Nice atmosphere cozy, dark nice music playing at the perfect volume so that you can still have a conversation easily. Not only do they have wine but they also have a large selection of bottled beer as well as all 6 figueroa mtn beers on tap! Had the cali pizza. 8 good size slices enough for me and the hubby the crust is homemade & excellent. The pizza was 12 bucks... The red wines were mostly 10 - 13 bucks a glass ( dont remember the white prices) wish i could remember the name of the server who took care of our table as she was extremely informative and helpful! Will def be going back here soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
sf bay area
“Beautiful venue - clearly for locals not tourists”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Wanted light fair with wine. Called ahead, was assured options. However, menu extremely limited and wine average at best. Sad for a wine tasting bar so near to so many good wineries.

Beautiful venue - well decorated albeit 'tables' while interesting [wine barrels with glass tops] very uncomfortable for eating.

Food very average, too salty, although salad was very fresh.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chandler, Arizona
“would return when the season picks up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I showed up solo to this joint but it was very relaxed and a perfect wine drinking/hanging out/relaxing lounge-like place. I spoke to the owner and she was very knowledgeable and kind and I wanted to stay... however, the atmosphere was really dead. She was explaining that after the holidays that the town goes dead, so that's why her place was slow, quiet, empty, and why she had closed her kitchen. Total bummer to me because I was in the mood for good wine, some casual chit-chat and lounging before driving out to dinner later. I would return again when the season picks up because given the environment inside (decoration, wines offered, friendly owner/staff), I know I'd enjoy my time there. It also sounds like when she has the kitchen open, she has tapas-style dishes - something I think perfectly matches the intention of the place. So, yes, I would like to return when the crown picks up here.

• Visited January 2012