“This is probably the best Italian restaurant in the West Coast!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Monterey, CA
“This is probably the best Italian restaurant in the West Coast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I know this restaurant can easily be missed, every time we go to eat there, we think we have passed it! The last time we ate there, we kept driving down Redlands Blvd and began to wonder. I remembered that just when we are sure we are lost, we have arrived.

I know that people have complained about some of the pasta dishes and the lasagna. That is like going to a great steak house and ordering a hamburger! We have ordered just a couple of veal dishes and we really can't comment on much more of the menu. I have no idea how a restaurant in Loma Linda can serve such wonderful veal dishes, but they do. I am sure that they have wonderful other deserts, but we always order the creme brulee.

We visit the area a couple of times a year and we try to visit. It is the highlight of our trip. If you are down in the area for business or pleasure, you will really enjoy this restaurant. As the really great Italian restaurants go, this one is very upscale in its furnishings! This is one of the few really great Italian restaurants in the Southland!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Phoenix, Arizona
“Did not honor their own coupon”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I have never been able to eat at Napoli nor will I ever darken their door again. After cutting out their BOGO coupon from the paper, my husband and I went on a Sunday at noon. The place was very quiet. We were served our water, menus, and we made our selections. Per the coupon, Sundays were not excluded, nor was a lunch. I presented the coupon to the server who said it was not valid because it was a holiday. It was Mothers Day, which not being a mother, is just another Sunday to me. I pointed out that no where on the coupon did it state that Mothers Day was excluded.. Server said that everyone knows that Mothers Day, like Christmas is a holiday, so the coupon would not be accepted, and what did we wish to order. I said "nothing" and we got up and left. They lost us as patrons from that day forward.

Visited May 2011
Hayden Lake, Idaho
“Lousy banquet food - a real disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

We had about 20 family members to celebrate a birthday and chose 3 entrees off the banquet menu. Cost was $564 (with tip) and food was really lousy. The lasagna meat tasted like vege-meat and the pasta was slimy. The dish was bland. Several people who had the spinach canneloni said the cheese was "off" and tasted sour. We paid way too much for sub-par food. Would never eat here again. The service was good and we had a nice room which could be closed off from the rest of the restaurant but the food was just awful.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Socal
“Best lunch value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

I love coming here for lunch, you just can't beat it. The salmon caesar salad is my favorite but there's a ton of great chicken lunches available too if you're a little more hungry. The ambience s great, the service is outstanding, the food is excellent, and the prices are very reasonable.

The dinners are great too especially when they're doing a seafood special but unfortunately I don't get here often enough for dinner.

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dana Point
“Almost average never, to return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

I wanted to try this place For months read the reviews and was looking forward to a great meal. At first impression its a clean average establishment that smells like moth balls. Started with the caprese salad the tomatoes were way under ripe and tasteless. We ordered the spaghetti and eggplant parmesan 2 should bestaples in any Italian place. The noodles were so overcooked it was like eating mush and the sauce was really bland worse then canned. On top of the poor food they are way overpriced. Dinner for 2, appetizer and wine corkage fee of $10 + tip = $60. This is way too much for below average food. Not to return.

Visited March 2011