“A comfortable place to sleep for one night at a convenient location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS I-5 Inn & Suites

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Lodi
No Woman's Land
“A comfortable place to sleep for one night at a convenient location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

We stayed at the Best Western in Lodi for one night on our way from Ashland, OR to Yosemite National Park. So we pretty much picked this place randomly on the day, walking in at 6pm. The reason we chose it was because it was just off the I5 and we saw the sign.

I can't say that much about it, other than that the room was clean, larger and more comfortable than a lot of rooms we'd stayed in on our road trip. It was refreshing to be able to sleep.

Breakfast was in a bit of a weird location just off the lobby, but it was pretty good and included waffles. The staff wasn't very friendly though, and I wouldn't expect too much just because it says it has a pool. The so-called "pool" is a dirty little waterhole so small you can't possibly swim in it. We didn't use it. The internet didn't work on my laptop, but I had this problem in a few other places as well.

We didn't drive into Lodi, but there aren't really any groceries stores in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. There is a Taco Bell, a Carls Jr. and a gas station, along with another motel across from the Best Western that I would probably check out for rates as well.

I wouldn't say it's something you need to pre-book, but when we walked in on the day we got a rate of 100 Dollars for three guests, double queen room. Not sure if this is good or bad. We were content with it for the nice room we got, and the one-night stop just off the freeway.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Anaheim
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

I'm writing from my room right now , just spent the night here , great service , fast wifi service nice little pool and spa tub comfy beds, after a 9hr drive greeted by a friendly desk person , who checked us in fast got to my room dropped on the beds nice and comfy clean room fridge to put water in for next day, close to i5 , lots of places to eat , handy for gas , not noisy considering how close everything is , would highly recommend

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Western US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

This Best Western is new and very comfortable. It is an easy on/off form the I-5. Rooms are spacious. Wireless internet is weak in the room, but very strong in the breakfast room. They also have a computer setup for guests to use. The pool is very small, but the spa is nice. There are adequate eating places right close-by. This is a good place to stay over while enroute to your destination.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
MK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

We chose this hotel for a one night stop to break up a long journey. It is very conveniently placed, beside the I 5 and with a couple of restaurants close by. It is very clean, breakfast was fine, the swimming pool was very small but still refreshing, and most importantly it had a guest laundry which had become essential by that stage on a long trip.
The only downside to it was noise. It is very much a truck stop and so there was lots of engine noise early in the morning.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
san jose, ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

The hotel and the room were fine.

However, we booked a suite at the hotel 2 months in advance. A week before the trip, a woman from the front desk called and had our reservation mixed up. She was very difficult to understand, unfortunately. She did however confirm the reservation and the confirmation number.

When we arrived, the same woman informed us that there were no more suites left. Apparently, she gave out suite away even though we had a printed reservation and confirmation number and were there in time for check-in. She was no help. I pushed the issue and somehow miraculously, she found us a suite!

This was very frustrating, but there are not too many choices in Lodi and we were there for the Zinfandel festival.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — person at the front desk, not helpful
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Guadalupe, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

Can't help but wonder if we stayed the same place as the other reviewers! WOW...we were VERY happy with this motel. Front desk clerk (Sao) was very pleasant/helpful; the lobby/breakfast room was neat and clean; our room was spotless, as was the bathroom. Our room was on the 3rd floor and, any "noise" from Highway 5 was very faint. The only thing that made any noise at all was the small refrigerator, but that was trivial. Our beds (2 queens) were clean and quite comfy. We had absolutely no problems or complaints whatsoever. We would, without question, stay at this motel again. Still puzzled over the "negative" feedback! Maybe some people are just way TOO hard to please.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Diego, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2007

After a long 10 hour drive, my family and I were more than ready to find a reputable, inexpensive hotel that would fit our family of 6. Seeing the sign for the Best Western and having had good experiences with that hotel chain in the past, we pulled in and booked a room...

Big Mistake! As soon as we approached the building, we were horrified to see a box labeled "Caution, Do Not Touch. Rat Poison!"
Right away we wanted to leave, but escape was not an option... it was getting dark, and we needed somewhere to collapse. We pressed on...

The staircase was musty and we opened the door of our room to find stains all over the carpet, only two queen beds (apparently their "biggest" room, they didn't mind making 2 of us sleep on the gross floor) My father attempted to use the bathroom, only to find that the lock was broken. We called up a hotel mechanic, who didn't speak English well and spent about 20 minutes actually removing and replacing the lock. The employees of the hotel were dressed sloppily in casual clothes and indistinguishable from the hotel guests except for their crooked name tags. In the guest folder, the author misspelled several words (tooth was spelled “thooth” and remember spelled “remeber”, as well as questionable punctuation), not a huge issue in it of itself, but laughable when thrown in with these other mishaps.

But the Best Western's definition of "pool" takes the cake...
After attempting to settle in, we prepared to take a dip in their advertised pool. As we opened the door, we were shocked to find a teeny strip of water about 4 feet wide and 10 feet long, with at least 6 people crammed in to escape the heat... Nearly overcome with exhaustion, we decided to forego the "swim" and re-pack our swim suits.

In favor of the hotel, the complimentary breakfast was decent and the room was clean enough.

Needless to say though, if I am ever in Lodi again, I will not be returning.

• Liked — um... the roof over my head?
  • Disliked — everything else...
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS I-5 Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!