“Very good ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Lodi
Staten Island, New York
“Very good ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The room was clean and the staff was very nice. Some issues with this hotel: the shower pressure is very bad, you can barely take a shower and they advertise a pool. The bathtub is probably bigger than the pool. If you like fast food you are in the right place. Few minutes away you can find food and stores.

Stayed October 2013
Rajiv J, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS I-5 Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your business here at the Best Western Plus I-5, we apologize for the low water pressure as we are currently in the process of trying to resolve the problem. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Room service was prompt, all room features worked and one of the cleanest in the lodi area. The only issue I had was missing shampoo and soap, but that was taken care of when I let front desk know

I will definitely be staying here the next time I'm visiting family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Rajiv J, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS I-5 Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our front desk was able to promptly assist you with your missing items. Here at best western I-5 we strive to make every guest experience a pleasurable one! We look forward to seeing you back soon!
Big Bear Lake, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Since last staying here in April, the management has made some improvements to the facility and service. First of all, the check-in went smoothly and I didn't experience the SNAFUs of the previous check-ins wherein through incompetence or design, the room rate which they attempted to charge me did not correspond with the reservation pricing made over the phone. In fact, the manager was on duty and he actually "upgraded me" to a room with a king size bed, rather than the two queen beds which I would have been given at the same room rate. I was appreciative of that and told him so. However, when I got situated in the room, I discovered that the phone wasn't working. Thinking it was just the handset, I carried it downstairs and advised the manager of the problem. he looked chagrined and finally admitted to me that the phone service wasn't working in a number of rooms and that the "technician had been called" and would address the problem the following morning. Well, it still wasn't TWO DAYS LATER, when I checked out, so this must be continuing problem. These days most calls from the room are made with cell phones, but what about communication with the front desk, as I needed in order to learn the wireless password? The second problem, which I mentioned in my April review, still exists; i.e., the low water flow in the shower. Water flow in the other fixtures is fine, so I think the problem lies in the overly LARGE shower heads in the tub/shower. They need to be reduced in size, so that the flow is more than a trickle as is currently the case. Lastly, the king size mattress needed to be turned over. The bed had two "troughs" where people usually lie, so I had to move to the center of the bed in order to have a firm support for my back problem. However, the pillows were VERY firm and supportive, not the usual weak pillows which offer no neck/head support whatsoever. I won't be staying at this motel until April, 2014, so it remains to be seen whether these complaints will be addressed and remedied by then. Rest assured, Mr. and Mrs. Traveler, I will let you know if they aren't.

Room Tip: I stayed on the freeway side of the motel on the first floor. It was very quiet, although I typical...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Rajiv J, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS I-5 Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We send our sincere apologies from our staff here at the Best Western Plus I-5 for your unsatisfactory experience. We are most understanding of your frustrations and have addressed most of the issues at hand and most importantly taken into consideration your advice about the shower heads. As for the telephone inconvenience in the room, rest assured that all and any problems have be resolved as we have upgraded our telephone system. We hope you give us a chance to change your mind and experience here at the Best Western Plus I-5 as we will be sure to redeem ourselves. Hope to see you back soon!
Grass Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed here Saturday night while fishing on the Delta for the weekend. Nice stay, my only complaint was hearing a dog bark in the hotel. I didn't realize it is a dog friendly hotel. I quizzed the hotel receptionist upon check-out if the room we had was previously used by guests with pets. Her answer was " we have a special floor for pets but in the event that floor is full, we put pet's in our regular rooms but make sure the maids spend a extra 30 minutes cleaning the room. Not the answer I wanted to hear. Nothing against Dog's as I have 2 myself. Needless to say I will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. And we do apologize for your misinformed response from our front desk clerk; we do have a pet policy where we do allow pets in designated rooms on one floor only. And housekeeping does spend more time on dose rooms. We hope this resolves any questions you may have had, and I hope you will reconsider staying with us again.
lompoc, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Last stopped in Lodi decades ago and was amazed at the upgrades in facilities. Never would have stayed here before. Now I will make it point to overnight agai when on the road. The breakfast was perfect and no restaurant beyond the fare offered (including self made waffles) was needed. Kept me going until lunch.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you Linda we are glad you had a good and lasting experience at our hotel. We can’t wait to see you again soon.
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Easy Access off the I-5. On our way to Oregon. Was clean and comfortable. Can hear a little noise from the highway since it is so close. Comfortable beds. Had all the amenities we needed. Gas and food nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rajiv J, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS I-5 Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about our hotel. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with what we had to offer. If your ever in our area again we would love to have you for another stay!
NAMPA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stopped at the Lodi Best Western on I-5 on our way to Monterey from Nampa, Idaho. It was a great place to stop, easy on and off the freeway, and clean and comfortable. Many dining opportunities close by. Will use this motel again as needs arise.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your travels. I am glad to see that our convenience to the freeway was a plus for you. We take pride in our hotels cleanliness and hearing positive feedback is great! I am pleased to hear that you have decided to keep us in mind on your future travels. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS I-5 Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!