“Disappointing night” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Lodi
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Disappointing night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had reservations for a suite since there were three of us traveling together. However much to my surprise, the property did not allow pets to stay in a suite. I guess pet friendly does not mean the whole property! We ended up in a simple motel room with two queen beds. Unfortunately, our third traveler snored loud enough to wake me up and I am hearing impaired. It was not the night I had hoped for and after driving 740+ miles I was not in the mode to look for another hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure to read all of the fine print. When looking at the suite description, it did say pets not al...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
TeamHamptonLathropCA, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Royal Host Inn, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I apologize about the confusion on pet-friendly policies. We do notate this policy on the room type when booking on our booking engine. While we do accept pets, we do try to be respectful of those that have pet allergies and do specify buildings that pets can stay in. This way we can assure comfort of those that might be allergic to pets. I am sorry that we could not accomodate your suite request while travelling with your pet. I understand that it was frustrating not to be able to have the extra space and separate room for the person who snores. My apologies that we could not accomodate your request.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

very nice place to stay for the value.we skipped the breakfast, it didnt look great and we wanted to try the well known richmaids up the road. clean rooms, great pillows and recently redecorated. why 200 characters?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree that the newly decorated rooms have been a hit! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed breakfast at Richmaids, it is a popular place to eat in town and we are glad it is nearby. Thanks for staying with us, please come by again!
Carson City, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel seems to be one of the better ones in downtown Lodi. That being said, we got bit by some kid of bug in the room. Train noise all night long. Free breakfast average but one container had run out 30 minutes after they opened and they were in no hurry to refill it. The rooms looked clean. small towels. The staff was helpful but not overly friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We have been on a road trip for two months so we have seen a lot of motels. This one is maybe a bit above average. Nice pool, no spa, exercize, etc. Room was clean and bed comfortable. mini fridge no freezer. Microwave. Nice computer desk with even hard wired option BUT NO A/C plugs near it. I don't know what the designers of these rooms are thinking. All to often we find that is a problem. There are two plugs for the whole room but across the room from the computer. Bring a long extension cord. We have learned to always carry one. Single cup coffee maker, hairdryer in bath. One sink. Small table with two chairs. 2 stories no elevator.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor if you don't like stairs.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have enjoyed staying at this hotel weekly for several years. I find the rooms entirely comfortable, clean, and quiet. I have used many of the rooms available and I have found them all to be consistently clean and well stocked with all the expected comforts. The internet works quite well as do the air conditioning and the television. There is also a very funtional exercise room and swimming pool. The parking lot is secure and safety has never been a concern. Remodeling efforts have introduced new carpets that are both comfortable and decorated in a pleasant design. Each night upon arrival I enjoy opening the door to a nicely decorated room that has been air cooled for my instant comfort. The management and staff are responsible for my weekly return as they are friendly, accomodating, and entirely professional in all their efforts. A wonderful and varied breakfast awaits each morning along with fresh fruit and the daily newspaper. I look forward to my stay and personal greeting each week.

Room Tip: If you want a real treat for yourself or family stay in the jacuzzi room. You will leave feeling lik...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Incline Village, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Good basic Best Western. Rooms were clean, high speed internet worked well, the shower had plenty of hot water and good pressure. Breakfast the usual BW fare. Hotel staff friendly. It's a two story hotel with no elevator, but a nice pool and some lovely lawn space. When we got to our room, the air conditioner was already turned on...a nice touch. We stay again, but wouldn't go out of our way to stay there. $20 dog fee.

Room Tip: First floor in building A would be my choice...closer to everything
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nehalem, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was the worst BW Hotel we have stayed in. We were charged a nonrefundable pet fee (which I can understand) but the carpeting in our unit was filthy. The TV didn't work and the air conditioning did not work properly. The bed was clean and the bathroom was clean. We will not stay here again. For the price it sucked! It is a older hotel, but tht doesn't have anything to do with how we felt.

Room Tip: Ask to do a walk thru
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Royal Host Inn? Share your experiences!