“OK but” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 13 hotels in Lodi
Carson City, Nevada
“OK but”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel seems to be one of the better ones in downtown Lodi. That being said, we got bit by some kid of bug in the room. Train noise all night long. Free breakfast average but one container had run out 30 minutes after they opened and they were in no hurry to refill it. The rooms looked clean. small towels. The staff was helpful but not overly friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We have been on a road trip for two months so we have seen a lot of motels. This one is maybe a bit above average. Nice pool, no spa, exercize, etc. Room was clean and bed comfortable. mini fridge no freezer. Microwave. Nice computer desk with even hard wired option BUT NO A/C plugs near it. I don't know what the designers of these rooms are thinking. All to often we find that is a problem. There are two plugs for the whole room but across the room from the computer. Bring a long extension cord. We have learned to always carry one. Single cup coffee maker, hairdryer in bath. One sink. Small table with two chairs. 2 stories no elevator.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor if you don't like stairs.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have enjoyed staying at this hotel weekly for several years. I find the rooms entirely comfortable, clean, and quiet. I have used many of the rooms available and I have found them all to be consistently clean and well stocked with all the expected comforts. The internet works quite well as do the air conditioning and the television. There is also a very funtional exercise room and swimming pool. The parking lot is secure and safety has never been a concern. Remodeling efforts have introduced new carpets that are both comfortable and decorated in a pleasant design. Each night upon arrival I enjoy opening the door to a nicely decorated room that has been air cooled for my instant comfort. The management and staff are responsible for my weekly return as they are friendly, accomodating, and entirely professional in all their efforts. A wonderful and varied breakfast awaits each morning along with fresh fruit and the daily newspaper. I look forward to my stay and personal greeting each week.

Room Tip: If you want a real treat for yourself or family stay in the jacuzzi room. You will leave feeling lik...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Incline Village, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Good basic Best Western. Rooms were clean, high speed internet worked well, the shower had plenty of hot water and good pressure. Breakfast the usual BW fare. Hotel staff friendly. It's a two story hotel with no elevator, but a nice pool and some lovely lawn space. When we got to our room, the air conditioner was already turned on...a nice touch. We stay again, but wouldn't go out of our way to stay there. $20 dog fee.

Room Tip: First floor in building A would be my choice...closer to everything
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nehalem, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was the worst BW Hotel we have stayed in. We were charged a nonrefundable pet fee (which I can understand) but the carpeting in our unit was filthy. The TV didn't work and the air conditioning did not work properly. The bed was clean and the bathroom was clean. We will not stay here again. For the price it sucked! It is a older hotel, but tht doesn't have anything to do with how we felt.

Room Tip: Ask to do a walk thru
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
santa cruz, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I would really rate this somewhere between "average" and "very good". I would stay there again for the price I paid. It is in an industrial, run-down area of town but so are many other hotels-- and that's pretty much what you get in Lodi unless you want to spend hundreds of dollars per night at Wine & Roses. It's a convenient spot near the highway though.

The room was nice, spacious and comfortable, and looked fairly recently updated. Bed and pillows were comfy. They have some type of new remote control for the TV that is supposed to be easier to clean, it had flat buttons for that purpose, which I appreciated. The room appeared quite clean, although I do have to say that we spilled something on the carpet so we took a damp white washcloth and rubbed that area to clean it up, and the cloth came up very filthy with a dark grey/brown residue. Also we asked a few times for some new towels (because we chose not to have our room cleaned) and they were in the laundry so we were promised they would be delivered later, but never were.

The breakfast was definitely above average, with hot items like eggs and sausage as well as some typical continental stuff. There aren't a ton of mid-range hotels in Lodi so this is one of the better options. I have stayed at the Quality Inn nearby which is a similar price and this hotel is better. There is a Holiday Inn nearby which looks nice but it cost around $40 more per night.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We recently (April 21, 2012) stayed at the Royal Host Inn for one night and we were extremely satisfied. We had a two room suite for under $90. We had our 16 year old son with us in his own room. The carpet was new. The room looked freshly painted (crown moldings). Although I do not prefer the type of air conditioner (mounted under the window) we weren't put off by it. I didn't run it at night since it is too loud. The only other noise was from a train, but again, I was able to fall asleep again, so no big problem. The room was very nicely decorated and the beds were comfortable. Plenty of pillows and each a little different so you could pick your favorite.

The free breakfast was filling and convenient. I had egg and sausage on a bagel, with orange juice, coffee, and some pastries. My son had a waffle. I would definitely stay at the Royal Host again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Royal Host Inn? Share your experiences!